How to wick an RDA effectively, and avoid dry hits (Scottish Roll)

Just tried this on my ego one clr coils and so far I am impressed. So just maybe this is not only for RDA's

Holy friggen batman balls! I just coiled up my Monster v2 with a 2.5mm twisted 28g 5 wrap jobbie and wicked it up with this method. Firing on my mech I run out of lung capacity before any sign of dryness. I can take nice loooooong lungfulls again and again and again and again!

This is incredible :clap:

Thanks for sharing this @Alex :rock:

Just finished this wick in my Taifun GTii and it is awesome! o far no leaks(which I had an occasional issue with) no dry hits and good flavor

Reporting back after a day's use in the Nuppin that I wicked last night.
Still the same kind of performance and I am very pleased.

At least 10 very flavourful puffs per squonk - and easily 15 - before even the slightest hint of dryness.
All that happens is the flavour drops off gradually - which is a big bonus - instead of going dry suddenly.

What a pleasure.

Now I need more Jap cotton pads!

@Alex, you champ!

@Alex, I was sceptical at first so I tried it in my derringer. Decided to go with a single coil and it works very well. Good thing I got 20 jap pads in my emergency apocalypse kit. :D

Went ahead and did this on the rogue with a dual coil and again very impressed.

This is the best wicking method I tried to date.

Can get around 4 pulls of about 5 seconds each.

Flavour deteriorates as the juice diminishes as stated before.

You can also see how juice hungry the wick is as I no longer need to prime the wick properly. Just drop some juice and it gets absorbed and distributed evenly!

Ready, steady, go!

b426412e53991b55103cf3ef9e0a0a65.jpg

Okay I'm sold

I went about 20 or so toots before re dripping but based on the look of the wick, it seemed like it had at least another 3 decent ones left to go. Maybe more!

Okay I'm sold

I went about 20 or so toots before re dripping but based on the look of the wick, it seemed like it had at least another 3 decent ones left to go. Maybe more!
Who bought you ?:rofl:

Scottish Roll. The highlands of vaping. self.electronic_cigarette

submitted 3 hours ago by PepperJaxFarms

This shit is bananas. Cheese bananas. I watched the video like everyone else, and like everyone else, I tried it. First up, the doge x. Dual 24g ka1 at about 5 wraps and 3mm each with milk meee which is 85/15. I wasn't counting, but I easily got 20 hits at 50 watts. Next, the subtank mini. Got twisted 24g ka1 at 4 wraps 2.4mm shooting .31 at 48.5 watts. I used the leftover 1/3 square that got put to the side while doing the dual coils. I stretched it, then halved it. Rolled it up and squeezed it through the coil, then snipped just inside the o-ring. Slid the barrel over, juiced up with milk meee and went to town. I haven't had a single dry hit. Even while chain vaping in the truck. I always get one or two dry hits in my subtank mini no matter the wicking method. Not now. Huuuuge thank you to /u/cheesebanana [1] for bringing this method to light. It's now my go to for rda and rta alike. Somebody tag him so he can know my appreciation

Tldr, the Scottish roll is the real ******* deal for drippers and subtanks

https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/3kbx7y/scottish_roll_the_highlands_of_vaping/

I went off the jap cotton and done this wicking with Cotton Bacon V2 and on the Reo using an Atomic RDA with 26G, 6 wraps, @ about 0.3 ohms.
and i got about 17 puffs and not a single dry hit and after inspection of the wick, i think i stopped at 2 puffs and the wick still looked like it had about 5 more good pulls left.

So yes, this style of wicking does work, and i think it should work with the cotton balls aswell. Just try to get it as flat as possible and then do the swiss rol jobbie and wick.:h::inlove:

I went off the jap cotton and done this wicking with Cotton Bacon V2 and on the Reo using an Atomic RDA with 26G, 6 wraps, @ about 0.3 ohms.
and i got about 17 puffs and not a single dry hit and after inspection of the wick, i think i stopped at 2 puffs and the wick still looked like it had about 5 more good pulls left.

So yes, this style of wicking does work, and i think it should work with the cotton balls aswell. Just try to get it as flat as possible and then do the swiss rol jobbie and wick.:h::inlove:
Good to know it works with the Bacon too, I picked some up last week but haven't got around to trying it yet, I'll try it with this method. :)

So even though I haven't had a dry hit in the Billow2 or the Goblin Mini as yet, touch wood, I was curious to see whether this wicking method will work in an RTA after reading some of the comments above.
6 wraps, 26g Kanthal, 2.5mm ID, 0.34 ohms, vaping at 45W.No leaking thus far, flavour is just as good as with my normal wicking, more vapour production and the amount of wick in that little chamber does restrict the airflow ever so slightly.
I also reduced the amount of rolls by 2/3.

IMG_2948.JPG IMG_2949.JPG IMG_2950.JPG

Based on the amount of cotton he uses (like a whole pad for one wick) there is a gr8 business opportunity for a vendor here

Selling this cotton in 50 metre roles. .

Imagine a weekend of coil building experimentation you would need like . . 10 by 50 metre rolls lying next to you

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back