I am interested in DIY juice, where do I begin?

My fave recipe is still the easy to make suckerpunch clone. 14% dragon fruit, 4% vanilla swirl and 2% bavarian cream. Simple and yum everytime :ARMS1::ARMS1:

Enjoy - DIY is great fun.
Here is the Menthol/Mint recipe thread, although not many fruit menthols there yet. However, for most fruit recipes you can just add 0.5 - 1.0 % Menthol (any brand will do). Here is the Fruit recipes thread. My absolute favourite in there is the Mango Crack and I think it would be stunning with Menthol.
Do not hesitate to shout if you have any questions.

I had actually gotten everything for that into my basket!!!! Sounded amazing from the description! Here's hoping I can nail the recipe to put out the right thing!

Thanks very much @Andre for the links to the recipes. I will let you know how the Menthol goes in the Mango Crack.

Thanks very much for being available, really appreciate it

@Waine Going through the thread i see a lot of good advice but no tutorials for you to go over. New Amsterdam Vape is a Youtube channel with the easiest to understand tutorials on DIY E-Juice and he gives you a recipe to practice that is bloody nice. (made it myself, loved it).
With regards to what to buy..... you get the most bang for your buck in the long run buying Blck Vapors
STARTER KIT 1 (NEW MIXER) and their 500g scale. but this is my opinion and some seem to share it and others dont.
Note that the recipie he gives you in the tutorial needs to steep for a minimum of a week and a half. If that is too long of a wait. Try Sweet Lychee (CAP) at 7%. you can vape it the next day but leave for 3 to 4 days to mix properly with the nic

The whole DIY thing may seem daunting at first, but it becomes like a hobby and is also very rewarding. The only downside in my personal opinion is that you tend to start vaping alot more, because of the fact that you know you've got plenty of juice and it's quite cheap as well. I worked my way up to about 1.5 litres of juice a month but still cheaper than smoking.

I have the opposite thing: I can't vape fast enough to satisfy my juice-making habit. I had a teeny bit of juice left in a bottle this morning, after I refilled a tank. So I thought aha, I can wash the bottle and make some juice. But I'm half-Scottish so I couldn't discard the dregs of juice, and decided to drip it instead. I've been dripping the whole blessed day and it's still not finished. I swear, dripping has some sort of auto-juice-regeneration thing going.

I could buy more steeping bottles and just mix more juices but then the stuff would be steeping for literally months before I got to it. I've been vaping this Malva Custard for weeks and there's still about half of the 30ml left. And that's in an Avo24. It's absurd.

I have the opposite thing: I can't vape fast enough to satisfy my juice-making habit. I had a teeny bit of juice left in a bottle this morning, after I refilled a tank. So I thought aha, I can wash the bottle and make some juice. But I'm half-Scottish so I couldn't discard the dregs of juice, and decided to drip it instead. I've been dripping the whole blessed day and it's still not finished. I swear, dripping has some sort of auto-juice-regeneration thing going.

I could buy more steeping bottles and just mix more juices but then the stuff would be steeping for literally months before I got to it. I've been vaping this Malva Custard for weeks and there's still about half of the 30ml left. And that's in an Avo24. It's absurd.

I have about 20 250ml glass bottles that I use for steeping my juices, whenever I need juice for the day, I just throw them in 2 unicorn bottles I have and I'm set for the day.

So you mix around 200-250ml of one juice at a time? I mix 30ml max of each flavour and even that is too much sometimes. I have four mods and six tanks in rotation. I use one juice in each tank so I have six juice bottles on my desk at a time, but will only vape four of them on a given day. Two of my tanks "rest" each day. Try as I might, I can't go above about 6ml of juice per day. So those six bottles x 30ml on my desk is a month's supply.

So you mix around 200-250ml of one juice at a time? I mix 30ml max of each flavour and even that is too much sometimes. I have four mods and six tanks in rotation. I use one juice in each tank so I have six juice bottles on my desk at a time, but will only vape four of them on a given day. Two of my tanks "rest" each day. Try as I might, I can't go above about 6ml of juice per day. So those six bottles x 30ml on my desk is a month's supply.

As I said, I vape about 50ml a day, so mixing 10X 250ml bottles at once is nothing funny for me, I sometimes even mix 18 bottles all at once and that gives for enough steeping time. I normally top up about a month before I run out so the new mixes have enought time to steep properly. I have a baby bottle warmer on hand which I use to "quick steep" when I want to taste if a certain mix will work and it's quite handy when I don't want a full 250ml of bad tasting juice.

Is your mod turned on? ;) You know you're meant to inhale when you vape don't you? ;)

:-D
I recommend a juice guzzling monster tank.....
:rofl:

As I said, I vape about 50ml a day, so mixing 10X 250ml bottles at once is nothing funny for me, I sometimes even mix 18 bottles all at once and that gives for enough steeping time. I normally top up about a month before I run out so the new mixes have enought time to steep properly. I have a baby bottle warmer on hand which I use to "quick steep" when I want to taste if a certain mix will work and it's quite handy when I don't want a full 250ml of bad tasting juice.

Does the baby bottle warming really work?

Thanks

Does the baby bottle warming really work?

Thanks

It works, does most of the job very well, offcourse there's no substitute for time but if I want to taste what my juices will be like after about 3 weeks, I just put it on 40 degrees celsius for 3 hours and its good to vape, makes shaking it easier as well.

:-D
I recommend a juice guzzling monster tank.....
:rofl:

I have the Limitless Plus! But I vape so lightly (coils at around 0.5Ω and 30-40W) that even the Plus is an economical tank. I reckon I could run 15A batts in my mods and they wouldn't even break a sweat. My only dual-18650 mod (Tesla Invader 3) only gets charged every third or fourth day. I've tried vaping at lower resistances and higher wattages and it doesn't work for me. For others it's clouds for days, for me it's juice and battery life for days. :D

It works, does most of the job very well, offcourse there's no substitute for time but if I want to taste what my juices will be like after about 3 weeks, I just put it on 40 degrees celsius for 3 hours and its good to vape, makes shaking it easier as well.

Thanks. You must post a pic for us.

Ok, so my favorite vendor @SirVape has all the goods to make DIY. Yaay! Now I am keen to getting started. Can anyone post a link that will show me how to get started with 30ml bottles and PG 36 mg in 100 ml bottles.

Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, so my favorite vendor @SirVape has all the goods to make DIY. Yaay! Now I am keen to getting started. Can anyone post a link that will show me how to get started with 30ml bottles and PG 36 mg in 100 ml bottles.

Much appreciated.

Give this a read https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/2iq3km/botboy141_guide_to_mixing_by_weight/ a good intro into mixing by weight and explains some of the formulas used.

Here is a video that I found helpful when starting out

Check out http://e-liquid-recipes.com/ and enter your ingredients (as per your recipe) and it will churn out how much of everything you need.

I can advise not to start using a scale. Use syringes first for 2 years. Then get a scale cause you will appreciate it more :)

I don't think you will be able to mix with just one stop at Sir Vape. They don't have scales and are very limited in bottles, etc. However, that is not a biggie, you can at least get nic, PG, VG and TFA concentrates from them.

Do yourself a HUGE favour and avoid the n00b mistake of mixing by volume. I went that route initially and wasted money on syringes, pipettes, graduated flasks, beakers, etc. None of which I use anymore. Rather spend that money on a scale. What you need to mix by weight is:
1) A scale and batteries for it
2) Nic, VG, PG, concentrates
3) Amber 50ml bottles for steeping. Six is a good number to start with.
4) Some 10/20/30ml plastic dropper bottles to store nic
5) Whatever juice refill bottles you like to use
6) Bottles or devices to make pouring PG or VG easier and more precise.

I don't know if you have any China mall style facilities near you in Durbs but you can normally find scales there. Ideally, you want a scale that will measure up to 500g and goes to two decimal places. I also don't know if you have any West Pack or similar plastic/glass/home type stores near you. These places offer amber glass bottles which are perfect for mixing and steeping, and then any number of other useful bottles too. For PG, I bought a Wimpy-style thin-nozzled ketchup bottle for R8. For VG, I use sloped nozzle bottles like the ones used for Alcolin Cold Glue. It makes pouring thick VG a breeze. For nic, I decant the 100ml glass bottle into smaller plastic dropper bottles of 10/20/30ml. Again, this makes measuring out nic very easy, just squeeze in your drops until you hit the right weight on the scale. Also, nicotine doesn't like being exposed to air, light or warmth. So keeping a number of smaller bottles in the fridge, rather than one big bottle, will keep it fresher for longer.

You can go to this page to find some popular recipes that are easy for beginners. As you will see, there aren't many recipes that can be made exclusively with TFA concentrates. But you will be able to do Mustard Milk, Strawberry Cheesecake, Sancho, Atmose Chifles, Mikes Melons, Custard King, Sucker Punch Clone and a few others. That is plenty to start with.However, I notice that Sir Vape do not have all the TFA concentrates needed to make these recipes. So you will need to shop around a bit. Welcome to DIY, you will get used to buying concentrates from one vendor, then going to a second vendor for concentrates which the first vendor didn't have. And then maybe even going to a third vendor for concentrates that neither of the first two vendors had. There are an awful lot of different brands and flavours on the market. Nobody has them all.

Do yourself another favour, download and install eJuice Me Up. It's a very easy and free recipe calculator. When you first fire it up, enter the following values in the various boxes:
Nicotine Strength Juice: 36mg if that is what you have bought
Then 100% PG or 100% VG depending on which type of nic you have (I recommend buying PG)
Target nicotine strength: whatever you like, I use 3mg
Amount to make: whatever your average juice batch will be, I use 30ml
Target VG, Target PG: whatever ratio you favour, I use 40PG 60VG normally

Then go to Tools -> Grams Set. In the various boxes, enter the following:
Nicotine: 1.037 if you have PG nicotine
PG: 1.038
VG: 1.26
Flavoring: 1 is easiest but you can put 1.038 if you want to be slightly more accurate
Water/PGA: leave this at 0, you won't be adding these.

Then, once you have added all these values, go to File and choose Save As Default. This means that every time you open the app, these values will all be loaded automatically. If you don't Save as default, you will need to add your weights, nic strength etc every time which is a PITA. This gives you a blank template where you just need to add your flavours and click Calculate each time.

I am not sure how Sir Vape package their concentrates but most vendors provide them in 10ml plastic dropper bottles. That would be perfect. Now that you have everything, mixing is a simple procedure:

1) Put your amber mixing bottle on the scale, then turn it on. The scale will tare automatically and your display will read 0.00g. Otherwise just hit the Tare button on the scale and it will zero the display.
2) Add your nic from the dropper bottle into the mixing bottle. For a 30ml mix at 3mg nic, you will usually need 2.59g. When you reach this weight, tare the scale to zero. If you can't get it exactly to 2.59, just get it as close as you can, you won't notice the difference.
3) Add your PG to the specified weight, tare.
4) Add your VG to the specified weight, tare.
5) Add each ingredient to the specified weight, tare after each.

When all ingredients have been added, cap and label the mixing bottle, give it a good shake and... you're done. Couldn't be simpler. No syringes or beakers to wash up, simply turn off the scale, put your steeping bottles away in a cool, dark place for a few weeks, decant from the steeping bottle into your refill bottle once it's steeped, and vape on.

@RichJB Thanks for the detailed explanation. I haven't bought anything yet. Will buy at the end of the month. It sounds like the scale is the way to go.

@RichJB Thanks for the detailed explanation. I haven't bought anything yet. Will buy at the end of the month. It sounds like the scale is the way to go.

YGPM sir :D

Hi
Need info please

That digital scale from blckvapour is it any good? i notice there sell 2 types which is better?

They are both suitable. However, the R170 one measures up to 500g, the R140 only goes to 200g. For thirty bucks difference, I'd rather get the 500g one. Although your mixes will generally be under 200g, it doesn't hurt to have the extra headroom. Plus I don't just use my scale for DIY, I also use it in the kitchen where I often need to measure above 200g.

Hi
Need info please

That digital scale from blckvapour is it any good? i notice there sell 2 types which is better?

I have the little 200g one and it works great, perfect for making up to 100ml batches at a time.
I got it before they had the big one on their site and would have taken that If i had the chance as that goes up to 500g so you should be good for batches up to 400ml

Back