I am interested in DIY juice, where do I begin?

specialized scale would be required, something that can measure down to 0.01g. Good luck dude, and hopefully soon - welcome to the wonderful world of DIY.

I think you'll find that kitchen scales are considerably more expensive than the DIY scales that BLCK sell. Taking a look at Takealot's kitchen scales page, most of them are at least double the price of the BLCK scales. And it's not certain that they measure down to two decimal places either. We know that the BLCK scales work, dozens of DIYers use and trust them and get excellent results with them. Why pay more than twice as much for a scale that is untested and might not do what you want as a DIYer?

For the 500g version of the R140 scale that BLCK sells, I paid R150 at the China mall. Really, I don't think you are going to pay substantially less than R140 for a DIY scale, and certainly not at Clicks, Game, etc.

Also very interested in DIY however I want to start with measuring by weight. Do i need to buy a specialized scale? Or can I get any kitchen scale that has 2 decimal points?

I looked at a couple of kitchen scales and very few go down to 0.01, and if they do they're super expensive.

However, if you've got any scale that can go down to 0.01 then winner!

Back