I am interested in DIY juice, where do I begin?

@Alexi How about you spam us once you have more concentrates for sale? I have a bigger collection with more variety than you do atm ;)
@Alexi just become a vendor and get it done right.
Your pricing is good but damn like Huffapuff said, I too have more TFA concentrates at home than your site does...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Cheapest DIY webiste in RSA, stocks TFA and DIY accessories :)

www.atmosfear.co.za
Open 24/7!!

Perfect for that late night single flavor rush.. Hehe[/QUOTE]

Good to know there is another supplier available for when I cannot get something I am looking for.

Hi guys,

I am one of the owners of AtmosFear but I am here in a personal capacity to state that we don't have anything to do with Alexi.

I apologise for any issues caused to you all.

Have a great day everyone!

In this turn key mentality world everyone wants instant gratification. But the correct first step before you buy anything IMO should be doing a lot of research yourself about everything and anything related to DIY if your goal is the best vape to your personal tastes. There are literally thousands of resources out there now to weed through on line to weigh and form your own opinions from, a very long list of things to understand fully before diving in. And learn to weed out the hype, it is based on some one else's personal tastes, not yours. I bought hundreds of premades that many of were hyped and most of were not to my liking, so I tossed them out and vaped very few of them. Like most good things in life you earn from what you sow in DIY. Taste is subjective to an individual, so DIY done right for you personally requires a knowledge base to build from, and to keep building on over the years. A lot of time, effort and expense will be wasted otherwise. When you do dive in, make notes as you learn each flavor alone to find your taste for it before attempting 'recipes' of 2, then 3 then multiple flavors to find out what compliments each other to your own personal tastes. Anything short of that and you are cheating yourself out of your perfect vapes.

I spent a few weeks of endless hours every day and night 3.5 years ago doing research before I dove in and placed my first orders for DIY gear/supplies, and I still made some mistakes in flavor concentrates I didn't like so never used. But in time I found my niche, what my personal tastes were, how to build for them, etc. Now DIY is second nature for me, so coming up with something new that I know I will like is easy... because I earned that knowledge myself.

@Spydro You know you have it so right in this post. I started out 6 months ago in DIY expecting instant success, coz you know, I am a pretty decent cook and "I know flavors", oh how wrong I was. I am only now starting to touch on understanding how the flavors really work together and my recipes are getting better and better as I learn what I like and how the flavors interact with each other. It is one of those things that take time and a lot of trial and error and patience.

It all sounds like a major mission to me. I have resolved that I am not ready for DIY yet. I need time, and right now I am using my spare time having fun trying out different coil builds and tinkering with all my equipment. But all the advice I have absorbed and I will probably take up DIY when I feel I must take vaping to the next level. BTW, brick and mortar and other juice vendors must really hate the whole DIY thing. What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It all sounds like a major mission to me. I have resolved that I am not ready for DIY yet. I need time, and right now I am using my spare time having fun trying out different coil builds and tinkering with all my equipment. But all the advice I have absorbed and I will probably take up DIY when I feel I must take vaping to the next level. BTW, brick and mortar and other juice vendors must really hate the whole DIY thing. What do you think?

It might sound like a mission but it only becomes one depending on the path you take. Do you go in gung-ho and end up with 15 concentrates (those that sounded nice when browsing the website) and then figure out that for the three or four recipes that really catch your attention you are still one or two concentrates short? Or do you KISS and choose a recipe that sounds good and has been tried and tested by our forumites with positive results. Get the concentrates specific to the recipe and mix till your hearts content. It all depends on you.

I don’t think that all the juice makers or B&Ms are overly concerned by DIY at the moment. Some, not a lot, B&Ms also sell DIY concentrates, Nic, PG/VG etc and a lot of commercial juice makers chip in with helpful tips on the DIY threads.

That’s just my thoughts on DIY.

well I am yet to start mixing by weight. So I have a dedicated syringe for each flavour. The Vg pg and nic I premix into 100ml batches ( up the nic slightly to compensate for final product. Maybe 1mg ). and get the thickest needless they have.

Sent from Mars

@The_Ice but why ?

I have never had a premix so it is difficult for me to give a objective opinion but I think as for now I prefer to buy mine separate.
What if I want to change the ratio in a specific recipe? My recipes range from 30/70 to 50/50 with 35/65 being very common because I use my own calculation sheet. If I only have a specific premix, that might make thing difficult for my recipe.
You make a point,but in my case where I always use the same mixture it saves time.But if you like to change it up I guess it (premix) would've work.In any case diy can be fun and undoubtedly saves $$$.Luck to you!

BTW, brick and mortar and other juice vendors must really hate the whole DIY thing. What do you think?

Yeah I don't think they are overly stressed to be honest and for really good reason. There is a small section of this forum who DIY and this forum is only a fraction of Vapers in south Africa if vapecon this year is anything to go by. The handful of DIYers is pretty insignificant in the whole scheme of things.

Yeah I don't think they are overly stressed to be honest and for really good reason. There is a small section of this forum who DIY and this forum is only a fraction of Vapers in south Africa if vapecon this year is anything to go by. The handful of DIYers is pretty insignificant in the whole scheme of things.

I honestly don't know how people afford to vape without DIY. I'm going through about 200 - 250ml per month (which is moderate compared to others). Juice would cost me over R1000 a month in premium juices. Currently I spend about R250 - R300 per month on DIY supplies.

I honestly don't know how people afford to vape without DIY. I'm going through about 200 - 250ml per month (which is moderate compared to others). Juice would cost me over R1000 a month in premium juices. Currently I spend about R250 - R300 per month on DIY supplies.

once again in context that isn't much at all.

My wife and I were pack a day smokers, if i recall a pack of smokes at a garage is around R40 if i recall (its been a while 8--)) so for one person we are looking at 30*R40... um about R1200, not counting when one has had a few drinks and put down two or three packs a night.

10ml is a decent amount of juice to have to go through a day and even then a grand on juice is right in the ballpark. Saving money and doing the healthier thing.

So I'm not sure if this is the best spot for this question but didn't feel it deserved a new thread. I am also keen to get into DIY but am worried it is going to consume too much time.

Can anyone give an estimate of the amount of time that is dedicated to DIYing juice and even researching stuff also. I know myself and am worried that I will spend far too much time mixing.

Here's to hoping its not too crazy of a time killer!

So I'm not sure if this is the best spot for this question but didn't feel it deserved a new thread. I am also keen to get into DIY but am worried it is going to consume too much time.

Can anyone give an estimate of the amount of time that is dedicated to DIYing juice and even researching stuff also. I know myself and am worried that I will spend far too much time mixing.

That will depend exclusively on you.
I spend about 3 to 5 hours a week on average mixing.

Once you have recipes that you know and love you can mix them in a matter of minutes - grab a bottle fill it with your base and add your concentrates. It's that simple :)

For me the greatest consumer of time is making my base of PG, VG and nicotine. I'll mix up about a litre at a time so at least it lasts me a fair while.

Working on a new original juice takes more time, but it's fun so I don't think of it as a chore or anything. Same goes for searching for new recipes.

So it's up to you to decide how much time to spend DIYing.

Thanks very much @SAVaper and @Huffapuff . That is what i expected. But good to hear that once you get it down its not a long process.

Think you have convinced me to pull the trigger! Now to find a nice Fruity mentholy recipe to get started on!

Neither the mixing nor the research takes up much time. What eats up the hours is staring at the Blck website and refreshing periodically in the hope that Richio uploaded some new stock in the last few minutes.

Woooooo
Another order of concentrate.
Excited for some
80 20 mixes

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

DIY is awesome... and cheap.
At times frustrating to get the flavor just right.
Other times one just make a moerbei juice and it rocks your world.
BTW moerbei is exactly that, you just moer stuff bymekaar.
I do believe people make it much more complicated than it really is, however in my opinion, to start the journey is like baking, if you can read a recipe, you can diy. Later on, like in a week or so:p, you can experiment.
Enjoy it is the most important thing of all though!!

I am prepared to spend 1000 to 1200 a month on commercial juice as that is what I was spending on cigs. On that budget, is that what I will spend on DIY?

I am prepared to spend 1000 to 1200 a month on commercial juice as that is what I was spending on cigs. On that budget, is that what I will spend on DIY?

Maybe in the first month to get a scale, bottles and staples but waaaaay less than that afterwards. It's really up to you and how complex you want to make your recipes.

Unless you are like me and for some reason have to collect every concentrate ever made :-D that basket seems to grow exponentially during the month

@Waine Not even close...Your first order will be more expensive than the rest as you need to order VG, PG and Nic. Other than the first order it MUCH MUCH cheaper to order the concentrates when you need

@Waine I wish I could spend that much each month!

A grand will set you up nicely to get started with the basics and a handful of concentrates. Thereafter you can add 10 new concentrates each month to your collection for around R500. A 10ml bottle of concentrate lasts a looong time. Well, maybe not TFA as they require higher percentages :p

Depending on how much you mix you will restock on PG, VG and nicotine every so often. But they're way cheaper than the concentrates.

Thanks very much @SAVaper and @Huffapuff . That is what i expected. But good to hear that once you get it down its not a long process.

Think you have convinced me to pull the trigger! Now to find a nice Fruity mentholy recipe to get started on!
Enjoy - DIY is great fun.
Here is the Menthol/Mint recipe thread, although not many fruit menthols there yet. However, for most fruit recipes you can just add 0.5 - 1.0 % Menthol (any brand will do). Here is the Fruit recipes thread. My absolute favourite in there is the Mango Crack and I think it would be stunning with Menthol.
Do not hesitate to shout if you have any questions.

No hex no.geee
1200 on ciggy.

600rand
Even 400rand of Diy will set you straight

DIY is awesome... and cheap.
At times frustrating to get the flavor just right.
Other times one just make a moerbei juice and it rocks your world.
BTW moerbei is exactly that, you just moer stuff bymekaar.
I do believe people make it much more complicated than it really is, however in my opinion, to start the journey is like baking, if you can read a recipe, you can diy. Later on, like in a week or so:p, you can experiment.
Enjoy it is the most important thing of all though!!
So true.
Start out slow.
Then just get 1 day fed up mix n forget your mix.
Ces out amazing try replicate hahaha not a chance.
Hate those days

Back