I need closure

Status
Not open for further replies.

KZOR

Proudly South African Vaper
LV

Awards
Bellville, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
I am posting this because a number of members have asked me now why i have stopped posting recipes and videos on the forum and it is because something has been eating away at me regarding this forum.
So i will post my concern and leave it up to members to decide whether i am being silly or not.
My concern is simply an issue since i don't like it when honest folk are being taken for a ride.

Back in the day i have placed quite a few orders above a R1500 at a certain vendor while always paying for shipping. Other vendors i also used had a "free shipping" option when the order is above a certain amount.
I then enquired about the "free shipping" from the first mentioned vendor, since it was not stated anywhere on their website at that point, whereupon their response was that they do have that option but it was my responsibility as a buyer to have asked them and they would have supplied me with a special code.
The thought that then arose within was how many members have also not been aware of this and for what period of time has the vendor been cashing in on the savings from the purchaser not enquiring about this. This is what started to create a bad broth in my mind.
I did correspond my issue with the vendor who has since rectified their policy regarding "free shipping" by adding the information on their website.
So in my mind I was thinking that any honest vendor would have picked up when a order was more than needed to qualify for "free shipping" and automatically discount the postage fee but this never happened.

And often i saw posts glorifying this vendor and that started to get to me. Even members that also badmouthed them are still posting about their visits and purchases. I am not that type of person. As a teacher i always promote honesty and transparency. If someone did me in and never had the common decency to admit their fault and apologise then i try and cut them out of my life.

So here is where you come in .......
1) am i overreacting
2) should i let bygones be bygones
3) do you understand my point and don't blame me for how i feel
4) was the vendor correct in their method of dealings
5) ANYTHING ELSE WHICH YOU WANT TO ADD

I really love being part of this forum but i need to get rid of this bad vibe internally to still remain active as per usual. Let me know your thoughts and please try and stick to positive criticism.

I agree that the terms for free shipping should be clear and upfront and (if possible) should be automatically applied.
I think with the amount of competition on the market these days if you don't have a free shipping option (with a reasonable limit) you are not going to be competitive anymore.
It is certainly one of the factors I consider when deciding where my hard earned money goes.

All that being said... its never nice sitting with the feeling that the vendor(s) that are gaining massive support from the guys on the forum and not treating them as well as they should.

I really do hope you are able to get past this feeling. This kind of negativity should not be involved here ... and your contributions will be sorely missed if you do go quiet(er).

The word that comes to mind is equivocate.
I fail to see how a business can practice such ethics. Only politicians do that. My 2c.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello @KZOR
Its nice seeing you back on the forum. I would have felt the same about the situation. In my line of business we have a "test - called the reasonable person test, this means what would any average reasonable person would have done". Now bringing this into your situation i would have expected the vendor to be reasonable and apologize for the inconvenience and then either given you a coupon to use at a later stage or refund the courier costs. Not pointing fingers here - But the parties should have managed this whole situation better to resolve the situation at that stage. Calmer and a lot more understanding should have been the underlying principle here. At this stage i would say rather let the feelings of anger go and move on, The good thing is we have a lot of vendors that can still help you with vape goodies from here on.

This is just my opinion of how i would have handled the situation. Reasonable. You are in your rights to be mad and i think the vendor should try and mend the relationship with you.

I am posting this because a number of members have asked me now why i have stopped posting recipes and videos on the forum and it is because something has been eating away at me regarding this forum.
So i will post my concern and leave it up to members to decide whether i am being silly or not.
My concern is simply an issue since i don't like it when honest folk are being taken for a ride.

Back in the day i have placed quite a few orders above a R1500 at a certain vendor while always paying for shipping. Other vendors i also used had a "free shipping" option when the order is above a certain amount.
I then enquired about the "free shipping" from the first mentioned vendor, since it was not stated anywhere on their website at that point, whereupon their response was that they do have that option but it was my responsibility as a buyer to have asked them and they would have supplied me with a special code.
The thought that then arose within was how many members have also not been aware of this and for what period of time has the vendor been cashing in on the savings from the purchaser not enquiring about this. This is what started to create a bad broth in my mind.
I did correspond my issue with the vendor who has since rectified their policy regarding "free shipping" by adding the information on their website.
So in my mind I was thinking that any honest vendor would have picked up when a order was more than needed to qualify for "free shipping" and automatically discount the postage fee but this never happened.

And often i saw posts glorifying this vendor and that started to get to me. Even members that also badmouthed them are still posting about their visits and purchases. I am not that type of person. As a teacher i always promote honesty and transparency. If someone did me in and never had the common decency to admit their fault and apologise then i try and cut them out of my life.

So here is where you come in .......
1) am i overreacting
2) should i let bygones be bygones
3) do you understand my point and don't blame me for how i feel
4) was the vendor correct in their method of dealings
5) ANYTHING ELSE WHICH YOU WANT TO ADD

I really love being part of this forum but i need to get rid of this bad vibe internally to still remain active as per usual. Let me know your thoughts and please try and stick to positive criticism.

We all know who you talking about @KZOR what happend has happened and you say the vendor has made adjustments on their webpage to fix the issue.

So why does their have to be a whole thread about something that has been sorted.

To me this just feels the same thing as guys bringing up the whole 'HE' debate again.

What does not posting on the forum have to do with the vendor?

I was lucky to find out how to get free shipping from this vendor early on. The code needed was posted by someone on our forum. The word that comes to my mind is "Disingenuous". I've also spent many thousands with these guys and every time I place an order, I feel a little niggle in the back of my mind when I do. I only order from them when no other vendor has stock of the item I'm buying as their pricing is also not always the best.

@KZOR it was a misunderstanding that could have been handled a little better on BOTH sides of the transaction. Regardless, I really dont see how a post like this will solve anything? The vendor in question didn't part the seas to make you happy and maybe you're entitled to that, with a reasonable expectations of course but this is petty and you need to get over it and move on. Badmouthing a vendor over something this petty does nobody any favours.

Free shipping is a value-added service, with a cost attached to it - not an entitlement.

1) am i overreacting YES
2) should i let bygones be bygones YES
3) do you understand my point and don't blame me for how i feel Refer to point 1
4) was the vendor correct in their method of dealings Probably not - but these things happen.
5) ANYTHING ELSE WHICH YOU WANT TO ADD Refer to point 1

Just my 2c on the matter.

@KZOR, picked up on having missed out with he same dealer a number of times after placing my last order this past week.

Is it a big deal? I honestly can not identify how I feel about this. Were not talking about thousands of rands here. To some extent I blame myself for missing out as at the time of the last order I was aware of the option and how to activate it. Also, seeing I was prepared to do the transaction irrespective any discounts, I did not receive any less than what I paid for. The same applies to purchases from other vendors where after the purchase one might find out they are offering special deals to forum members on such and such a discount code.
But yes, nobody likes the feeling of having missed out...

Based on the balance of probabilities, informed by the service and after sales support received from (un)said vendor, I doubt there is a dubious conspiracy at work here.

Whatever, no use crying about spilled milk. Just let the cats lick it up and go forth better informed.

Regards

I hardly order from the vendor we talking about because I find it cheaper elsewhere,and im all about trying to save a penny because I work hard for it,but I feel every vendor has the right to set up there business any way they feel,as long as they not doing it in an illegal way eg. Selling fake batteries as original,BUT we the customers have the choice of buying from any vendor,and it is our responsibility to check the price,whether shipping is free or not,and if it is worth our while buying the item from a certain vendor or somewhere else,I feel we have no right to tell any vendor how to run there business,if you not happy,go somwehere else,we not here to make every business perfect and try and increase there sales,it is up to the vendor to see how they can do that

I'm going to reply to two issues here. Firstly, the vendor issue and secondly, your feelings that are eating away at you @KZOR.

B...s..t!! is the only possible response to this! :CROSSCROSS:

Agree - this shows double dishonesty on their part. Firstly, for not advertising free shipping above a certain amount on the website and secondly, for not giving you free shipping simply because you didn't ask for it. This suggests a basic dishonesty in their business transactions and, even though they are now advertising free shipping, one can't help wondering which other forms of dishonesty they employ without us being aware of it.

I recently had the good fortune of dealing with an honest vendor - Avacare @Clarissa They advertise free shipping over a certain amount. I placed an order over that amount and paid the total of the invoice, not noticing that shipping was being charged. Avacare emailed me to point out their error and they gave me a credit for the shipping amount. Now that's honesty!!:--)

Now let's talk about your reactions and feelings. First and foremost, you ask if you're overreacting. There is no such thing as an overreaction - just a reaction, whatever that reaction might be. Feelings can not be judged as right or wrong. Whatever feeling a person might have is valid.

You said that if someone had hoodwinked you and not even apologised, you would cut them out of your life. I agree, so cut that vendor out of your life!

I understand your anger that others praise this vendor and quite frankly I would feel the same way, but remember - they don't know what you know. Your anger is affecting only you, while the others merrily go on with their life. Is that what you want? You can't control what others think or say; since there is nothing that you can do about it (unless you are prepared to make the vendor's name public) let it go - for your own sake. How to let it go? Cut it out!! Don't read what others are saying about that vendor. Don't deal with that vendor.

As my signature says, "Be with those who bring out the best in you, not the stress in you"

I feel the exact same way @KZOR. I don't know which vendor this was though, but I hate how some people let these ethical issues slide and continue praising whatever entity did something like this. I guess we just value honesty and transparency more than some. If said vendor did a sincere apology and offered free courier on all orders for a week regardless of order value to make up for something like this I feel it can be forgiven and they have learned from their mistakes. If they simply informed the public that the code is now available on their site without any strong formal "we fucked up" I would refrain from ever buying there again as it would also, as you said, bother me deeply. All of us here are entitled to our own opinion and those saying you are ridiculous or petty, well that's simply an opinion. I for one agree strongly and things like that, to put it lightly, pisses me off... Greed is a dangerous thing. Having dealed with you before I can say that through something as simple as a sale I can see and feel the strong value system and level of honesty you have in place, this broken world needs more of that. :)

Badmouthing a vendor over something this petty
This petty?
Wow .... i must have missed the whole new ethic policy change where common decency has been thrown out the window and replaced with "it's ok as long as not too many people were harmed".
The vendor in question didn't part the seas to make you happy
Are you for real?

Ok admins ..... i see my point i was trying to make is a total fail. It was never only about me but somehow this has also been misread.
You welcome to close this thread if you feel the need to.

This petty?
Wow .... i must have missed the whole new ethic policy change where common decency has been thrown out the window and replaced with "it's ok as long as not too many people were harmed".

Are you for real?

Ok admins ..... i see my point i was trying to make is a total fail. It was never only about me but somehow this has also been misread.
You welcome to close this thread if you feel the need to.

As real as burnt toast. Whilst amusing, this rant isn't very constructive and thats quite plain to see. What do you hope to achieve by this exactly? You're asking for the community's input on the matter but then retracting your argument the second you get some resistance...

Come on. This is childish dude. Its also totally about YOU and the subject "I need closure" quite clearly illustrates that.

@KZOR if I may add two more comments. Firstly, you said that you hadn't posted on this forum for a while because of how you were treated by that vendor. Not posting on this forum does not address or resolve the issue and, if you enjoy participating in this forum, then you are cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Secondly, some peeps are wondering why you posted all of this now. I guess you just needed to let off steam. You've kept everything bottled up inside you ... the vendor issue...your anger...and you just had to let it out somehow, somewhere. That's OK. But now, imagine that your anger is juice ... vape it ... and as you watch the vapour disappear, say to yourself "That's my anger vapourising". Do that every time! Soon you'll run out of juice - and, I hope, anger.

LOL I love the passive aggressive phrases, "certain vendor", "the vendor", just say Sir Vape and get done with it else it's the same hypocrisy as you are claiming floats around the forum.

If you are going to try stir up the hornet's nest, scream loud when you do it, else I cannot for a moment take you serious when you say "i always promote honesty and transparency".

1) am i overreacting No, yes, maybe, what does it matter?
2) should i let bygones be bygones Yes, vote with your wallet, you're a consumer, this isn't Oprah.
3) do you understand my point and don't blame me for how i feel No, no idea what this has to do with the forum at large, it's also the internet don't believe anything you see or read, that's like rule number one.
4) was the vendor correct in their method of dealings Probably not but they have fixed it and we all moved on.
5) ANYTHING ELSE WHICH YOU WANT TO ADD Value.

@KZOR can I ask you some questions please? Im sure most of us reading this thread know who you referring to,and probably the vendor will read this as well

1.What can the vendor do to give you some closure/make you happy?
2.Do you think the vendor should reimburse every single person that paid for shipping on orders over R1500?
3.If the vendor asked you for advice on how to improve his business,what advice would you give?

And lastly...
4.How does the service you received from this vendor affect your contributions on this forum?

1.What can the vendor do to give you some closure/make you happy?
A simple apology
Do you think the vendor should reimburse every single person that paid for shipping on orders over R1500?
Not at all ......... not looking for any reimbursement. I married a physiotherapist. :)
If the vendor asked you for advice on how to improve his business,what advice would you give?
Currently they are doing everything right so doubt they need any advice. :)
How does the service you received from this vendor affect your contributions on this forum?
I am weird in that way. Have always been because i hate it when i see people are being treated unfairly. I realise that it should not affect me that much and have to work on that.

Thanks

A simple apology

Not at all ......... not looking for any reimbursement. I married a physiotherapist. :)

Currently they are doing everything right so doubt they need any advice. :)

I am weird in that way. Have always been because i hate it when i see people are being treated unfairly. I realise that it should not affect me that much and have to work on that.

Thanks
I think if @Sir Vape has to read this post now they have the power to end this once and for all

Thank you,enjoy the rest of this beautiful weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back