Iclear 16 Leaking

Smokyg

All day Vaper
VIP
LV

Awards
Both of my iClear 16 clearo's are leaking at the bottom threads, i have checked that it is screwed on right and that the oring is seated properly, usually reopening and closing it and then refilling does the trick, but now it will just randomly leak out half the tank on my desk.. Has anyone else had this problem?

A clear indicator is if you take a drag it will bubble from the bottom..

Very weird. Have you checked that the coil post is screwed down tight onto its base. Just looking at mine and I cant see how it can leak unless something is making a gap either between the coil post and base or the tank and base.

Very weird. Have you checked that the coil post is screwed down tight onto its base. Just looking at mine and I cant see how it can leak unless something is making a gap either between the coil post and base or the tank and base.
Yip, the coils are on as tight as they can go, the leaking seems to come from between the tank and base. I just read another post where a guy superglued the tank to the steel ring and had no more leaking, i did notice that there was a tiny gap and just pressed down hard on the tank and i felt a slight click. Looks like its fine for now.

Im not to worried as i have iClear 30B's coming, just dont want to waste all my juice into a tissue.

the juice will find its way through the slightest gap, or even when the threaded connections are tight, but not enough. Had that on the Rocket, where the clear tank sits connected to the SS tank part. It was tightened, but not too much as plastic will always lose the fight with SS. The juice found its way out there....

the juice will find its way through the slightest gap, or even when the threaded connections are tight, but not enough. Had that on the Rocket, where the clear tank sits connected to the SS tank part. It was tightened, but not too much as plastic will always lose the fight with SS. The juice found its way out there....
Very interesting! As soon as i see my clearo misbehaving i will get out the super glue and try seal the outside... Wont do it inside tho, vaping super glue vapers would be unpleasant and perhaps fatal. Who knows? Lol! :eek:

before you do something drastic and permanent....google more about other peoples experiences and solutions, it's your friend!

before you do something drastic and permanent....google more about other peoples experiences and solutions, it's your friend!
I have done so, does seem like a lot of people are having the same problem tho, the tank is definately lose, just a slight push to any side and it moves and creates a gap between the ring and the plastic tank.. 1-121120142938.jpg

are these new? or have you been using it for a while already?

Do your iClears have any text on the base and can you take a pic of it please.

Do your iClears have any text on the base and can you take a pic of it please.
Yip. Sure I attached them.. It's not a major problem for me. Mostly wanted to know ow if others had the same issues with theirs. 20140121_131948.jpg

Will a silicone sealant not work? Our Mini Protanks have never given such problems and are used daily, but bigger brother had lots of issues.

Will a silicone sealant not work? Our Mini Protanks have never given such problems and are used daily, but bigger brother had lots of issues.
Perhaps, i saw a vid on youtube where a guy just pulls the tank out a little, applies superglue and presses it back down and he recons it worked like a charm!

i would not want to super glue mine , as i like stripping them down to clean them . When i am done pressing the bases back till they click keeps them sealed . What i have noticed tho is that sometimes when screwing on the tip it will dislodge the base and i am sure that will cause a leak , i always check them and just snap them back together as is seems to work fine .

i would not want to super glue mine , as i like stripping them down to clean them . When i am done pressing the bases back till they click keeps them sealed . What i have noticed tho is that sometimes when screwing on the tip it will dislodge the base and i am sure that will cause a leak , i always check them and just snap them back together as is seems to work fine .
Do you remove the ring by unscrewing the base from the tank or do you pop it off?

they just pop off .
Lol! That's exactly what is happening to mine, unfortunately when it's full in my pocket and it gets a bit of pressure than boom, all the juice running down the leg... Not kief when in public or at work.. Haha. I tend to just walk with it in my hand now, it's safer..

Smokyg ,
it normally starts with a little gap and i notice the wick shaft is then slightly off center when screwing a tip in , thats when i snap it back into place , long before it does a juice dump on me .. i think it's my OCD spotting the off center .

Smokyg ,
it normally starts with a little gap and i notice the wick shaft is then slightly off center when screwing a tip in , thats when i snap it back into place , long before it does a juice dump on me .. i think it's my OCD spotting the off center .
That's how mine also started, didn't really bother me, I also just popped it back, until this morning on the Gautrain when the idiot that sat next to me bumped my pocket and it came off quite a bit and filled my pocket with peachy rooibos goodness.. Just popped it back and refilled it when I got to work. I just don't want that happening again. Thus the superglue theory :D

well i rekon that after a time of "popping" them back on they will get a little tired , i then will probably consider the super glue fix . (mine are still very new ) . Looking at them i don't see a problem with doing that if you want to .

well i rekon that after a time of "popping" them back on they will get a little tired , i then will probably consider the super glue fix . (mine are still very new ) . Looking at them i don't see a problem with doing that if you want to .
Most definitely! :) I'll glue them tonight. Both mine and my gf's. Hers is leaking very little, even tho its popped in all the way. :D thanks for the advice! I'll let you know tonight if it worked!

Ripped out the glue and got my fingers stuck on some toilet paper, none the less, looks like we are all sealed up :)

Great work, Smoky. Am sure you have taken step by step pictures to show as how to do it. Not of the toilet paper though:D.

Back