Ideas on how to organise flavour stash

incredible_hullk

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
Douglasdale, Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa
hi all

over the last month diy'ing the one thing that has frustrated my ocd for organisation is how to rumage through a flavour stash quickly.

the one way i found to work well is creating an excel index with all your flavours and then number (1 to max unique flavour). to make it easier i sorted the excel list ,after indexing, in alphabetical order of name rather than ordering on index number.

i then placed them in sequential order in a clear organiser and placed an index sheet inside.

i made 1 tray of my full set of 67 flavours and another tray with the duplicates that i have as back up.

just an idea i wanted to share.20160903_151623.jpg

At least all your flavours are in the same type of bottles coz you bought from Blck. I have Blck's 10ml plastic dropper bottles, blue 10ml glass bottles from Vapeowave with no dropper, then brown 20ml and 5ml glass bottles from Clyrolinx with an inbuilt dripper which is too slow, my scale will switch off if I use it. I have no idea how to arrange mine.

Is that the Magyver case you talked about? I was looking to find a case with one slot for each bottle. They have ones with tiny compartments for makeup/medicine bottles but they're too shallow for juice flavours.

I'm wondering whether to group by flavour type (all fruits together, all creams/custards, all tobaccos, etc) or whether to group by brand. Or whether to use the plastic divider thingies to do both - all Cly fruits together, all FA creams and vanillas together, etc. Eish, the indecision is almost enough to drive me back to smoking.

I have all my concentrates packed in alphabetical order and when I mix I just line up bottles in rows from A to Z.
Then simply pull the required concentrates for that juice and then mix with a scale. When I'm done I put them back and repeat with next recipe. The initial setup takes maybe 5 or 6 minutes but mixing is quick, no more than 5min for a new recipe and 2 min for 1 I know well.

23e01ea36facf4efc5198b6774005cd5.jpg

935e4ca0d960abf01dbca458999fb973.jpg

These pics are a bit outdated there's a few more 50ml bottles that joined the fray, thank you to @Richio for fueling my DIY addiction. When I pack the bottom I pack starting with A on the left and filling from top to bottom. When unpacking it's as easy as starting from the left.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I have all my concentrates packed in alphabetical order and when I mix I just line up bottles in rows from A to Z.
Then simply pull the required concentrates for that juice and then mix with a scale. When I'm done I put them back and repeat with next recipe. The initial setup takes maybe 5 or 6 minutes but mixing is quick, no more than 5min for a new recipe and 2 min for 1 I know well.

23e01ea36facf4efc5198b6774005cd5.jpg

935e4ca0d960abf01dbca458999fb973.jpg

These pics are a bit outdated there's a few more 50ml bottles that joined the fray, thank you to @Richio for fueling my DIY addiction. When I pack the bottom I pack starting with A on the left and filling from top to bottom. When unpacking it's as easy as starting from the left.

thats good idea...see im an accountant..bad with alphabets good with numbers

Nice Idea but how can I organise this lot...
I lack the patience to carefully pick and replace bottles as I use them.juices.JPG

I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one hoarding concentrates
/miserylovescompany

hi all

over the last month diy'ing the one thing that has frustrated my ocd for organisation is how to rumage through a flavour stash quickly.

the one way i found to work well is creating an excel index with all your flavours and then number (1 to max unique flavour). to make it easier i sorted the excel list ,after indexing, in alphabetical order of name rather than ordering on index number.

i then placed them in sequential order in a clear organiser and placed an index sheet inside.

i made 1 tray of my full set of 67 flavours and another tray with the duplicates that i have as back up.

just an idea i wanted to share.View attachment 66071

Thats actually a very good idea.
If I was keeping all my bottles in a box like that then that is what I would do.
I am lucky enough to have a small little room outside that is dedicated to my mixing. I have a three tier shelf thingy that I made, like steps, that they all site on alphabetically left to right.
(should have made a bigger one)

Thats actually a very good idea.
If I was keeping all my bottles in a box like that then that is what I would do.
I am lucky enough to have a small little room outside that is dedicated to my mixing. I have a three tier shelf thingy that I made, like steps, that they all site on alphabetically left to right.
(should have made a bigger one)
plan for next house...my own breaking bad room

I only have 56 flavours so far. Gah, I'm such a n00b. But I'm going to catch you okes up. I got a bucketload of stuff from Richio and Geoff the other day and no sooner had I got it than Richio uploaded all the new FA flavours onto his site. So I've already got another 15 in my cart, lol. Can you believe it, I don't even have staples like FA Cookie, Caramel, Vanilla Classic and so on. Anyway at least I have TFA Cheesecake with Graham Crust now. There's only been four recipes ever that don't use that, heh.

I also looked at HIC's recipes which @Greyz kindly linked the other day. He uses some funky ginger flavour in there from a flavour house I've never heard of. But he also says you can use other ginger flavours. I'm thinking Cap's Gingerbread. What are you guys using?

I only have 56 flavours so far. Gah, I'm such a n00b. But I'm going to catch you okes up. I got a bucketload of stuff from Richio and Geoff the other day and no sooner had I got it than Richio uploaded all the new FA flavours onto his site. So I've already got another 15 in my cart, lol. Can you believe it, I don't even have staples like FA Cookie, Caramel, Vanilla Classic and so on. Anyway at least I have TFA Cheesecake with Graham Crust now. There's only been four recipes ever that don't use that, heh.

I also looked at HIC's recipes which @Greyz kindly linked the other day. He uses some funky ginger flavour in there from a flavour house I've never heard of. But he also says you can use other ginger flavours. I'm thinking Cap's Gingerbread. What are you guys using?
i havent tried ginger....@RichJB stop that now...im gonna log on to blck's website just now to get that one and then theres trouble

that website is damn evil

You know about it. If I owned that shop, everybody who ordered would get an email saying "Sorry dude we can't deliver your order. I used up all the flavours myself, there's nothing left. Sux2BU."

Has anybody used FA Milk, Bread Crust, Croissant or Caramel Sugar Syrup? I wondered why I couldn't find them in HIC's Notes. They're apparently FA kitchen flavours, not vaping. That's not to say they can't be used for vaping but apparently the Bread Crust needs about one drop per liter of juice and is still overpowering. I'm thinking of doing a budget "Bergie" flavour of juice. The Bread Crust is there, now all I need is something that tastes like meths. :oops:

I'm not sold on a lot of HICs recipes but tomorrow I'm going to mix up some of his Tiramisu. I pray it lives up to all the hype.

If anyone wants I can link them to the pdf of the recipes on my Google drive.

I'm not sold on a lot of HICs recipes but tomorrow I'm going to mix up some of his Tiramisu. I pray it lives up to all the hype.

If anyone wants I can link them to the pdf of the recipes on my Google drive.

So far all of HIC mixes is a absolute win.

So far all of HIC mixes is a absolute win.
That's is great to hear because tomorrow I'll be trying 1 of his recipes out. When I said I'm not sold on his recipes I meant I don't like some of the flavour profiles.
But now that I got the nod their good I'll get some more FA concentrates and try out those that look promising.

My humble colection. Still growing standing on 29 flavours now... Has anybodie released a list of esential flavours that you can't go without?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Drawing inspiration from this thread:), I decided to arrange my stash as well:clap:

DIY_STASH.jpg

I wanted to do the numbering as well so I decided on a binary number system:D.

My humble colection. Still growing standing on 29 flavours now... Has anybodie released a list of esential flavours that you can't go without?

@Friep it depends what ur tastes are my fruits and deserts are interchangable but i always need some vanilla bean ice cream, strawberry ripe, gold ducat, 7 leaves, cherry, graham crust, cuban cigar and menthol as i find those are my main adv components

@Greyz a lot of what HIC does is fantastic - I went through many of his recipes before I found one I didn't like. Because of him 90% of my concentrates are FA.

It's only now nearly a year after I started DIYing that my palate is changing and I'm trying out stuff from the other well known guys. Which of course means I have to start adding way more TFA and CAP to my stash.

HIC definitely has a certain flavour profile and not all of it is for me, but with a bit of tweaking I've been able to adapt those I didn't like so much to my tastes.

@Friep it depends what ur tastes are my fruits and deserts are interchangable but i always need some vanilla bean ice cream, strawberry ripe, gold ducat, 7 leaves, cherry, graham crust, cuban cigar and menthol as i find those are my main adv components
Thanks I have a few of those. Will look into the others. Vanilla bean ice cream and strawberry ripe also on my essential list after vapecon.

Back