If you can... (Help with Samsung S4)

Philip

Reonaut
LV

Awards
I have a Samsung S4 stuck in a bootloop I cant seem to get into recovery mod.
Where in Cape Town or who can I take this to get sorted?

Really cant afford to buy a new phone now

Bumping this for you @Philip
And have added a bit to the thread title

If u were in gp i wud of helped you. All u need is odin and the stock firmware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try this

Hold down home button and volume up
While holding down both press the power button down till u get the bootloader

Then nav with vol button to factory reset

If u haven't tried that already. Give it a shot. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

\\i could also do it for you if i were in cpt but sadly im in the west coast. Give me a minute and ill try put something together as a 'walk thru'

What rom did you flash? Was it a dirty flash(no factory, dalvc, cashe reset)?

Mac75 is on to something here, I think you should do a factory reset, wipe delvc and cache, flash rom and gapps, wipe delv and cache again then reboot. Should solve the problem.

Last edited:
What rom did you flash? Was it a dirty flash? (no factory, dalvc, cashe reset)

Mac75 is on to something here, I think you should do a factory reset, wipe delvc and cache, flah rom and gapps, wipe delv and cache again then reboot. Should solve the problem.

Wow @DoubleD !
I read that twice to try understand but its very confusing lol
I suppose non vapers coming on here and reading all the vaping acronyms may feel similar...

Wow @DoubleD !
I read that twice to try understand but its very confusing lol
I suppose non vapers coming on here and reading all the vaping acronyms may feel similar...

@Silver :-D:-D reading it back now I also got lost for a second but then I remembered I was there when I learnt to do it o_O

@Silver :-D:-D reading it back now I also got lost for a second but then I remembered I was there when I learnt to do it o_O
That is the fun with android, it is open source so you can really do anything with it once rooted. Been doing mine since my first android phone with Eclair. And swapping phones as never easier, once you sign into your google account all your contacts will be automatic on the new phone, be it Sony, Samsung or Motorola , wherever, if it is running android it will have the same interface, just the skin (launcher) look of the operating system will be different

That is the fun with android, it is open source so you can really do anything with it once rooted. Been doing mine since my first android phone with Eclair. And swapping phones as never easier, once you sign into your google account all your contacts will be automatic on the new phone, be it Sony, Samsung or Motorola , wherever, if it is running android it will have the same interface, just the skin (launcher) look of the operating system will be different

Whats your favorite rom so far? Im a huge Resurrection Remix fan but since i got the S5 I've been using CM13 with great success.

I like a Vanilla rom with all the bloatware removed, got a S5 as well now running Marshmallow

Edit: Last CM rom i tried was CM9 and i did not really like it

I like a Vanilla rom with all the bloatware removed, got a S5 as well now running Marshmallow

Edit: Last CM rom i tried was CM9 and i did not really like it

Cm13 is epic boet, you need to check it out :rock:

Although, CM14 has just been released but still 'buggy', hopefully in week or so it will be stable :thumbup: cant wait to check that out

Cm13 is epic boet, you need to check it out :rock:

Although, CM14 has just been released but still 'buggy', hopefully in week or so it will be stable :thumbup: cant wait to check that out
Thanks, i think it is time to revisit ;)

Back