iJust S Coil Rebuilds: Anyone done them?

RainstormZA

Grumpy Old Vaper
LV

Awards
HI all

I'm looking to get an iJust S starter kit and wondering if anyone else has rebuilt the coils.

I would like to rebuilt my own coils but I"m really unsure about the size and gauge of the wire that an iJust needs. I've had a long chat with a friend in CPT who has the same and says the vertical coils are better and that these ones run at 0.3 ohms, creating more clouds to chase.

So now the dilemma sits with me - what wire do I use to create and achieve a 0.3 ohm coil? I have what appears to be 30g Pure Nickel Ni200 (30ft) but the multimeter shows an ohm reading of 0.7 to 0.5 - no matter how many times I wrap, the reading still stays the same so maybe I'm doing something wrong here?

Sorry for the long story here and any help would be appreciated in this.

Ok i just rebuild 3 coils on the standard three that came with my Eleaf iJust S - i removed the existing coils and added the rebuilds with a 0.3 ohm notch coil wrapped in UD cotton.

They all work very well!!! Thanks @BumbleBee

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

On an unrelated topic, where can I find a replacement mouthpiece for my iJust S?

I just broke it and need to find a replacement but i cant find anything that will actually fit or even the original make of it

On an unrelated topic, where can I find a replacement mouthpiece for my iJust S?

I just broke it and need to find a replacement but i cant find anything that will actually fit or even the original make of it

Hi @RainstormZA !

If I'm not mistaken it is a regular 510 drip tip.

@BumbleBee has quite a few here...

http://vapeguy.co.za/accessories/drip-tips

And @Sir Vape has a lot of really fancy ones that are made right here in SA by @hands ...

https://www.sirvape.co.za/collections/tips-by-hands

(Just make sure that you're picking up a 510 one, there are a few in that range that aren't 510.

Thanks so much @Stosta - that really helps as my user manual doesn't even help at all and googling doesn't help either if one is a noob like me and not knowing what size or even if it's a drip tip or a mouth piece. Lol.

Thanks so much @Stosta - that really helps as my user manual doesn't even help at all and googling doesn't help either if one is a noob like me and not knowing what size or even if it's a drip tip or a mouth piece. Lol.
Haha! No worries! I know how frustrating it can be when you're looking for a simple answer, and can't find it anywhere. Been there MANY times myself!

Also I'm having a little issue with my vaping device - I'm thinking the battery is shot. I've barely had it for 2 months or so and it's giving me problems like a cut-off but it's not hot and also despite being a fully charged battery, sometimes it just flashed 3 times. I've checked my coil - even gave it a new coil and it works fine but something's cutting the power off before I've even had a chance to vape anything at all.

At first I noticed it happening more when I added juice to top up as soon as it almost ran empty. Its still doing it. I'm an heavy vaper and my coil never needed to be replaced in the first place so kinda a waste of cotton doing it last night (I'm lucky I get to change it only once or twice a month, despite using sweet ejuice and vaping like a mother). Sometimes I unscrew the atty fully and then screw it back - that SOMETIMES works, not always.

My charger is working fine - it's connected to my PC so that's not the problem here. I'm pretty sure it's my battery.

I can't think of anything else that could be causing this problem - googling. Wow I just tested one of the theories on another site and this seems to be the problem I've found now (here is the link I've been reading up on - http://www.electronic-cigarettesco.co.uk/content/44-e-cig-battery-problems)

Atty screwed in too much - backed it up a bit and now it's working. Very weird. Ok that was very interesting... Hope this helps the next person who has issues with their iJust S / iJust.

Vaping can be frustrating at times @RainstormZA
Sometimes these devices dont work the way theyre supposed to -

Glad you found out what the issue was

Back