Impressions of the gCeramic 0.9 ohm coil in a Trinity bell cap.

DaveH

Vaping Enthusiast
LV

Awards
I really need to see what these Ceramic coils are about for myself.
Is the flavour better for me and do they last longer.
I will be using the Gceramic 0.9 ohm coil in a Trinity bell cap mounted on a Kanger tank base.
First I need to make sure the coil is fully primed (saturated) with juice, and I decided to use the vacuum-syringe method.
IMG_2129.jpg

Dave

Primed (hopefully) tank filled nearly ready to go.
IMG_2131.jpg

Attached to a mod. I do like shiny:)
IMG_2133.jpg
Dave

Hey @DaveH, as another of the more senior chaps on the forum I have over the years learned the benefits of patience, and that youth is generally wasted on the young, but dammit man, you are keeping me in suspenders here...

These are unfortunately piss poor :( especially for the money

Remember I am strictly MTL.
Also before I started I did suck 3 - 4 times with my finger and thumb closing off the air intake and I noticed a lot of air bubbles coming from the coil head.

MTL small air holes @ 14 watts - nothing a mere whisper of vapor ................. it was at this point I thought it would be a good idea to sit down.;)

I won't bore you all with the details but I slowly ramped up the wattage to around 25 watts now I am vaping at 22 watts (I don't like it too hot) still with the small air holes.
I find the flavour to be - clean, crisp, and fresh by far the best I have ever tasted and the throat hit from 6mg/ml juice is very high - higher than any other tank and coil I have.

I'm doing a direct comparison for flavour with a Cubis tank with the same juice and the taste from the Cubis is muted and (dare I say it) sad.

I have vaped nearly half a tank and it is getting better - not one single dry hit.

What I have found the draw (for me) needs to be slow and gentle and the other thing is there is a delay between pressing the fire button and the production of vapor.

First Impression: The new coil seems slow to start, needs half a tank to get going. I'm still getting the throat hits and the flavour is certainly the best I've tasted.

I like these coils - they work well for me in this tank. Interesting to see how long they last.
@Rob Fisher , @Genosmate what didn't you like about them?
Dave

I like these coils - they work well for me in this tank. Interesting to see how long they last.

Well I'm glad someone like the coils and they are not a complete waste... for me the flavour is almost non-existent! And compared to a Target Tank (when you get a decent coil) there is no comparison... the only similarities between the gCeramic and cCell coils is they are both coils.

But I'm going to open a new coil and try again... only because I really wanna use my Tritinty Caps...

Here we go again... maybe I will be better off trying a juice I have never tasted before...
gC 003.JPG

Remember I am strictly MTL.
Also before I started I did suck 3 - 4 times with my finger and thumb closing off the air intake and I noticed a lot of air bubbles coming from the coil head.

MTL small air holes @ 14 watts - nothing a mere whisper of vapor ................. it was at this point I thought it would be a good idea to sit down.;)

I won't bore you all with the details but I slowly ramped up the wattage to around 25 watts now I am vaping at 22 watts (I don't like it too hot) still with the small air holes.
I find the flavour to be - clean, crisp, and fresh by far the best I have ever tasted and the throat hit from 6mg/ml juice is very high - higher than any other tank and coil I have.

I'm doing a direct comparison for flavour with a Cubis tank with the same juice and the taste from the Cubis is muted and (dare I say it) sad.

I have vaped nearly half a tank and it is getting better - not one single dry hit.

What I have found the draw (for me) needs to be slow and gentle and the other thing is there is a delay between pressing the fire button and the production of vapor.

First Impression: The new coil seems slow to start, needs half a tank to get going. I'm still getting the throat hits and the flavour is certainly the best I've tasted.

Dave
I followed the instructions to the letter (incidentally they state to set the mod to 30w before first firing) with the exception that I also primed it first in a syringe and I used pure PG to prime it.

For me ; Vapour production is poor,taste is non existent,plenty of dry hits as well,overall properly kak!

I have a fresh one sitting in a tank which I will leave for at least 48 hours.

Maybe the syringe method is making the difference haha. Mine had almost no flavour - compared it to an evod and the evod with same juice had decent flavour lol

Mine also gave a non-existent flavor, I primed it well, let it sit for 5 hours, did about 20 bluff pulls and then tried it. Flavor was muted, coils performed horribly. I preferred my RBA Coil more than these ceramics. I did not get any dry hits, but didn't get any flavor either.

I certainly didn't hit straight away with 30 Watts, I did see that in the instructions but I chose to start much lower 15Watts and go up in 2Watt intervals. I was really concerned with 'dry hits'.
I've refilled the tank, freshly charged battery, I put my thumb and finger over the air intakes gave it a suck (no power) - no air bubbles from the coil head good to go. It is vaping great, I really like it.
I think this ceramic coil just needs 'vape time' to really get going.
:)
Dave

@Robfisher let me now about the blueberry pavlova and how is it as a adv

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing your experiences @DaveH

Strange how the experiences of this coil are so mixed

No flavour - seems odd, I really don't know what to say.
I think the syringe method does help it, but also with the coil in the tank sucking on the mouth piece with the air holes completely closed does seem to help as well. Sucking on mine now produces no air bubbles.
The flavour is great I can feel it 'dancing on my tongue'
:)
Dave

Back