Innokin Itaste Vv (800 Mah) Versus Vision Spinner (1300 Mah)

Yebo yes Silver! I use the Nautilus Tanks 98% of the day and night and only use the mPT2's for a quick change to other juices for a change and to let stinkies test...

I'm really impressed by how long the coils are lasting... I'm on about tank refill number 5 and the coil is still going strong... so far so good and no taste change as yet... I need to get a notebook and actually record refills and coil changes because I haven't been and just change coils when I feel there is a taste degradation... haven't had it on the Nautilus and just changed the coil once when changing juices...

MS Excel works wonders for tracking things like that, and you can make pretty graphs as well.

Are the Nautilus coils rebuildable?

MS Excel works wonders for tracking things like that, and you can make pretty graphs as well.

Yip I should be recording some stats but I'm too busy following the forums and getting my fishing tackle ready... but I really must for interest sake.

Not sure if they are rebuildable... I'm not a McGyver type person and when I get scredrivers and other tools in my hands things go pear shaped. :confused:

Another Excel tracker/logger @BhavZ? Nice to know ;-)

Yebo yes Silver! I use the Nautilus Tanks 98% of the day and night and only use the mPT2's for a quick change to other juices for a change and to let stinkies test...

I'm really impressed by how long the coils are lasting... I'm on about tank refill number 5 and the coil is still going strong... so far so good and no taste change as yet... I need to get a notebook and actually record refills and coil changes because I haven't been and just change coils when I feel there is a taste degradation... haven't had it on the Nautilus and just changed the coil once when changing juices...

Thanks for the feedback Rob, sounds really good. Glad you enjoying it.

First full charge, got to 320 before it went red, same setting as before (7W). Got to 329 before it started blinking red, gave it a minute and got one more hit before it turned itself off. As Silver stated, you can't read anything once you reach this state. I honestly don't know how this compares to a standard EVOD battery - I never would have guessed near this number (seems Tom's reference to '1000 puffs a day' is actually not too far from the truth :p)

One further cool feature I noticed - when first put on charge the indicator light shows red, then after a short while orange, then green (in reverse order to battery drain). This is pretty useful if you want a quick charge for some reason, say to finish a tank before bed before charging it overnight.

It has also improved the function of my EVOD - after testing it on the Innokin, I set the EVOD VV to the voltage required to achieve 7W on it, and get the same quality vape. Strangely, even though both coils are rated at 1.8ohms, the EVOD measured 1.9, and the mPT2 read 2.1. This is cool - no more guess work!

Super stuff @360twin - glad you enjoying it.

I generally put it on charge when it turns red. Then I can take the puff count before it turns itself off. If it turns itself off and I can't see the puff count, I just leave it for a minute and then try pressing one of the menu buttons and the puff count can be seen again (like when you got that last hit).

On the issue of coil resistance, I have found the same. There is quite a wide range in the measured ohms of the stock coils.

After not quite 2 months of use the performance of this battery has degraded enormously. The way I use it currently may have something to do with it, as I find I take much longer drags than I used to (6 - 7 seconds a drag) and I tend to have 2 - 3 in a row. It seems that some batteries need more recovery time between drags than others, and the iTaste VV does not seem to like this treatment.

From originally getting anywhere between 200 - 300 puff counts, I now barely get 100 before the button goes red. Compared to my eVod VV which is 2 weeks older and does not have a puff-counter; it lasts a bit longer than a full mPT2, whereas the iTaste does not. The eVod VV also does not seem too affected by chain-vaping, and I don't notice when it's starting to go flat - it works fine until it suddenly flashes 'empty'. The drop-off in performance once the iTaste battery shows orange is noticeable, but if it is left to recover for a short period it seems to do better.

To anyone considering the iTaste VV; if you don't vape a lot, want a VV/VW device that will also show atty resistance, and want the convenience of a pass-through device, it will probably suit you fine. However, if you value performance above anything else, definitely look elsewhere. I received my new Vision Spinner today and have retired the iTaste VV :(

As an indication of usage, I go through one 18650 battery in my SVD using my 3ml tanks, and both smaller batteries with my mPT2 on an 'average' day - roughly 6 - 8ml a day.

Thanks for the update @360twin. Was thinking of getting an iTaste VV while I save up for the MVP, now I think I'll just spend less time saving (or spend that on more juice) My eGo C Twists are performing marvelously for now

Good feedback @360twin
Definitely adds huge value when people add comments about a product after they have used it for quite a while.

I agree with your findings.

Thanks for this review - I also want to get something with more oomph and the Vision spinner and protank mini combo seems to be good...Another thing I was wondering about is if having to change the coils in my Twisp on a weekly basis is normal?.....

Thanks for this review - I also want to get something with more oomph and the Vision spinner and protank mini combo seems to be good...Another thing I was wondering about is if having to change the coils in my Twisp on a weekly basis is normal?.....

Hi @AlienLady
Thanks for the feedback. Am glad something i did so long ago is adding value. It seems like years ago when i did this review.

Since that review, Vision has come out with the Spinner 2. I dont have one myself but people that do like it very much. Its a little bit taller than the Spinner 1, has more battery life (1650 mah I think) and the dial at the bottom is firmer so less prone to changing when its in your pocket or bag.

Changing Twisp coils on a weekly basis does sound a bit abnormal if you are using Twisp juice. But depends on how much you vape and what juices you vape. When i used the Twisp (two devices at the same time) i was getting at least 3 to 4 weeks on a coil before changing coils. Problem is i found the flavour dropoff is so gradual i could hardly notice it. I was vaping about 4ml per day. So about 2ml per day per device. I was vaping Twisp juice on my Twisp devices.

Oh @AlienLady , something i forgot to mention in my post above is that the vision spinner 2 has a different finish to the spinner 1.

I always loved the spinner 1's "rubbery" outer cover. Its never cold, easy to grip and was surprisingly juice splotch resistant. It never got sticky.

I have held the new vision spinner 2 and they went for a metallic feel. This is a personal preference thing, but strangely i preferred the rubbery feel of the original.

Hi @AlienLady
Thanks for the feedback. Am glad something i did so long ago is adding value. It seems like years ago when i did this review.

Since that review, Vision has come out with the Spinner 2. I dont have one myself but people that do like it very much. Its a little bit taller than the Spinner 1, has more battery life (1650 mah I think) and the dial at the bottom is firmer so less prone to changing when its in your pocket or bag.

Changing Twisp coils on a weekly basis does sound a bit abnormal if you are using Twisp juice. But depends on how much you vape and what juices you vape. When i used the Twisp (two devices at the same time) i was getting at least 3 to 4 weeks on a coil before changing coils. Problem is i found the flavour dropoff is so gradual i could hardly notice it. I was vaping about 4ml per day. So about 2ml per day per device. I was vaping Twisp juice on my Twisp devices.

Hi Silver, I fill my 2 twisps in the morning, and they last me till I get home at night - thereafter I need to fill one of them to get me through the rest of the evening...(I havent really checked on the ml). I mainly use Twisp juice, but have been adding a few drops of "Vap-Aroma" as it has a higher nicotine content (I smoke mainly a mix of the Twisp menthol and tobacco flavours) I find that the vaping performance just drops after a week - almost like running on a flat tyre lol and once I change the coil, everything is back to normal again.

Hi Silver, I fill my 2 twisps in the morning, and they last me till I get home at night - thereafter I need to fill one of them to get me through the rest of the evening...(I havent really checked on the ml). I mainly use Twisp juice, but have been adding a few drops of "Vap-Aroma" as it has a higher nicotine content (I smoke mainly a mix of the Twisp menthol and tobacco flavours) I find that the vaping performance just drops after a week - almost like running on a flat tyre lol and once I change the coil, everything is back to normal again.

Ok, then you are also vaping around 4 to 4.5 ml per day. Three tankfuls of about 1.5ml each

I was getting more life out of my coils. Perhaps your taste buds are noticing the dropoff sooner than mine did. Or maybe the coils that Twisp are selling now are different to what mine were about 8 months ago. It could be your vap-aroma additive but i dont think so. Perhaps ask the Twisp people next time you are there.

You could also try cleaning the coils after a week. Maybe running them in hot tap water and letting them dry. Or popping them in a closed jar of plain vodka for a few days then rinsing and let them dry. That may help. But i am no expert in cleaning coils. So perhaps some of the other forumites might be able to advise you better on this.

By the way, twisp is on this forum. Their handle is @twispcig
Maybe send them a Private Message

By the way, twisp is on this forum. Their handle is @twispcig
Maybe send them a Private Message
Ok great I will do that. It's not a drop in the taste, but in actual performance as if you're running on a low battery....and once the coil is changed, performance are to up 100% again, so must be the coils.

@AlienLady Just saw this, and I can offer some advice about cleaning your coils. I didn't do this when I started vaping, but now I clean my coils every time I fill my tanks. This is a bit of a schlepp but I have found that they last much longer this way, and the performance remains consistant.

With my Kanger mini ProTanks I hold the base unit upside down with the coil in it, which then forms a cup. I pour boiling water from the kettle slowly into this cup while holding the coil top with a pair of tweezers. This causes the boiling water to run through the coil using the same path that air flows when vaping, and cleans it very effectively. For my ProTank I merely fit its coil to one of the mPT3 bases before doing the same. I dab them with paper towel before refitting, and it takes a couple of drags before the juice replaces any water left in the wicks.

Since e-juice and water are miscible, and heat assists the process, I find that my coils don't noticeably degrade in performance at all. I recently replaced one because I thought it was about time after a month, and noticed no real improvement with the fresh one. The coil itself seemed to have a bit of a coating over it on the old one, but the wicks appeared clean.

I don't know if you can adapt this to suit your Twisp, but I imagine that you could do this by pouring water into the base of the tank with the coil still attached so that it runs out of the top - maybe @Silver can advise?

@AlienLady Just saw this, and I can offer some advice about cleaning your coils. I didn't do this when I started vaping, but now I clean my coils every time I fill my tanks. This is a bit of a schlepp but I have found that they last much longer this way, and the performance remains consistant.

With my Kanger mini ProTanks I hold the base unit upside down with the coil in it, which then forms a cup. I pour boiling water from the kettle slowly into this cup while holding the coil top with a pair of tweezers. This causes the boiling water to run through the coil using the same path that air flows when vaping, and cleans it very effectively. For my ProTank I merely fit its coil to one of the mPT3 bases before doing the same. I dab them with paper towel before refitting, and it takes a couple of drags before the juice replaces any water left in the wicks.

Since e-juice and water are miscible, and heat assists the process, I find that my coils don't noticeably degrade in performance at all. I recently replaced one because I thought it was about time after a month, and noticed no real improvement with the fresh one. The coil itself seemed to have a bit of a coating over it on the old one, but the wicks appeared clean.

I don't know if you can adapt this to suit your Twisp, but I imagine that you could do this by pouring water into the base of the tank with the coil still attached so that it runs out of the top - maybe @Silver can advise?
Thanks, I have resorted to cleaning my coils daily now....rinse them in some neat alcohol...works like a charm.

Back