#ITSOKAYTOTALK - Mental Illness

Thanks @ASCIIcat :wink: I have known he has issues for a while now but we have never been close so I found it very difficult to open up to him and get him to open up to me, him being in Ballito with my parents didn't help either but is no excuse. When he is out of the clinic and back home, I will make a point of sharing my story, nothing more, and if he wants to share his then that would be great...
That's a great idea, I have also started spending more time with my brother. There was such a massive age gap while we were growing up, we never really got along or got to know each other. Only in the more recent months have we really been hanging out.
So even if it is late, there is still always time to make a connection

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

That's a great idea, I have also started spending more time with my brother. There was such a massive age gap while we were growing up, we never really got along or got to know each other. Only in the more recent months have we really been hanging out.
So even if it is late, there is still always time to make a connection

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

You are right, it is never too late, I just want him to know that he is not alone in this journey. I can't help him professionally, but just knowing that he is not alone, I hope will give him comfort and security to continue the journey.

Don't worry about a thing
'Cause every little thing gonna be alright
Singing' don't worry about a thing

Rise up this mornin'
Smiled with the risin' sun
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true
Saying', (this is my message to you)

Singing' don't worry 'bout a thing
Singing' don't worry (don't worry) 'bout a thing

Rise up this mornin'
Smiled with the risin' sun
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true
Sayin', this is my message to you

Singin' don't worry about a thing, worry about a thing, oh
Every little thing gonna be alright, don't worry
Singin' don't worry about a thing, I won't worry
"'Cause every little thing gonna be alright

Singin' don't worry about a thing
'Cause every little thing gonna be alright, I won't worry
Singin', don't worry about a thing
Singin' don't worry about a thing, oh no

Thanks Mr. Marley, You are right, today is going to be a great day!

Regards

I've got an interview lined up on Tuesday, what I've heard from the agency, sounds like it will be exactly what I do best :)

The excitement has got me pretty amped and slightly manic. I find a moderate degree of mania of depression useful, it can give me drive, creativity, perspective and time for introspection. Just got to keep the emotions within reasonable bounds.

Wishing you all the best for Tuesday @craigb. Little beats lifting a person than feeling they have a productive role to play

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I've got an interview lined up on Tuesday, what I've heard from the agency, sounds like it will be exactly what I do best :)

The excitement has got me pretty amped and slightly manic. I find a moderate degree of mania of depression useful, it can give me drive, creativity, perspective and time for introspection. Just got to keep the emotions within reasonable bounds.

Good luck for tomorrow bud :sunglasses:

Wow guys, I've just been sitting here for the last hour or so reading all the posts. Firstly, I'm surprised that guys can be open about these things in today's times.

I live in a household with morebmedicaion than a small town pharmacy. My wife and daughter, both diagnosed with bipolar mood disorder, as well as Borderline Personality Disorder (I always get confused when they start talking about BPD).

I've seen their struggles, my wife with 1 (possibly 2) attempts since I've known her, and 1 before I knew her. My daughter with numerous, we talking 5 or 6 attempts.

I was once that guy who would say "Just think positively, it will get better", or "You just doing this for attention". Ya, I know...not my proudest days. I've grown to understand it a bit better. I also have my own struggles with alcolism and addiction, and understanding that these things are a disease, not mindset or choice. I can't tell my mom "Just think positively, your diabetes will get better", or shout at my aunt to stop looking for her attention with her cancer.

I really have learnt alot, not ever enough, but enough to not be a douche when they have an episode.

My daughter has really had a tough time, diagnosed at 17, she's been to a clinic about 5 times in the last4 years. Its frustrating for me because she's been on so many different concoctions, I wouldn't know what next. As a young teen, she couldn't drink with her friends or stay out late because of the heavy meds she was on. At one point, she was on a combination of medication where 1 medication slowed down her metabolism and the other increased her appetite. Her condition was beening managed but the poor child then had to deal with her self-image because she gained 20kg.

Mental health needs to be talked about openly, so people who need the help don't feel stigmatised by their disease.

That's all I'll blabber about this morning. I must commend the bravery of some of the people who's posts I've read.

Wow guys, I've just been sitting here for the last hour or so reading all the posts. Firstly, I'm surprised that guys can be open about these things in today's times.

I live in a household with morebmedicaion than a small town pharmacy. My wife and daughter, both diagnosed with bipolar mood disorder, as well as Borderline Personality Disorder (I always get confused when they start talking about BPD).

I've seen their struggles, my wife with 1 (possibly 2) attempts since I've known her, and 1 before I knew her. My daughter with numerous, we talking 5 or 6 attempts.

I was once that guy who would say "Just think positively, it will get better", or "You just doing this for attention". Ya, I know...not my proudest days. I've grown to understand it a bit better. I also have my own struggles with alcolism and addiction, and understanding that these things are a disease, not mindset or choice. I can't tell my mom "Just think positively, your diabetes will get better", or shout at my aunt to stop looking for her attention with her cancer.

I really have learnt alot, not ever enough, but enough to not be a douche when they have an episode.

My daughter has really had a tough time, diagnosed at 17, she's been to a clinic about 5 times in the last4 years. Its frustrating for me because she's been on so many different concoctions, I wouldn't know what next. As a young teen, she couldn't drink with her friends or stay out late because of the heavy meds she was on. At one point, she was on a combination of medication where 1 medication slowed down her metabolism and the other increased her appetite. Her condition was beening managed but the poor child then had to deal with her self-image because she gained 20kg.

Mental health needs to be talked about openly, so people who need the help don't feel stigmatised by their disease.

That's all I'll blabber about this morning. I must commend the bravery of some of the people who's posts I've read.

Thanks for sharing, we all have our own unique stories and one aim of this thread as well as the WhatsApp group is to give everyone a chance to share, or at least hear about others stories and feel less alone in their battle.

So heartwarming to read these posts!

I've been ons meds for 10yrs, and will be for the rest of my life.

My father committed suicide in 2012, and this nearly broke me. But I'm still here, thanks to an amazing support structure.

Fight on! You are not alone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So heartwarming to read these posts!

I've been ons meds for 10yrs, and will be for the rest of my life.

My father committed suicide in 2012, and this nearly broke me. But I'm still here, thanks to an amazing support structure.

Fight on! You are not alone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am whom I am.
I am what I am.
Why should I be ashamed of that.
At least through being honest to myself, about myself
I fear nor cast any judgement of others.

Damn, where did that come from?

Personally since I embraced absurdity, I'm way happier, decided to live my life in spite of the absurdity of existence.

Happy to report that I'm doing much better. Being more productive at least. Still battling anxiety, but the new psychiatrist seems seems to know her shit. Just get depro in the evenings because I'm lonely as ****. How can it be so freaking difficult to meet a girl!?

This was an eye opener for me and explains quite a bit what i have been going through

Happy to report that I'm doing much better. Being more productive at least. Still battling anxiety, but the new psychiatrist seems seems to know her shit. Just get depro in the evenings because I'm lonely as ****. How can it be so freaking difficult to meet a girl!?

Going to sound wanky, but it's always more difficult when you actively are trying to meet one, go do some social events where there are groups of people involved and you may meet one. Stay away from dating sites, success stories are one in a million, I have one friend who has had a decent relationship from one, the main issue is that the array is so filled with people that many people can't actively commit to someone they meet on them because there is always the chance of a "better" match popping up, modern dating sucks big sweatty balls.

Going to sound wanky, but it's always more difficult when you actively are trying to meet one, go do some social events where there are groups of people involved and you may meet one. Stay away from dating sites, success stories are one in a million, I have one friend who has had a decent relationship from one, the main issue is that the array is so filled with people that many people can't actively commit to someone they meet on them because there is always the chance of a "better" match popping up, modern dating sucks big sweatty balls.

Part of the problem is that I can't do social gatherings by myself. Just too damn shy.

Part of the problem is that I can't do social gatherings by myself. Just too damn shy.

Not to sound patronizing but maybe work on that, I'm actually a fairly big introvert (I know many people who have met me on this forum won't believe that) but the last few years I've worked really hard on climbing out of my shell. If you are introverted use dating sites to work on your banter/small chat but really they are toxic as hell in my experience especially for introverted people for trying to find a viable relationship - I mean if you see someone for a while, and say deactivate your profile you look needy and over committed, don't delete it and you both wonder why you keeping your options open, it's a massive catch-22. I think at one point you mentioned that it was said you have mild signs of borderline, again this is a very bad mix for these types of sites, a lot of manufactured intimacy can arise.

Work on your confidence, small-talk and you could always just chat to someone you bump in to on your day-to-day. It's the one lesson I wish I had learned earlier in my life, so many missed opportunities. Also as counter-productive and silly as it seems, I think a lot of people don't get the fact that people come with baggage, and that in an enriching relationship, you both slowly reveal the baggage and over come it together (since you both probably have it), so you have to make sure you have a solid base in yourself; you don't have to be perfect but you have to at least feel fairly secure/solid.

Was this recorded before or after the lead singer croaked?

Back