Kanger Squonkbox?!

I'm jeep

I'm keeping things interesting :--P
Life itself is unpredictable itself. If I have learned anything thus far it's to cherish the routine and matchy matchy stuff and not mix things up too much.

Well done chezzig
Now build yourself a 24 g 6 wrap 2.4mm ID set of dual coils in there and enjoy the mod even More

finally i got my Dripbox, what a wait gents. I was fighting the CUD bug for almost an entire month, was a really tough fight. I also got myself a Velocity V2 - just because I love the Velocity original so much :) - can't wait to clean this all up and get vaping. Also wish me luck gents that I don't blow up my house with massive clouds of lung destruction... \o\ |o| /o/. Here is the proof to show it did happen...

image1.JPG

finally i got my Dripbox, what a wait gents. I was fighting the CUD bug for almost an entire month, was a really tough fight. I also got myself a Velocity V2 - just because I love the Velocity original so much :) - can't wait to clean this all up and get vaping. Also wish me luck gents that I don't blow up my house with massive clouds of lung destruction... \o\ |o| /o/. Here is the proof to show it did happen...

View attachment 53139
You're going to love the Dripbox, a really great experience!

man i really can't wait. Quick question: What is a safe build on this ohm wise?
I can't say for sure. With all the debate regarding whether or not it is a true constant 60W output or if it drops depending on the voltage of the battery etc I have stuck to 0.2ohms. I lack the confidence in my math to stuff with that ;)

I can't say for sure. With all the debate regarding whether or not it is a true constant 60W output or if it drops depending on the voltage of the battery etc I have stuck to 0.2ohms. I lack the confidence in my math to stuff with that ;)

Lol bro, my goto build is a fused Clapton and that ohms out @ 0.40,

View attachment 53139
That velocity is awesome on the dripbox

man i really can't wait. Quick question: What is a safe build on this ohm wise?

Build like you normally would for a single 18650 mech. The mod apparently limits 60watts (not maintain), however, I would not go below 0.2ohm just to be safe (at 0.2ohm your current draw would be 21A and should the 60watt limit be a farse then it may put strain on your battery). I currently have a dual Kanthal 5 wrap 26awg, over a 3mm ID and getting roughly 0.36ohms (with some cotton macon of course) and its running like a champ. I want to try N80 next (using the same gauge) to maintain the resistance but more wraps (for more flavour). I wouldnt exceed the 0.45ohm mark because as the battery gets low on juice, the ramp up would be a pain. I'd suggest staying between 0.2 and 0.4ohm builds for the best experience... claptons and twisted (and para and all those other funny builds) require a crap load of watts for the ramp up, so I suggest against it.

For first time use, use the stock coils in the stock RDA... they actually perform quite well and I gives a very similar experience to the Velocity (IMO it drains alot better than the Velocity, so for convenience and ease, I prefer the stock RDA).

Have fun!

Build like you normally would for a single 18650 mech. The mod apparently limits 60watts (not maintain), however, I would not go below 0.2ohm just to be safe (at 0.2ohm your current draw would be 21A and should the 60watt limit be a farse then it may put strain on your battery). I currently have a dual Kanthal 5 wrap 26awg, over a 3mm ID and getting roughly 0.36ohms (with some cotton macon of course) and its running like a champ. I want to try N80 next (using the same gauge) to maintain the resistance but more wraps (for more flavour). I wouldnt exceed the 0.45ohm mark because as the battery gets low on juice, the ramp up would be a pain. I'd suggest staying between 0.2 and 0.4ohm builds for the best experience... claptons and twisted (and para and all those other funny builds) require a crap load of watts for the ramp up, so I suggest against it.

For first time use, use the stock coils in the stock RDA... they actually perform quite well and I gives a very similar experience to the Velocity (IMO it drains alot better than the Velocity, so for convenience and ease, I prefer the stock RDA).

Have fun!
Thanks so much for the explanation bro, really appreciate the "mech mods vaping for dummies" explanation. This will be my first mech mod to be honest - hence the ultra dummy questions. I'll be sure to keep my build above 0.3Ohms actually, but just below 0.4ohms. Interesting review on the stock RBA - i'll definately give it a try. I just got home so late last night that I wasn't able to play - tonight is the night "ahhh yeah"

Thanks so much for the explanation bro, really appreciate the "mech mods vaping for dummies" explanation. This will be my first mech mod to be honest - hence the ultra dummy questions. I'll be sure to keep my build above 0.3Ohms actually, but just below 0.4ohms. Interesting review on the stock RBA - i'll definately give it a try. I just got home so late last night that I wasn't able to play - tonight is the night "ahhh yeah"

The other nice thing about this device is; you dont have to "play around" to get a spectacular experience, but if you want to, you can... who would have thought, replacable coils for an RDA, that actually works well, I struggle to keep my feet warm because this device keeps knocking my socks off.

Good luck putting it down after your first go.

Off to UK in a few weeks, this device on the list of must haves, along with a rather extensive list of chocolate for the missus. Anyone heard of any rumours for a regulated version? I am a complete noob when it comes to mechs.

Off to UK in a few weeks, this device on the list of must haves, along with a rather extensive list of chocolate for the missus. Anyone heard of any rumours for a regulated version? I am a complete noob when it comes to mechs.

This one has some "regulated" features so theres nothing to get worried about. I suppose the most important are; short protection and minimum voltage (I noticed that it stops firing when the batteries reach 3.25V - or thats what the D2 says when I plug the batteries in). You can also switch it off and on with 5 clicks of the firing button, and the battery cover has a nifty mechanism where you can prevent contact on both battery terminals should you be nervous of pocket firing.

I know I sound like I'm marketing this product and I promise I have no affiliates :rolleyes: I just really like it for its nifty-ness.

Back