Kangertech Mpt3 : Muted Flavour Suggestions/help

jagerbomb13

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Good day all,

Any users of the Mpt3 experienced a problem with ??it in terms of muted flavor?
other then that i must say it is a very good tank produces a great amount of vapor and have kept me stinkie free for two weeks, but somehow i find the flavor?? kind of muted maybe it is just me. Bear in mind this is the first tank that i have ever used on my vaping journey as a starter clearo.

If vapour production is dropping off then you may have the coil approaching the end of its life.

Possibly build up of gunk from the vaporised juice. Maybe try a new coil ?

All depends how long you've been vaping; muted taste buds maybe if its not the coil?

hi guys thanks for your response i have replaced the coils three times but still wind up with the muted flavor. It could be my taste buds. Might also be the juices im using that have a touch of menthol flavor in them?

If many of your juices have menthol in, it could be "Menthol Tongue," similar to "Vapers Tongue," but it is the menthol that is shutting down your sense of taste. If you have any available, try a juice without menthol and drink plenty of water.

If many of your juices have menthol in, it could be "Menthol Tongue," similar to "Vapers Tongue," but it is the menthol that is shutting down your sense of taste. If you have any available, try a juice without menthol and drink plenty of water.

yeah i think you're right the menthol maybe causing the mute, i have also tried a Cherry Apple flavour and it also is not that full of flavour:think:??

Hang on there @jagerbomb13 - the muted taste buds come back in a couple of days - just vape the e-liquid that you don't like until then.

what voltage do you recommend i vape at to make a difference in bringing out the flavor at its best?
the setup is mpt3 1.5ohm coil on a 1300mah twist 3.3-4.8v

The best way to test for vapers tongue (muted taste buds), is to throw the same juice in 2 different types of tanks, eg. mpt2 or evod2 etc..

Then see if you end up with the same results.

If the flavour is still muted between the tanks then either try changing you flavour for a day then go back to your original flavour. If only the mpt3 tank is muted then it is time to change coils.

Also it is advised that you vape more than one flavour a day to prevent your tongue from "getting too used to the flavour" and result in muting it.

hope that helps

what voltage do you recommend i vape at to make a difference in bringing out the flavor at its best?
the setup is mpt3 1.5ohm coil on a 1300mah twist 3.3-4.8v
THe voltage you vape at is very subjective, it depends on your personal tastes and the juice you are using.

For example certain juices I will vape at 10watts, some I will vape at 12watts, others I will vape at 23+ watts..

It is really a personal preference thing. The important point is to experiment with the juices you like to find the sweet spot for you

I recall when I was using Protanks, that they couldn't really be pushed over anything higher than 8 watts. I never used them anymore when the dual coil bcds started to hit the market, but logic will tell me that a dual coil would needed to be fed more power to achieve the desired result. However it shouldn't affect your taste buds at all.

So I'm just echoing what's already been written here. I know of some fantastic juices I almost adjust to after the first vape. And it's so sad. The great undertones that makes one fall in love with it disappears almost instantly. Other juices take slightly longer and some just always seem to pop. This is how I rate a liquid. I'll use Five Pawns as an example. Never adjust to it. Always same great taste. For and to me, this is quality, but it comes with a price. What's the point of vaping something I can't taste all day long?

Of course you could always just do a rotation of your favorites in a day, and this will require extra kit, but it keeps every vape fresh.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

I recall when I was using Protanks, that they couldn't really be pushed over anything higher than 8 watts. I never used them anymore when the dual coil bcds started to hit the market, but logic will tell me that a dual coil would needed to be fed more power to achieve the desired result. However it shouldn't affect your taste buds at all.

So I'm just echoing what's already been written here. I know of some fantastic juices I almost adjust to after the first vape. And it's so sad. The great undertones that makes one fall in love with it disappears almost instantly. Other juices take slightly longer and some just always seem to pop. This is how I rate a liquid. I'll use Five Pawns as an example. Never adjust to it. Always same great taste. For and to me, this is quality, but it comes with a price. What's the point of vaping something I can't taste all day long?

Of course you could always just do a rotation of your favorites in a day, and this will require extra kit, but it keeps every vape fresh.

Thanks @RevnLucky7, and I thought I was the only one suffering from this.
All the juices from a certain supplier(not gonna mention names) I can taste for a few vapes then it's completely gone! Give it a break for a week or 2 then the same thing again. It's irritating the crap out of me.

I suppose it was the same with cigarettes but the flavours when vaping are half the fun

I'm not in the business of knocking anyone here so please don't take offense. But just remember what a juice is. It's fairly simple. Vg, pg, nic and food flavoring.

Most companies producing liquid nic are governed by standards, policies, regulations and law. Same goes for pg and vg. Therfore most of these ingredients are very much alike. What sets e juice apart is the flavor extracts. Some people extract from raw ingredients while others are synthetic.

Natural extracts from raw materials and how it is done will produce a class vape. It's also usually these liquids that you will pay for.

Been there, done that and got the t-shirt... lots of good advice already been given... I went through the same thing right in the beginning and the only thing that got me back on track was drinking water... I now have a bottle of water with me whenever I vape... vaping and drinking water goes hand in hand!

The issue with taste is that it is so subjective. The longer i vape and discuss with other vapers, the more i appreciate this.

I agree with @RevnLucky7 on the natural vs synthetic flavours, but i have found some relatively cheaper juices that hit the spot for me. I too have a few very expensive ones that i like.

To me its all about trying lots of juices. In different setups. And not too many at one time. It is so difficult to come up with taste guidelines. Some flavours you just hate and others you really love. Some flavours get muted after a while and this could be a good thing for some juices, but not a good thing for others.

Drink plenty water, vape different flavours, use different setups if you can and make sure your coil is changed. These seem to be the main general guidelines.

Back