Kangertech Subox Mini Query

Rebel

Dedicated Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi

Is it normal for the subtank mini mouth piece to get extremely hot whilst Vaping at 26 watts on the 0.5ohm rba coil.

Kindly advise

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

mine does not get hot as such but i do get some spit-back off the coil that can be pretty hot i found dropping the wattage down a bit helps im a bit new to this and think my issue my be resolved on a change in the way the coil gets wicked not sure myself will be posting some pics in a while on my very 1st coil build

mine does not get hot as such but i do get some spit-back off the coil that can be pretty hot i found dropping the wattage down a bit helps im a bit new to this and think my issue my be resolved on a change in the way the coil gets wicked not sure myself will be posting some pics in a while on my very 1st coil build

Good luck for your first coil build @Eequinox
Hope it goes well and that you enjoy the vape on it

Looks good!
But why is the coil so dark on the one end?
Was that after vaping or dry firing?

was a bit fiddley but survived lost the juiced pic but not bad any tips ?

Attachments

• pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 50
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 50
  • pic 3.jpg
    pic 3.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 50
  • pic 4.jpg
    pic 4.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 51
  • pic 6.jpg
    pic 6.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 52
  • pic 7.jpg
    pic 7.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 54
get plenty f
fantastic

and no more spitting either how long would a coil like that last on an educated average time guess
flavor just need to get used to the warmer vape i could only get it to 0.4 ohm kanthal a bit thin on 2.5 gap and think 7 turns on 24 gauge

fantastic

and no more spitting either how long would a coil like that last on an educated average time guess
Lovely coiling there :)

Nothing beats thay satisfaction of your first rebuilt coil.

The coil could last you months if you leave it in there. All you would need is a dry burn and rewick every 20ml or so depending on the liquid you're using.

Hi

Is it normal for the subtank mini mouth piece to get extremely hot whilst Vaping at 26 watts on the 0.5ohm rba coil.

Kindly advise

Hi there :)

Firstly what material is the drip tip you're currently using? Is it plastic or metal?

Secondly, what size is the inner diameter of the coil you're currently using in there?

fantastic

Dont know the subtank myself, but on my other tanks my coils can last a very long time. Easily a month. And wicking depends on the power and the juice. For a light coloured juice at lowish power around 15watts the wick lasts me about 15-20ml of juice before i need to rewick. Less life with darker juice or tobaccoes.

Hi there :)

Firstly what material is the drip tip you're currently using? Is it plastic or metal?

Secondly, what size is the inner diameter of the coil you're currently using in there?
plastic drip tip(stock that was in the kit and inner is 2.5mm

Dont know the subtank myself, but on my other tanks my coils can last a very long time. Easily a month. And wicking depends on the power and the juice. For a light coloured juice at lowish power around 15watts the wick lasts me about 15-20ml of juice before i need to rewick. Less life with darker juice or tobaccoes.
very helpful thanks

Hi

Kindly advise

Hi @Rebel

This should not be happening.Check your airhole setting on the bottom of the tank,I suspect you are on the smallest setting,try adjusting the ring to open the air intake to a bigger setting.

Lovely coiling there :)

Nothing beats thay satisfaction of your first rebuilt coil.

The coil could last you months if you leave it in there. All you would need is a dry burn and rewick every 20ml or so depending on the liquid you're using.
I wouldn't dry burn every time. You put a lot of stress on the coil, the coil heats up and expands thus creating small dragon scales on the surface. Take some kanthal feel its texture then burn it and feel again. It should feel "rough". Those little flakes are so small they might hitch a ride on e-liquid drops and get into your system. Wick and wire are so cheap just replace the coil as well, the practice you get from constantly re-coiling is a bonus.

:2c:

Hi @Rebel

This should not be happening.Check your airhole setting on the bottom of the tank,I suspect you are on the smallest setting,try adjusting the ring to open the air intake to a bigger setting.
Will try tonight and provide feedback

Hi @Rebel

It seems that i was not drawing correctly, my mouth being glued to the drip tip hence the i was finding it very hot.

I draw differently and the heat is no longer there,the clouds are insane.
My entire living room was full of clouds.
The subox mini is really bang for the buck!

Back