KUI a closer look

Agree on the zinc alloy. It is wierd and makes the mod sound clunky when tapping the door.
A Reo 6ml tube will fix the tubing issue (in fact, it has to be trimmed as it is too long in the Kui).

Good feedback @huffnpuff and @Gizmo
Thanks

Even if the overall vape experience is only 70% as good, at one fifth of the price of a Reo, it seems to be offering great value.

I have used the KUI now for 3 days straight and here are my thoughts:

Overall I am absolutely happy with this mod simply because it puts me in the bottom fed arena.
It's performance has been flawless.
Of course the biggest drawback is the atty not sitting flush but who is really going to stick to the original atty? The Odin sits on it with a tiny gap which I am happy with as having it flush risks scratching the paintwork and makes it harder to unscrew. I'll just stick a thin o-ring in to fill the gap. As for the bottle I prefer it over the Reo bottle because firstly the Reo bottle is too small and there is a big gap between the Reo bottle and the battery and the Reo bottle is a lot harder to press. I put some vaseline on the threads and as long as you don't put in more than 8ml of juice I do not struggle to screw it on and there is not mess just don't press the bottle to hard when screwing it in and do not let noobs sqwonk as they will flood the atty. A gentle press is all that is required.

I am super impressed with this clone and make no mistake this is no Reo but it does not pretend to be one and allows my tight budget some breathing space. I can now delay my Reo purchase and focus on other more pressing purchases that will have benefits for others in my household.

What I can say though is bottom fed is definitely for me. I still use my Aqua a lot as certain juices taste better in the Aqua but there is nothing better than going on the road with a bf loaded with 8ml of juice and I have a whole days worth of v aping nirvana with just one battery. Super stoked thanks Kimbo you sir rock.

Overall I am absolutely happy with this mod simply because it puts me in the bottom fed arena.
Of course the biggest drawback is the atty not sitting flush but who is really going to stick to the original atty? The Odin sits on it with a tiny gap which I am happy with as having it flush risks scratching the paintwork and makes it harder to unscrew. I'll just stick a thin o-ring in to fill the gap. As for the bottle I prefer it over the Reo bottle because firstly the Reo bottle is too small and there is a big gap between the Reo bottle and the battery and the Reo bottle is a lot harder to press. I put some vaseline on the threads and as long as you don't put in more than 8ml of juice I do not struggle to screw it on and there is not mess just don't press the bottle to hard when screwing it in and do not let noobs sqwonk as they will flood the atty. A gentle press is all that is required.

I am super impressed with this clone and make no mistake this is no Reo but it does not pretend to be one and allows my tight budget some breathing space. I can now delay my Reo purchase and focus on other more pressing purchases that will have benefits for others in my household.

What I can say though is bottom fed is definitely for me. I still use my Aqua a lot as certain juices taste better in the Aqua but there is nothing better than going on the road with a bf loaded with 8ml of juice and I have a whole days worth of v aping nirvana with just one battery. Super stoked thanks Kimbo you sir rock.
Thank you for your feedback and i am very happy you are happy :)
It was a pleasure mate :)

Thank you for your feedback and i am very happy you are happy :)
It was a pleasure mate :)
Your button trick works for me. Turn the collar 1mm under the button and it's perfect.

I would like to coin a phrase here "It's all about the vape, about the vape no clearos"

This is definitely for those wanting to check out the bottom fed dripping world without the huge premium. The minute you stick an Atomic or Odin on the KUI there is no real difference in the actual vape experience. Progression to a Reo will be inevitable if you enjoy the KUI.

This gives me hope, thank you. I've never owned a bottom feeder so I hope I experience it like you have. Cant wait for monday now :)

I would like to coin a phrase here "It's all about the vape, about the vape no clearos"

I wont lie, I sang it :-D

well , I can attest to this mods ruggedness ....

quick pickup from @Philip Dunkley earlier today , great help with sorting out the nigglies thx bru ....

off to a braai with the fam , long story short ended up placing my KUI on the back bullbar of my bro in laws bakkie , off to buy some more beers ... oh fu... too late KUI flies off the back slids on the pavement with a thud against the neighbours garage door ..needless to say a few hectic words later picked up the mod , drip tip is slightly bent (ok well it's fubar) rest of the mod is fine , swap out drip tip take a toot , all 100% no issues all good.

flavour wise from a noob's point of view this is one amazing piece of engineering , and for the price to introduce any new vaper to BF vaping this is the best (for now). I think personally that Reo is welcoming new competition as in the end , most will just end up buying a Reo .... but I am VERY satisfied with my purchase , BIG UPS to @kimbo for organizing this .... without your effort I would not have experienced the greatness that is BF vaping ....

I wont lie, I sang it

OK....OK....I'll be the songwriter and you can be the lead vocalist....now we just need just a few female backup vocalists and we can start a vape band.......with lots of smoke on the stage.....heeeehaaaahhhh.....oh and a name.....KVille????:giggle::giggle::giggle:

OK....OK....I'll be the songwriter and you can be the lead vocalist....now we just need just a few female backup vocalists and we can start a vape band.......with lots of smoke on the stage.....heeeehaaaahhhh.....oh and a name.....KVille????:giggle::giggle::giggle:

I'm not sure if people are ready for that much 'AWESOME' just yet :-D

I'm not sure if people are ready for that much 'AWESOME' just yet :-D

Alright stop....
Take a vape and listen.....
Double D's back with a brand new invention....
Something's got a hold of me tightly....
Looking like a Reo ever so slightly....
Will it ever stop? No, I don't know
Turn down the price and I'll go
To the extreme I subohm like a vandal,
Fog up the stage hope you brought your own candle.....

Dance, like a clone that booms
I'm killing your brain like a vapournist mushroom
Deadly, when a short's a calamity
Anything less than the best is a felony
Love it or leave it, you better gain way
You better watch the clones the kid don't play

If there was a problem, yo, I'll solve it
Check out the clone while JT evolves it

KUI Vape Vape Baby Vanilla, Vape Vape Baby Vanilla
Vape Vape Baby Vanilla, Vape Vape Baby Vanilla......

:--P:--P:--P:--P:--P:--P

Alright stop....
Take a vape and listen.....
Double D's back with a brand new invention....
Something's got a hold of me tightly....
Looking like a Reo ever so slightly....
Will it ever stop? No, I don't know
Turn down the price and I'll go
To the extreme I subohm like a vandal,
Fog up the stage hope you brought your own candle.....

Dance, like a clone that booms
I'm killing your brain like a vapournist mushroom
Deadly, when a short's a calamity
Anything less than the best is a felony
Love it or leave it, you better gain way
You better watch the clones the kid don't play

If there was a problem, yo, I'll solve it
Check out the clone while JT evolves it

KUI Vape Vape Baby Vanilla, Vape Vape Baby Vanilla
Vape Vape Baby Vanilla, Vape Vape Baby Vanilla......

:--P:--P:--P:--P:--P:--P

hahahaha JAA!!! :rofl::clap::rofl::clap::rofl::rock:

Bwahahahahaha EXCELLENT!!!

Send while vaping on the Reo mini Thor

Last edited:
about a week in and still enjoying this mod , went back to the RM2 with a brief spell of the Atomic (dual coils still trying to figure that one out) & sorry to say but the standard atty is absolute crap it's a ***** to build on and floods just by looking at it (maybe I'm being an idjit but anyway..)

Managed to fix the highly annoying battery rattle as well with some velcro (the non grrrtsh grrrtsh side) , just stuck it to the back of the mod (where the battery resides) and problem solved ... all in all a solid device for the price

about a week in and still enjoying this mod , went back to the RM2 with a brief spell of the Atomic (dual coils still trying to figure that one out) & sorry to say but the standard atty is absolute crap it's a ***** to build on and floods just by looking at it (maybe I'm being an idjit but anyway..)

Managed to fix the highly annoying battery rattle as well with some velcro (the non grrrtsh grrrtsh side) , just stuck it to the back of the mod (where the battery resides) and problem solved ... all in all a solid device for the price

Glad you got it sorted. PS: I feel like spelling policeman today :D: you misspelled "Idjit" correct way of spelling is; eejit (double check Oxford: http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/eejit).

Loving the bottom fed KUI,

My issues I have been having:

1- The bridge between the button and 510 pin that conducts, often gets loose and then mod will not fire, have to unscrew delrin and preposition the bridge

2 - Battery rattle. The spring just doesnt stay firm and rattling is annoying

3 - Atty not sitting flush out the box. with the atomic i put on it its a even bigger gap.. Mod kit needed asap to have adjustable 510

4 - screw on the base of the box. doesnt sit flush so the KUI rocks on the table, needs some drilling

5 - Locking screw. what a load of rubbish. about 30mins for screwing before I can put the KUI in my pocket. ( new buttom needed )

6 - button can get stuck and continuous fire, not good.

other then that. Great vape, atty is very hard to build in due to those edges raised ( I will dremel them off ) The flavour in the stock atty is amazing.

Been having a good few days playing with the KUI and its a great way into the bottom fed side of things.

once they release a "fixed" version of these issues Im sure it will sell like hot cakes, and I will promote this product to friends looking and liking the KUI I have at the moment.

That atty is truly a piece of crap, the airholes are to low and its to small how anyone is expected to get a half decent build in there is beyond me. @Yusuf Cape Vaper keeps the coils above the lip that suppose to be the airflow control and only pops the cap on past the first o-ring and that seems to work well as a work around. If you want my opinion toss the atty and pick up a decent bf modded one like an odin.

Other than that I've played with the KUI and it is a decent device for the money. Sure its got a niggle or 2 but for the price not bad.

Hi all.

The fix / upgrade kit gets shipped to me tomorrow. When i get them i will post here. I also bought a second batch, fix version to review.
Keep and eye open for that coming

That atty is truly a piece of crap, the airholes are to low and its to small how anyone is expected to get a half decent build in there is beyond me. @Yusuf Cape Vaper keeps the coils above the lip that suppose to be the airflow control and only pops the cap on past the first o-ring and that seems to work well as a work around. If you want my opinion toss the atty and pick up a decent bf modded one like an odin.

Other than that I've played with the KUI and it is a decent device for the money. Sure its got a niggle or 2 but for the price not bad.
Works pretty well with the coils above the lip. She chucks some pretty decent clouds. My bro @Mo P is quite happy with it so all's good

Back