KZOR's Reviews : Wotofo Coil Kit & Coil jig

@KZOR I will never make fancy coils but I really appreciate your video's because I'm actually learning how each of the different coils are made! :b1:

Daedalus Pro : Framed Staple Coil

Proud to say that i think i am the first guy or at least one of the few to do a tutorial on framed staple coils using the daedalus pro. Proudly South African. :)
great video. that little 24g in the end genius.
how do you straighten the flat wire? tried straighting of the spool but never comes out straight.
thanks

Daedalus Pro : Framed Staple Coil

Proud to say that i think i am the first guy or at least one of the few to do a tutorial on framed staple coils using the daedalus pro. Proudly South African. :)
Thank you Kzor! My v2 upgrade but still hasn't arrived but I followed your tutorial now and managed to make 2 beautiful Framed Staple coils.

I used 6 (3 doubled over) strands of 0.5mm Flat Ribbon Kanthal, Framed that with 26ga Ni80and Clapton with 34ga Ni80.
I did the Clapton over the frames the old fashioned way using just the Daedalus drill and spool in my hand.

Would this coil get the Kzor stamp of approval?
db8c53e2436943683859e55c44b6567b.jpg
27ad08c301b468bddc1d727cb42b573e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Thank you Kzor! My v2 upgrade but still hasn't arrived but I followed your tutorial now and managed to make 2 beautiful Framed Staple coils.

I used 6 (3 doubled over) strands of 0.5mm Flat Ribbon Kanthal, Framed that with 26ga Ni80and Clapton with 34ga Ni80.
I did the Clapton over the frames the old fashioned way using just the Daedalus drill and spool in my hand.

db8c53e2436943683859e55c44b6567b.jpg
27ad08c301b468bddc1d727cb42b573e.jpg

:campeon:

Hats off to you. :)
Grats m8. Looking forward to seeing more. :naughty2:
If you used 0.4 ribbons instead of 0.5 it would have a flatter look but still a very nice coil.
Tip ...... using smaller ga wires tend to increase flavour production so try the one i made and let me know what type of vape you get.

Thank you Sir. I only had the 0.5mm ribbon available at home so sadly that had to suffice. Your video had my creative juice pumped so I thought I'd give it a go anyway.
I'll pick up some 0.3mm ribbon this week and frame that with 28ga.
Hopefully the upgrade V2 kit is here too because I'll need the daedalus to Clapton the 38ga. My eyes fail me with wire thinner than 36ga

Last edited:
@KZOR - great video tutorials! You are a pro at this amd a pro at explaining things.

Please can you explain to me what the difference is between a fused clapton, staggered fused clapton and a framed staple? I cant see so well what the difference is

Also, what are the merits of these coil types and how do they change the vape for you?

Thank you Sir. I only had the 0.5mm ribbon available at home so sadly that had to suffice. Your video had my creative juice pumped so I thought I'd hug it a go anyway.
I'll pick up some 0.3mm ribbon this week and frame that with 28ga.
Hopefully the upgrade V2 kit is here soo because I'll need the daedalus to Clapton the 38ga. My eyes fail me with wire thinner than 36ga

Where did u get the upgrade kit from @Greyz

what the difference is between a fused clapton, staggered fused clapton and a framed staple?
"Clapton" refers to a core wire/s being wrapped by a thinner one.
If you wrap (clapton) one wire it is called a simple clapton.
simple clapton.jpg
"Fused" refers to two or more wires being held together by wrapping wires. Here is a few examples of two wires "claptoned" with different ga wires.
duel fused.jpg
"Staggered" refers to the way in which core wires are fused together. You have two claptoned wires with spaces between and then use the same ga wire that runs in those spaces to keep them together.
spaced.jpg
Staggered_Fused_Clapton_3_600x_crop_center.jpg
"Framed" refers to the usage of outside (bordering) core wires in a more complex build. :)
Framed staple.jpg

Last edited:
what are the merits of these coil types and how do they change the vape for you?
The type and diameter of wires used not only influences flavour production but also durability, heat dispersion, ramp up time as well as ease of use as a building medium.
Alot has been said and posted about the differences between wire types.
I just love the frame staple because it gives me fantastic surface area for maximum flavour as well as a great combination of all the other qualities. :)

The type and diameter of wires used not only influences flavour production but also durability, heat dispersion, ramp up time as well as ease of use as a building medium.
Alot has been said and posted about the differences between wire types.
I just love the frame staple because it gives me fantastic surface area for maximum flavour as well as a great combination of all the other qualities. :)
Kzor sorry to derail quickly but ur framed don’t they get too hot in ur mech single coil atties? On regulated wat watts do u push them at and wats their resistance

"Clapton" refers to a core wire/s being wrapped by a thinner one.
If you wrap (clapton) one wire it is called a simple clapton.
View attachment 116582
"Fused" refers to two or more wires being held together by wrapping wires. Here is a few examples of two wires "claptoned" with different ga wires.
View attachment 116583
"Staggered" refers to the way in which core wires are fused together. You have two claptoned wires with spaces between and then use the same ga wire that runs in those spaces to keep them together.
View attachment 116587
View attachment 116586
"Framed" refers to the usage of outside (bordering) core wires in a more complex build. :)
View attachment 116585

Thanks @KZOR
Very well explained.
I appreciate it

@KZOR i hope you don't mind me posting here.
I had 5 minutes to play.
Daedalus pro makes this so very easy.
@Silver, initial build :D
@RayDeny have you tried more tension on your Clapton wire spool?

4x28 AWG inner claptoned with 40 AWG.
All ni 80.
3mm ID comes out at 0.34 ohms.

20171218_181046.jpg 20171218_180158.jpg 20171218_175957.jpg 20171218_175032.jpg

That's awesome @Christos !
What's the vape like?
And compared to a normal round wire coil?

Back