Late night Owls

So wife reminded me yesterday that its our anniversary next week. And when I checked I realised its our 5th anniversary. A pizza and beer date most likely won't do it. So there goes my vaping budget for the month.

In any case the Ammit 25 on the sale I was after got sold out this afternoon already. @Moerse Rooikat, do you have anything to do with that?

So wife reminded me yesterday that its our anniversary next week. And when I checked I realised its our 5th anniversary. A pizza and beer date most likely won't do it. So there goes my vaping budget for the month.

In any case the Ammit 25 on the sale I was after got sold out this afternoon already. @Moerse Rooikat, do you have anything to do with that?
nope i am a obs engine man now. no more leaking tanks for me

I shouldn't shop this time of the night.... I make mistakes and buy stuff I already have :(:worried:

@Braki This is usually my shopping time, because the little four-legged rascals are fast asleep so all is calm and quiet! But yes, I have sometimes bought juice which I already have. Just means that I have to vape more lol

A lot will depend on the number of sleep hours you had the night before you awoke.
The sleep hours need to be continuous if you wake up more than once during your sleep or get out of bed to have a cup of tea or something then your sleep is interrupted.
These will have a bearing on how you feel during the day.

I know you said you are a night owl ............. so if you go to sleep between 2:00 and 3:00am what time do you get up?
Do you get up with an alarm clock or do you get up when you awake naturally?

:)
Dave

A lot will depend on the number of sleep hours you had the night before you awoke.
The sleep hours need to be continuous if you wake up more than once during your sleep or get out of bed to have a cup of tea or something then your sleep is interrupted.
These will have a bearing on how you feel during the day.

I know you said you are a night owl ............. so if you go to sleep between 2:00 and 3:00am what time do you get up?
Do you get up with an alarm clock or do you get up when you awake naturally?

Dave

I usually get up at about 6-ish, when one of the dogs wants to go out. So I have only 3 - 4 hours sleep a night, but when my head hits the pillow I'm gone!! If I'm sleepy during the day, I have a catnap of no more than 15 mins - I set the alarm. But sometimes, like yesterday, I had only about 3 hours sleep, didn't catnap and I'm still awake now. But ... I'd better go to sleep. THAT's the problem - I just don't want to !

If I go back to sleep after the dogs have woken me in the morning and I don't set the alarm, I can easily sleep until about 11a.m. and then start my day. Suits me - but unfortunately it doesn't suit everyone else lol

I usually get up at about 6-ish, when one of the dogs wants to go out. So I have only 3 - 4 hours sleep a night, but when my head hits the pillow I'm gone!! If I'm sleepy during the day, I have a catnap of no more than 15 mins - I set the alarm. But sometimes, like yesterday, I had only about 3 hours sleep, didn't catnap and I'm still awake now. But ... I'd better go to sleep. THAT's the problem - I just don't want to !

If I go back to sleep after the dogs have woken me in the morning and I don't set the alarm, I can easily sleep until about 11a.m. and then start my day. Suits me - but unfortunately it doesn't suit everyone else lol

Gee whiz @Hooked 3 - 4 hours sleep that is not very much.

I know exactly how you feel.

I'm one of these, which is why I'm here now typing. :)
Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome (DSPS)
or
Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder (DSPD)
A condition characterized by an inability to fall asleep until very late at night (early morning), with the resulting need to sleep late in the morning or into the afternoon; but an ability to sleep reasonably well.
So I go to sleep between 2:00 and 4:00am and awake between 11:00am and 01:00 pm.

It is not so bad now it doesn't cause me much trouble but when I was working and with the normal working hours constraints boy was it a problem.
Dave

Gee whiz @Hooked 3 - 4 hours sleep that is not very much.

I know exactly how you feel.

I'm one of these, which is why I'm here now typing. :)
Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome (DSPS)
or
Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder (DSPD)
A condition characterized by an inability to fall asleep until very late at night (early morning), with the resulting need to sleep late in the morning or into the afternoon; but an ability to sleep reasonably well.
So I go to sleep between 2:00 and 4:00am and awake between 11:00am and 01:00 pm.

It is not so bad now it doesn't cause me much trouble but when I was working and with the normal working hours constraints boy was it a problem.
Dave

lol Same here! I used to live on Red Bull!!

I was going to ask you why you're still awake, but you answered the question! Our natural body clocks seem to be about the same. I often wonder what most people's natural body-clocks would be like if they didn't have to set an alarm.

Gosh, I didn't know there's really something called DSPD!! I thought you'd made it up, but I then googled it just in case you didn't. However, in my case it's not an inability to fall asleep. That implies that one is in bed but not sleeping. With me, I just simply don't want to go to bed in the first place - and sometimes I don't, at all! But then, I'll have 3 or 4 catnaps of 15 mins. each during the day.

I just can't believe how much I've changed though. Throughout my life I've got up at 5 a.m. - even on weekends. Sometimes on a weekend I'd sleep late - until 5.30 a.m. lol. And then I'd go to sleep at around 10pm. Maybe I should force myself to get up at 5a.m. again, force myself not to catnap and that will probably break the cycle.

Catnaps are hugely beneficial though, so long as they're short. I was reading about it somewhere which is why I don't catnap for longer than 15 mins. Churchill, I believe, was like us - not sleeping much at night, but having a few short catnaps. There was also a woman who did a solo yacht expedition. Being solo she had to keep an eye on things constantly and she survived on short, regular catnaps.

Anyway, the Sandman is calling now, so good-night, sleep tight and don't let the bugs bite! :sleep:

@Hooked

"However, in my case it's not an inability to fall asleep. That implies that one is in bed but not sleeping".

In my case inability to fall asleep would mean going to bed say between 10pm to 1am which would be a waste of time because I would not be able fall asleep until 3 or 4am.

Dave

Well, just ran out of wrapping wire...and have to face the horrible reality that I won't be able to build until Wednesday. So not really sure what I'm gonna do the next 3 days.
Anyone perhaps have a language course lying around? Might as well learn a new one while I wait.

Well, just ran out of wrapping wire...and have to face the horrible reality that I won't be able to build until Wednesday. So not really sure what I'm gonna do the next 3 days.
Anyone perhaps have a language course lying around? Might as well learn a new one while I wait.
You could try sleeping :D

Not something I do often. See I'm a Vampire hunter and they only come out at night. You're probably thinking "there are no Vampires" .....correct and you're welcome.

IMG_5643.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back