Liquid Barn (LB) Concentrate Reviews

LB White Chocolate Peppermint

Mixed @ 12%
70/30
1.5mg
0.4 Clapton
Hadaly
12 day

I fiddled around between 8-12 percent on this one, with different results.

At lower percentages the white chocolate cant compete with the peppermint.
At the higher end the chocolate becomes more prominent but is still not the main flavours.

Initial taste is the peppermint, it’s not the super fresh spearmint profile but closer to a candy cane peppermint.
It has a hard boiled sweet feel to it.

Next comes the white chocolate. It has a creamy almost waxy coating. It’s not a very rich white chocolate but they usually aren’t, if tastes a bit thin.

The flavours blend is exceptionally well, it’s easy to see why this is their flagship flavour. The inial clean clear mint which then gets softened by the milky chocolate. Very enjoyable.

Off notes

None but chocolate flavour dissipates on the tongue fast.

Pairings

Endless, honestly, this is going to shoot up the charts on mixes.
Tobacco
Almond
Hazelnut
Coffee
Chocolate
Use is bakery
Fruits, should work nicely with something juicy that needs a chill ie strawberry

Enjoyed this one, highly recommended

LB Cola Freeze

Mixed 8%
As above

What a surprising flavour. It’s a sweet candy cola, similar to the old soda stream cola, behind that is the effervescent fizz of the carbonated drink.

I don’t know why the word freeze is in here, there is zero of it on display.
It’s a very straightforward simple flavour that works.
Sweet fizzy cola.

I mixed it with some LB Rootbeer and it gives it a more full body profile, close to Iron Bru, but I digress.

No off notes but no freeze either.

Pairings
This works as a main profile, bulk it up with some chill or a hint of lime for a refreshing summer Vape.
Vbic n cream for a soda float.
If you’re looking for more of a Coke vibe, add caramel.

Does what it says on the tin........well almost.

Last edited:
LB Rootbeer

Mixed at 9%
As above

What can I say about this? It tastes like Rootbeer. It’s an authentic taste, more like the A&W brand as opposed to the Iron Bru. I’m told by people smarter than me that it’s the sassafras that makes the difference.
I get a bubblegummy/bubbaloo taste, with a very faint saccharin aftertaste.
IMO the most accurate Rootbeers for the profile, sure Flv has an epic Rootbeer but it’s a bit creamier, more like a RB float than a straight soda drink.

Off note

Very slight artificial flavour on exhale, kind of like on a Chappie when the flavour is almost gone.

Pairings

Lb cola for Iron Bru
Vbic n creams for float.
Stand-alone flavour
Vanilla swirl
Ws-23 for a chill

Highly recommended for a lazy easy Vape.

Last edited:
LB Rootbeer

Mixed at 9%
As above

What can I say about this? It tastes like Rootbeer. It’s an authentic taste, more like the A&W brand as opposed to the Iron Bru. I’m told by people smarter than me that it’s the sassafras that makes the difference.
I get a bubblegummy/bubbaloo taste, with a very faint saccharin aftertaste.
IMO the most accurate Rootbeers for the profile, sure Flv has an epic Rootbeer but it’s a bit creamier, more like a RB float than a straight soda drink.

Off note

Very slight artificial flavour on exhale, kind of like on a Chappie when the flavour is almost gone.

Pairings

Lb cola for Iron Bru
Vbic n creams for float.
Stand-alone flavour
Vanilla swirl
Ws-23 for a chill

Highly recommended for a lazy easy Vape.
I love rootbeer, the sassafras flavoured original old school one. Theres a local soft drink that nails it, called frankies, now owned by clover that nails the flavour. Is it similar to that?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

I love rootbeer, the sassafras flavoured original old school one. Theres a local soft drink that nails it, called frankies, now owned by clover that nails the flavour. Is it similar to that?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

It's been quite a while since I tasted a Frankie's but yes, as far as I remember.

LB Sour Gummy

Setup:
Pulse 24, N80 Fused Claptons @ .24 ohms. 60w power. Full Cotton Wicks.

Testing: LB Sour Gummy @ 10%, (LB recommends 17%!). 70/30 VG/PG, Steeped 13 days.

Initial SNV thoughts: Maybe a candied apple and cherry with a lot of plastic. A bit like biting into plastic ornamental fruit while visiting distant relatives. Maybe a hint of tart on the exhale.

Flavour Description: It’s sweet. There’s no sour taste at all. The rest is solid gummy bear flavour, which is to say that there isn’t real a distinct flavour at all. It’s a jumbled array of flavours that present themselves as a generic candy. The mouthfeel is bang on gummy bear though, a bit waxy and feels like it coats your tongue. I still can’t figure out where the sour is.

Uses: 10% is about right for what this is. And all it’s bringing to the party is sweet gummy. You would have to add your fruits and sour if that’s what you’re going for. But I can see it being useful as a base—in the same way that lemonade is a multi-purpose for all sorts of soda recipes.

Overall: Good base, add candied fruits on top and you’ve got yourself a sterling gummy bear profile. Costly, considering the percentage required to get it done.

LB White Chocolate Peppermint

Setup: Pulse 24, N80 Fused Claptons @ .24 ohms. 60w power. Full Cotton Wicks.

Testing: White Chocolate Peppermint @ 7, 8, 9%, (LB recommends 12%) 70/30 VG/PG, Steeped 14 days.

Initial SNV thoughts: Peppermint up front, followed by a mild white chocolate.

Flavour Description: Muted at the lower percentages. It only starts to announce itself at about 9% (that’s 0,4% for ConcreteRiver) and it is pretty much what it says it is. The peppermint is not overbearing and there’s a good balance between mint and white chocolate with a slight sweet in the fade. I’m pretty much in concurrence with @DanielSLP about its merits. I don’t think that the chocolate is as good as FW White Chocolate but the point of the flavour is its two-hander nature and it does that well.

Uses: I think that @Andre did a white chocolate version of Andre’s mate and it would interesting to see how the two would compare. I think the LB version would need some sweet cream and marshmallow to add depth and maybe a touch of FW creme de menthe and I think you would have a refreshing after dinner vape. Once I tasted it, I knew that I was going to remix ExclusiveGirl’s Green Tea Kit Kat on ATF subbing out the white chocolate.

Overall: Although it appears as niche, I think it could add complexity to any place that you are working with chocolate and/or peppermint. I wouldn’t rush out to buy it but I’m very glad to have it.

LB Sour Gummy

Setup:
Pulse 24, N80 Fused Claptons @ .24 ohms. 60w power. Full Cotton Wicks.

Testing: LB Sour Gummy @ 10%, (LB recommends 17%!). 70/30 VG/PG, Steeped 13 days.

Initial SNV thoughts: Maybe a candied apple and cherry with a lot of plastic. A bit like biting into plastic ornamental fruit while visiting distant relatives. Maybe a hint of tart on the exhale.

Flavour Description: It’s sweet. There’s no sour taste at all. The rest is solid gummy bear flavour, which is to say that there isn’t real a distinct flavour at all. It’s a jumbled array of flavours that present themselves as a generic candy. The mouthfeel is bang on gummy bear though, a bit waxy and feels like it coats your tongue. I still can’t figure out where the sour is.

Uses: 10% is about right for what this is. And all it’s bringing to the party is sweet gummy. You would have to add your fruits and sour if that’s what you’re going for. But I can see it being useful as a base—in the same way that lemonade is a multi-purpose for all sorts of soda recipes.

Overall: Good base, add candied fruits on top and you’ve got yourself a sterling gummy bear profile. Costly, considering the percentage required to get it done.

How would it stand up against 27Bears?

LB Chocolate roll

Testing: LB Chocolate roll @ 6, 8, 9%, (LB recommends 9%). 70/30 VG/PG, Steeped 15 days.

Initial SNV thoughts: Aroma is reminiscent of FLV Chocolate Deutsch without the coconut. At 6% there’s a bit of chocolate cake vibe going on. I think it may need to go higher.

Flavour Description: Started at 6% but I had to push it up to the suggested 9% to get the point.
According to the site this is supposed to be a tootsie roll. I’ve never had it but according to Wikipedia — “Tootsie Roll is a chocolate-like, taffy-like candy that has been manufactured in the United States since 1907. The candy has qualities similar to both caramels and taffy without being exactly either type, and does not melt”. There’s definitely chocolate here, not sweet, a little heavy on the cocoa side. It’s not a killer chocolate but I’ve had worse. The real problem is the taffy part. There may be rock but there’s no roll. There’s something more to the chocolate but I wouldn’t call it taffy. On repeated exposure there’s also a slight medicinal quality that is a touch off-putting.

Uses: I wouldn’t really know where to go with this. Jennifer Jarvis uses it in her M&M recipe to emulate crap USA chocolate and that kind of sums it up.

Overall: Perfect for you medicinal chocolate lovers out there. You know who you are.

LB Belgian Waffle

Setup: Pulse 24, N80 Fused Claptons @ .2 ohms. 60w power. Full Cotton Wicks.

Testing: LB Belgium Waffle @ 8, 9%. 70/30 VG/PG, Steeped 15 days.

Initial SNV thoughts: A deconstructed waffle. Getting the butter, bread, molasses/maple but not in the right order. Has a lot in common with RF French Toast and I suspect the two might be made for each other. French Waffle Toast should be a thing.

Flavour Description: What was once deconstructed has come together into a gossamer, airy almost tasteless waffle. I took it up to 9% to see if I was missing anything. I wasn’t. Eight is right as a primary flavour.The problem is that what makes a waffle is the crunchy texture and that would require some crafty tricks to fool the palate. So what we’re left with is a touch of maple, batter and butter.

Uses: I haven’t had much luck with any of the TFA and CAP waffles and this is much the same. A fair number of ATF members have played with it and thrown the usual things at it, albeit at a higher percentage. The good thing about it’s shyness as a flavour is that it won’t get in the way. Banana waffle topped with ice cream and hazelnuts good to go.

Overall: An innocuous waffle base.

LB Lava Cake

Setup: Pulse 24, N80 Fused Claptons @ .2 ohms. 60w power. Full Cotton Wicks.

Testing: LB Lava Cake @ 6, 7%,. 70/30 VG/PG, Steeped 15 days.

Initial SNV thoughts: Same FLV Chocolate Deutsch notes but stronger and more accurate than the Chocolate Roll. There’s a cakiness here but it’s muted and generic. Good waxy mouthfeel. This just might work as a chocolate wherever chocolate is needed. I have hopes.

Flavour Description: Pick ’n Pay chocolate cake. Immediately discernible as to what it is, but this isn’t sophisticated. It’s cake, cocoa powder and a bit of sugar. The problems with the Chocolate roll are not present here. It doesn’t go medicinal and is slightly sweeter than the roll. Good mouth feel but maybe it would require more work to coax the cake out. 5-7% should do it nicely.

Uses: It’s a useful profile and would play nicely with any number of recipes. Cherries, whipped cream, cream, brandy and WF Cocoa and you will have a good Black Forest cake. Tiramisu? Yup. Or if you just want a bit of dark chocolate for tobaccos, this will do you. I’ve used it in a chocolate ice cream and it works very well.

Overall: This is a useful addition to the available chocolate formulations out there (no, we have not arrived at chocolate nirvana yet). It’s not a coil destroyer which is a plus and it brings a heavier texture to anything requiring chocolate. Worth having.

LB Banana Orange

Mixed at 9%
As above

This is an addictive flavour profile.
The banana has a slight candy touch to it as opposed to a true banana. It gives a very full feel in your mouth. The orange is spot on orange juice, it’s tart and sharp. There is a slight cooling effect which makes me think of koolada as there’s no menthol.
This tastes a lot like a frozen Minute Maid orange with a creamy banana to take off the edge. There is definitely a bit of orange zest in here that gives it an acidic aftertaste which is really quite brilliant.
This does require a bit of a steep but 10 days should do it, I haven’t noticed any change since then.

Off notes

Zero, it’s very well balanced and everything works well together. If anything I’d say there’s a slight sourness on exhale that you get will some oranges but it’s faint a makes the juice even more realistic.

Pairings

Great as a stand-alone
Marshmallow or EM for a sweet drink
Cactus and cream for a ice cream vibe
Vbic and Bavarian for a fruit shake

Overall

This is a real winner, I loved it.
10/10
Like a true Philistine I’ve subbed this into one of Wayne’s legendary recipes and will give feedback on how it turns out but I’m really optimistic.

Last edited:
LB Pina Colada

Mixed at 16%
As above re gear

So a pina colada is a pina colada is a pina colada, coconut and pineapple right?
Well yes but this one is pretty solid.
The coconut is quite heavy, more a cream than a milk. It is by far the dominant flavour n fills your mouth.
The cream is actually more prominent than the coconut tho which I’m not a fan of.
The pineapple tastes tart and syrupy sweet, it’s not the fresh pineapple I was hoping for. It definitely tastes more processed/artificial than what a summer cocktail should.

Off notes

Has a bit of an artificial taste, like it came out of a packet as opposed to fresh fruits being used.

Parings

I’d bulk up the middle of this with some inw pineapple or even some juicy pineapple.
It needs some alcoholic bite so whatever your favorite booze flavour is, it will help.

Overall

It’s a tasty Vape, LB have once again got the balance pretty accurate although it still feels a bit thin for me but I do like cocktail vapes to hit me squarely between the eyes.
Can’t see this being used in many recipes other than a Pina Colada and for that it will get you 90% of the way there.

(LB) Rainbow Sherbet

Testing: (LB) Rainbow Sherbet @ 8, 9, 10%. 70/30 VG/PG, Steeped 19 days.

Initial SNV thoughts: I made the mistake of reading the description. Sorry. But I’m getting the dense cream on the inhale with a bit of pleasant raspberry and yes, there’s a bit of classy orange on the exhale and some general sherbetness all over. Nice aroma and sweet to the taste. Damn, I should just drink this stuff and have done with it.

Flavour Description: Sweet raspberry with a bit of fizz. And yes, there is a bit of orange there. Smooth as a flavour but weak and I’m not picking up cream. The LB site calls it a raspberry ice cream but I wouldn’t go that far. Too mild until you push it up to 10% and beyond (one Reddit user mixes it at 13% as an ADV and I can see how that could work).

Uses: I guess that it makes an interesting thought experiment. By adding INW Malina Raspberry and additional creams/ice creams and maybe a bit of orange I think one could bring it to the point of what it’s aiming for. However, to go that route is an indictment on the profile as it stands.

Overall: It’s simply not strong enough or flavourful enough to do the job that it sets out to do.

(LB) Vanilla Ice Cream

Testing: (LB) Vanilla Ice Cream @ 8%, 70/30 VG/PG, Steeped 19 days.

Initial SNV thoughts: A big, comforting whack of vanilla (as in Vanilla Shisha) on the inhale and then rich buttered cream following. Off the bat, this can sit proudly with the best vanilla ice creams out there. I don’t get any pepper from TFA’s version but this is getting swollen love from those who do. Can’t wait for the wait.

Flavour Description: As others have already noted, this is a lovely flavour. The vanilla, the cream and the overall deliciousness is all there. Nothing has faded during the steep, but rather, it has become richer and warmer.

Uses: The best of the LB that I’ve tasted so far and definitely a contender for the best Vanilla Ice Creams out there. For me, there’s more depth than TFA’s version and I would use it when I’m looking for a richer, heavier cream. Hugely versatile though, given the way that ice cream features in so many mixes. 8% solo was enough and I would reckon 5-8 in mixes depending on the predominance of the note that you’re looking for.

Overall: Well worth purchasing. More so, if you get the pepper notes off ice creams.

Last edited:
(LB) Blue Raspberry

Testing: (LB) Blue Raspberry @ 8%, 70/30 VG/PG, Steeped 18 days.

Initial SNV thoughts: A fairly decent representation of raspberries. With something else. Let’s see.

Flavour Description: Rubus leucodermis. Apparently that’s what’s behind a blue raspberry. It’s not a mix between a blueberry and a raspberry but rather an American synthetically produced raspberry of the white bark raspberry variety. It tastes damn delicious though. Raspberry with other indescribable nuances in the background.

Uses: It tastes brilliant in a lemonade.

Recipe:
Like this:

Blue Raspberry Lemonade

1.10% Black Ice
8.00% Blue Raspberry (LB)
0.75% Hypnotic Myst (FA)
1.00% Jelly Candy (CAP)
1.50% Lemon Lime Soda (SC) (WF)
1.00% Lemon Shisha (INAWERA)

Flavor total: 13.35%

Link: http://tjek.nu/r/hyE3

Overall: Expensive given the percentages, but worth getting.

Thanks @Patrick, great feedback
That Vanilla Ice Cream sounds super. Would one use that in place of TFA VBIC in other recipes? (Noob question, apologies)

Thanks @Patrick, great feedback
That Vanilla Ice Cream sounds super. Would one use that in place of TFA VBIC in other recipes? (Noob question, apologies)
You have to start with VBIC from TFA simply because so many recipes use it (and it's damn good). It's always been my go-to. But I'm experimenting with the LB version and picking up a softer cream to the end results.

LB Dew Mountain

Mixed at 9%
Gear as above
Steeped 4 weeks

This is pretty much Liquid Barns take on Mountain Dew.

Inhale

The tart lime mixes well with the zesty lemon. The effervescence reminds me of tfa champagne but without the punch.

Exhale

The orange comes to the fore on the exhale and pretty much blows the lemon n lime away. LB does make a solid orange but I feel it moves the whole experience away from the desired profile.
It ends up like Fanta Orange. The profile is a bit thin, as the main notes fade, maybe bulking it up with some other fruits or cutting the orange back will bring it closer to the desired effect.

Off notes

There is a strange metallic aftertaste but it’s quite subtle and should disappear in a mix.

Pairings

Summer fruits eg pineapple
Fa Rum
Cactus

Overall

Very decent stand-alone but needs more body.

LB Vanilla Mint

Mixed @10%
Gear as above
4 week steep

Okay so this does what it says on the bottle. Theres a good solid hit mint hit straight off the bat. It’s basically a menthol with a vanilla frosting backing.
This reminds me of Stimirol Spearmint, very chilled slight bite from the mint and then the sweetness rounding it out.
The vanilla is very much a secondary flavour but vital as it’s adds a softer, lighter note.

Off notes

None

Pairings

Anything that uses menthol, so tobacco, fruits will work well.

Overall

Very lekker vape, it’s easy and tasty.
Works well as a stand-alone st 10% probably 2-4 in a mix.

Before I start posting my LB reviews, keeping in mind I did not ask/do too many, I have to say - if you are a lazy mixer or are looking for solid single flavours, for the most past I would highly recommend LB. I was generally well impressed with most as single flavours.

LB BELGIAN WAFFLE

Mixed At: 8% - 10% in 60/40 VG/PG (I started all LB percentages at the percentages LB recommend)
Tested On: Cyclops RDA, 0.4 Ohms, 30W and Griffin RTA 0.4ohms 30w
Steeped: 25 Days

NOTES:

I will look no further for Waffle - finally, I found one I like!

I get an extremely well balanced waffle, cinnamon and syrup waffle. In the past I have found other brands too rich in these components or lacking all together.

I would describe this as a classic waffle, not really Belgian, if I am being pedantic. The Belgian Waffle is a little more 'Cake'y or fluffy' than the classic Waffle. This, to me, tastes like a classic - a damn good one.

As said, the balance won me over. I love cinnamon, but the moment it is slightly too much, it puts me off. At the recommended 8% I found the cinnamon was definitely there, but not overpowering. The same with the syrup, which is more in the backround. I could vape this all day without getting the sweet lips effect (which I hate).

USES: Totally solid as a single flavour. I gave some to a mate who only vapes the more popular local juices, and he told me I did a "really good job at making a good waffle." Lol... I mixed it at 8% and whaaallaaa.

I am going to add some cream/ ice cream and play with topping you would expect on a waffle.

RECOMMENDED PERCENTAGE %: 8% is spot on for 60VG. I would add 0.5% for 70VG.

OVERALL: Outstanding waffle.

Last edited:
LB ROOT BEER

Mixed At: 8% - 10% in 60/40 VG/PG (I started all LB percentages at the percentages LB recommend)

NOTES:

Another flavour I really am well pleased with. It is a complex root beer, which surprised me.
For those that don't know - Wicks Bugglegum is a basic root beer taste. The main Root Beer flavour is made mainly from Sassafras or Sarsaparilla (an actual root afaik).
I've had another Rootbeer concentrate and it tasted exactly like Wicks Bubblegum, but nothing more.

LB's Root Beer however, is a deeper, more complex tasting Root Beer - more like the actual drink - and a good version at that. The Sassafras is definitely there and immediately identifiable, but there is more to it. There are nice warm spices after the initial Sassafras note, and the Sassafras is not overpowering, so it doesn't taste just like Wicks (thankfully).

I get little "fizz", but that could be because of my humble set-up. I don't know if I would get more with super-clapton turbo coils?

USES: Beautiful and different as a single flavour. Of coarse I am going to try get it to a Root Beer float, which should be relatively easy.

RECOMMENDED PERCENTAGE %: 8% is spot on for 60VG. I would play all the way to 10% for my preferred 70VG, and with added Cream or Ice-Cream. 8.5% solo for 70VG

OVERALL: Best Root Beer I've had thanks to its complexity. Since I am a fan of Root Beer, its a keeper.

LB DEW MOUNTAIN

Mixed At: 9% - 11% in 60/40 VG/PG (I started all LB percentages at the percentages LB recommend)

NOTES:

This one didn't really work for me as a single-flavour. I would need to test it at much higher VG and percentage, if it was a dead ringer for Mountain Dew, which I love, but to me it is not quite there. It's missing a good "zing" to be a dead ringer.

At 9%, I found it too insipid or watered-down. Then at 11% I get the harshness you get with Citrus, when they are too strong. I get the Orange, Lime or general Citrus, but nothing really shines

USES: For me, it could be a good starting point for a Mountain Dew. I would however have to boost the individual citrus flavours, and hopefully add body by using a higher VG.

RECOMMENDED PERCENTAGE %: 9% - 10% to start. I suspect most would need to tinker a bit to find the sweet spot.

OVERALL: I can do without it.

Back