Locals ONLY Recipes

Another one my son keeps asking me to make for him.

CLY Fruit Breakfast
CLY Tutti Frutti - 2%
CLY Brown Sugar - 1%
CLY Milk - 2%
CLY Marshmallow - 0.5%
CLY Cream - 1%
CLY Cheesecake- 2%
CLY Custard - 1.5%
TFA Ethyl Maltol - 1% (I'm sure CLY Cotton Candy will work as well)

Last edited:
Another one taken from @Andre where he reported Mango Crack
Again I cannot comment too much on it but my son seems to like it.

CLY Mango Crack
CLY Mango - 3%
CLY Dragon Fruit - 1%
CLY Apple - 1%
CLY PawPaw - 0.5%
INW Cactus - 0.5%

CLY only I know but I have not made this without the INW Cactus. It will be interesting to hear the comments where this is made with and without the Cactus.

And yet another.....
I must have copied this from somewhere because I am pretty sure I didn't come up with it on my own but any reference is not in my notes.

CLY Cocoman
CLY Banana - 0.5%
CLY Coconut - 2%
CLY Mango - 1%
CLY Strawberries and Cream - 2%
CLY Watermelon - 0.5%

Apologies for not elaborating further on these recipes but all I get from my son is "yup this works" :confused:
I suppose he is like me. Binary scoring on juices....
yup
nope

This one I tried when I started with DIY and CLY and it worked out OK.
Found it with the recipes that came with eJuiceMeUp and adapted accordingly.

CLY Satalite
CLY Strawberries and Cream - 4%
CLY Kiwi fruit - 2.75%
CLY Apple - 4%
CLY Dragon Fruit- 1%
CLY Coconut - 1%

Let it sit for a week or so (which I found out after the fact).
It has quite a creamy taste and even at such high percentages it is not too bad.

Tried a Ginger/Lemon Cookie

Caramel - 2%
Cookies & Cream 5%
Cream 1.5%
Ginger 0.12% - I would say around 1drop per 10ml is more than sufficient max 2 drops.
Lemon 0.25% - Lemon is very strong, might need some adjustment.

Overall a different vape, SnV is ok - will let it steep for a couple of weeks and revert. I personally like Ginger so for me it's nice. Try and adjust where needed.

Also I did a Apple Crumble at 4% with 2 drops ginger per 10ml and almost too much ginger byut again for me it's nice.

Last edited:
Concentrate : Cream Soda
Amount : 5%
Method : 1 week
Notes : Just no. 5% is way too much. Tastes like sweeto cream soda syrup drunk straight from the bottle. It's way too sweet for me. It could possibly be better at a much lower percentage so I might try that and will edit here if its any better.
Hi @Caveman, I run it at 5% with added TFA marshmallow at 1%. Seems to work well that way. Interested to see your thoughts on using a lower percentage. Please keep us posted!

Thanks/Regards

Thanks for the recipes @GregF - most of them you posted sound absolutely marvellous!
Lol on your and your son's "binary scoring system" :)

Tried a Ginger/Lemon Cookie

Caramel - 2%
Cookies & Cream 5%
Cream 1.5%
Ginger 0.12% - I would say around 1drop per 10ml is more than sufficient max 2 drops.
Lemon 0.25% - Lemon is very strong, might need some adjustment.

Overall a different vape, SnV is ok - will let it steep for a couple of weeks and revert. I personally like Ginger so for me it's nice. Try and adjust where needed.

Also I did a Apple Crumble at 4% with 2 drops ginger per 10ml and almost too much ginger byut again for me it's nice.
Just an observation here, I use a leaf ijustS tank for everyday vaping - can't be assed to coil and wick tbh - and I've had to change coils twice in 2 days. .3ohm @ 45-55watts. The only thing that's different is the ginger - so I would say Its not coil friendly at all, maybe at lower wattage but not any higher than 30|35

Sent from my T1-701u using Tapatalk

hi everyone

dont mean to be silly, but all the recipes you guys are mixing up, what volumes do you create your recipes?
Is it 30ml, 50ml, 100ml?

sorry and thanks

Hey man - it varies on what you would want to mix. Sometimes a 10ml sometimes a 30.

Test on a 10ml and if you like it the flavour make a bigger batch.

Sent from my LG-H340 using Tapatalk

It can be any volume you want, @Jay D, percentages apply equally. I mix mostly 30ml as that is the capacity of most of my HDPE dropper bottles and I find that I also tire of a particular profile quite quickly. So I rather make small batches of many different juices than a few larger batches. If I really like a recipe, I might make a 50ml. If it's a recipe by a mixer I don't know and I'm not sure if I'll like it, I might only make 20ml. Each mixer must decide what is their ideal quantity to mix.

It can be any volume you want, @Jay D, percentages apply equally. I mix mostly 30ml as that is the capacity of most of my HDPE dropper bottles and I find that I also tire of a particular profile quite quickly. So I rather make small batches of many different juices than a few larger batches. If I really like a recipe, I might make a 50ml. If it's a recipe by a mixer I don't know and I'm not sure if I'll like it, I might only make 20ml. Each mixer must decide what is their ideal quantity to mix.
Succinct as always rich

Sent from my LG-H340 using Tapatalk

cool

I know that usually your concentrates add up to roughly 10% - 15% of your final recipe.
In saying that Im just interested in if like you're using 2% off bubblegum for instance is that in 10ml of your base?
So say you make a 70/30 VG/PG 10ml bubblegum 0mg nic would that be:

2ml of bubblegum
3ml PG
5ml VG

if I made a 10ml bubblegum straight 100 VG would that be:

2ml bubblegum
8ml VG

and do you have any special technique of shaking?

sorry for asking all this but I really want to try DIY mixing

thank you

So say you make a 70/30 VG/PG 10ml bubblegum 0mg nic would that be:
2ml of bubblegum
3ml PG
5ml VG

No. Your flavours are usually in a PG base. So that would be a 50/50 mix:
2ml PG (flavour) + 3ml PG = 5ml PG = 5ml VG = 50/50

The recipe app that you use will ask what type of nic you are using (VG or PG) and also the base that your flavours are in (usually PG, sometimes VG, sometimes neither). It will also ask what ratio VG/PG you want your final juice to be. It will then calculate automatically for you how much to add.

Some people use stirring devices. I just cap the bottle and flick-a-da-wrist for a minute or so. As long as you give it a good shake, I don't think it matters.

No. Your flavours are usually in a PG base. So that would be a 50/50 mix:
2ml PG (flavour) + 3ml PG = 5ml PG = 5ml VG = 50/50

The recipe app that you use will ask what type of nic you are using (VG or PG) and also the base that your flavours are in (usually PG, sometimes VG, sometimes neither). It will also ask what ratio VG/PG you want your final juice to be. It will then calculate automatically for you how much to add.

Some people use stirring devices. I just cap the bottle and flick-a-da-wrist for a minute or so. As long as you give it a good shake, I don't think it matters.
Cool Thanks I will check it out

What do you guys think? I created this thread for CLY concentrates, but now Flavour mill launched TFM concentrates and looks like it's the same as CLY. Problem is that this local concentrate is being named according to the vendor and not it's own name like TFA, CAP and so on. Will it be fine with you all if I change this Thread to Local Only Recipes? @Silver will it be fine with you?

Are you saying someone is selling clyro concentrates under their own name?

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

What do you guys think? I created this thread for CLY concentrates, but now Flavour mill launched TFM concentrates and looks like it's the same as CLY. Problem is that this local concentrate is being named according to the vendor and not it's own name like TFA, CAP and so on. Will it be fine with you all if I change this Thread to Local Only Recipes? @Silver will it be fine with you?

I don't mind @Quakes
I am probably not the best person to ask though. From a forum perspective there's no problem - maybe you should check with more of the DIY guys what they think.

With the number of local concentrate lines, I don't see why this shouldn't be a "local only" thread to encompass all the brands. Even if I made a recipe using only local concentrates, it would probably not be all from one line but rather from whichever line's flavour best suited the profile.

I was thinking of mixing aTigers Blood clone with 12% strawberry, 6% watermelon and 1.5% coconut. These seem a bit high for CLY concentrates though, any thoughts in recommended percentages?

Back