Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Back in 1981 I spent 2 years in Bloemfontein and various parts in the far north of the country. (SADF)
Turns out a lot of my Afrikaans brothers went around barefoot. So some soutie came up with the joke that everyone north of the Du Toits Kloof mountains lived barefoot.
Guess it was a subtle dig at the less sophisticated, most of the English dudes came from Cape Town and it was a bit of a culture shock seeing how the north lived.

This.

Our old joke at school went:
'Why do some people want to become spietkops?'
'So they can have shoes, a motorbike and a gun.'

The military was (and still is!) a different kind of education...

Back in 1981 I spent 2 years in Bloemfontein and various parts in the far north of the country. (SADF)
Turns out a lot of my Afrikaans brothers went around barefoot. So some soutie came up with the joke that everyone north of the Du Toits Kloof mountains lived barefoot.
Guess it was a subtle dig at the less sophisticated, most of the English dudes came from Cape Town and it was a bit of a culture shock seeing how the north lived.
I can relate, grew up as a maplotter, had to go to shops for shoes and “long pants” for my std 5 prize-giving, in summer nogal, hardest part was high school as we had to wear trousers and shoes every day.

Good old days where you could judge the temperature based on how blue your toes were, :D , did wear shoes in winter but who plays in them.

Mkhize says ‘localised lockdown’ could be used
Mkhize warned of a “surge” in coronavirus cases – particularly in Gauteng.

“The numbers are picking up, the surge is on the way. Particularly in Gauteng the numbers are locking up faster than anticipated,” he said.

He added that the Western Cape had also seen a surge in cases over the course of June.

“(The Western Cape) in June went up by 40,000 people, but in Gauteng as of last night we are close to 3,000 per day. The problem is too many people getting sick at the same time. We want to plead to people to use the masks, use hand washing and practice social distancing.”

“During the month of July we are going to see larger numbers getting infected, going into August. We are hoping to manage the situation during this time.”
https://businesstech.co.za/news/gov...-rise-faster-than-expected/?source=newsletter

I wear my safety shoes at work because i have to, rest of the time, I'm a barefoot wanderer, except if i have to go do shopping, then plakkies, but not for too long ne....

Last edited:
Re construction continuing , the bedroom so far - floor is thrown and awaiting sliding door , need to go tile hunting .
20200630_133224.jpg

Had my first Covid test done yesterday. Test wasn't too bad. The waiting for the result is horrible.

At least its negative.

Went to pick up my meds this morning @ 7 , received a phone call ''#10 is burning'' This house has been a problem for a long time - owner died , daughter didn't want the house and emigrated to Norway , the squatters came and went , police raided the place once a month , we complained about fighting , music, drugs , but nothing ever happened - until this morning ... I arrived back to this scene .My house entrance is where the Metro van is standing .
20200701_083804.jpg

Anyone know where if any of the open shops have stock of the Aspire Nautilus 1.8ohm BVC coils?

Back