Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't see it being long before the UK goes back into full scale lockdown as although deaths are not at the levels of Apr/May/Jun cases are sky rocketing and their will be a time lag. My own hometown have the highest infection rates in the UK and we have an official local lockdown which i don't even know what that entails as everything seems to be operating as normal!

Sorry to hear Tim, my son and DIL are in Newcastle and I have to admit that there is a dark cloud over my head. Both for myself and them. I wish you well and hope you and the missus come through Ok.

Quite informative. I know that mostly research only looks at certain parameters to determine a specific perception/event/situation, I.e. looking at this one if I understand correctly, how many people quit altogether, and stayed off in a time frame based on what methodology they used to try and quit smoking.

So based on this none of the NRT therapies are absolutely effective, not even the ones that are usually pushed as been the best and tried and tested and proven ones, seems a fact, cold turkey included, none are guaranteed long term, fact, but then nothing is. But there are so many more factors that make a difference, especially looking at the vaping part, did your nicotine uptake decrease, is there an improvement in health, did you lower your health risks through not smoking. But at least they seem to be honest with the research outcome, although I am failing to see how studies on the same subject can have such big differing outcomes, I.e. US vs UK specifically.

Again as per my mind, I still think I’m better of vaping, even if I still have a nicotine dependency, not as bad as when I was smoking, and overall I have much better health. What I would find interesting is how the “ others” that did not use vaping as an alternative fared health and dependency wise. How many returned to smoking, how many took up vaping later, did their use increase, and what the impact of this was on their situation/health? All I know is every time I quit and started again, I smoked more, and became more unpleasant if I couldn’t have a smoke. Even a Cape Town flight had me wishing for a smoke break in the smoking section on the wing at 37,000 feet. Now a 2.5 hour road trip is just a road trip, and I’m on 2 mg diy, even for MTL. In my own car I’ll vape, but I travel with others quite often these days for work. But I do Vape quite a lot most days, especially if I’m just sitting in front of the PC, feel sorry for it most days, and some evenings, but if I’m out and about it’s no biggie. If I forget my vape when going shopping, no problem, going a full day not so sure, maybe I must test that theory.

Just wonder who the first institution is going to be to try and manipulate this outcome to suit their agenda. But still a better piece imho compared to some of the other horror stories that are published as fact only to be disproved later, with some food for thought.

It is odd, though, that the UK’s studies show vaping to be so much more effective. Perhaps the different levels of governmental/health organisations’ support for vaping make a difference.

It is odd, though, that the UK’s studies show vaping to be so much more effective. Perhaps the different levels of governmental/health organisations’ support for vaping make a difference.
In the UK I think they would rather have less people in hospital and dying due to tobacco related illnesses because in most other countries being sick and death is a highly profitable business.

I said an honest study but I meant an honest article I.e balanced and not openly anti vaping. This is how I take it. The vast majority of the attempts to quit smoking fail, I succeeded. While vaping, I’m still using a tobacco product (read nicotine) but at least as mentioned in the article I’m vaping and no longer smoking, I still score another point.
Studies are very flexible and you can twist conclusions to suit your needs. We have been preaching for decades that 1 or 2 glasses of wine a day have a protective effect on the cardiovascular system... Simply not true!

Comment of the day on the internet (not mine).

"I asked my doctor how long is Covid going to last. He said: I don't know, I'm not a politician"

:campeon:

Back