Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Be careful what you say on WhatsApp in South Africa
The dismissal of 10 Discovery Health employees over messages sent on a WhatsApp group has highlighted the importance of refraining from making defamatory remarks on online-based platforms.
https://mybroadband.co.za/news/secu...pp-in-south-africa.html?utm_source=newsletter

That is why I do not use social media at all , I will speak my mind and be deported ...

thanks @ARYANTO
That was an informative article

It just shows that when communicating on any public online media (or even WhatsApp groups) one needs to be very careful what one says and how one says it. If you offend people or a company it can lead to trouble unless it’s truthful or in public interest. (As the article mentions)

that’s why I am very weary of overly negative or emotional commentary on public media

by the way @ARYANTO , just for your info, ECIGSSA would be considered a social media platform :)

I managed to rip up 2/3 of my carpet so far, the process is long, as it is causing an allergic reaction as I do it unfortunately I have to do it solo, replacing chair, paint, new bedding, new vaccum, bill is mounting up. I had to also put down another dog due to lymphoma, I'm wracked with guilt even though I know it was the right thing to do, and now another one is going to lose a toe due to a tumor, I know it's fairly common in older dogs to develop tumors, but man this year can go straight to hell.

I managed to rip up 2/3 of my carpet so far, the process is long, as it is causing an allergic reaction as I do it unfortunately I have to do it solo, replacing chair, paint, new bedding, new vaccum, bill is mounting up. I had to also put down another dog due to lymphoma, I'm wracked with guilt even though I know it was the right thing to do, and now another one is going to lose a toe due to a tumor, I know it's fairly common in older dogs to develop tumors, but man this year can go straight to hell.

Sorry to hear about the dog, wishes that the other one will recover quick once the procedure is done. Don’t wait to have it done. Never nice to lose a companion, but we make the decisions for their best interests, and we have to live with it. Mine had to be put down about a month ago, big hole left in out lives, so I understand they feeling. Remember the good times, thinking of you in this hard time meneer.

Good luck with the “full dust destroying mission”, hope the effort will bring you better health.

Breaking news. The South African government has suspended Cricket South Africa. Government will now run cricket in South Africa.

Can anyone confirm this as it's not allowed by the ICC so it will be no International Cricket for South Africa for the second time in my lifetime, we definitely will not play you if this is the case!

Breaking news. The South African government has suspended Cricket South Africa. Government will now run cricket in South Africa.

Can anyone confirm this as it's not allowed by the ICC so it will be no International Cricket for South Africa for the second time in my lifetime, we definitely will not play you if this is the case!

Nobody knows whats going on in CSA. It's one big mess.

But the ICC allowed the Indian and Pakistan governments to manage their cricket for some time i the past so I doubt we will be kicked out of the ICC yet.

Sorry to hear about the dogs. I know the feeling.
All the best man

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk

Pssst hi vape family for the people that do not follow the birthday thread today is Uncle Rob Fisher birthday shhhh don't tell him I told you :)
2020-09-12 07.24.02.jpg

Man, it never rains but it pours. Sorry you’re having such a bad time right now.

What’s under your carpets? I need to know because you m planning on ripping out carpets soon and I want to know!
I can’t offer much condolences because reasons but I’m glad you are at least keeping busy and have a goal to work towards.
One suggestion is to go to your local SPCA and pick an animal that could use some love and you might find it alleviates your guilt.

What’s under your carpets? I need to know because you m planning on ripping out carpets soon and I want to know!
I can’t offer much condolences because reasons but I’m glad you are at least keeping busy and have a goal to work towards.
One suggestion is to go to your local SPCA and pick an animal that could use some love and you might find it alleviates your guilt.
@Christos - ''you m planning'' so you planned all the way from A to L and are busy with M and next will be N planning ???

South Africa extends state of disaster ahead of expected move to level 1 lockdown
https://businesstech.co.za/news/gov...r-ahead-of-expected-move-to-level-1-lockdown/
11 Sept. 2020

"President Cyril Ramaphosa’s cabinet has approved the extension of South Africa’s national state of disaster to 15 October 2020...
An official directive confirming the extension has not yet been gazetted by Cogta minister Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma....

Level 1 lockdown?

The extension of South Africa’s state of disaster comes after president Cyril Ramaphosa said that the National Coronavirus Command Council (NCCC) is evaluating a number of proposals around the further easing of lockdown restrictions.

The president told the South African National Editors’ Forum on Wednesday evening (9 September) that one of the requests he received was from religious leaders, specifically around extending the number of people which may attend gatherings.

The president said that the NCCC is also considering requests from the sporting fraternity, the entertainment sector, hotels and tourism....

Ramaphosa indicated that he will further address the nation next week on a range of issues. “Watch this space next week (as to) where we end up as a nation in as far as this is concerned,” he said.

Health minister Dr Zweli Mkhize says that South Africa will need to move to a level 1 lockdown and a return to ‘normal activities’ as part of its economic recovery.

The minister said that it was too early to provide a date as to when the country could move to a level 1 lockdown, but he confirmed that the government was currently discussing the issue.

“The president will come out in the next few days and give us a sense of direction, but we will be preparing for people to start easing to the next level. When that has been announced we will, of course, move onto that level, but it has not been decided yet.”

Mites mainly I'm guessing. But it's felt and then the wood around the room with the grips in them. It's slog work. I use a hooked stanley blade for the the carpet, then a straight blade for the felt, some of the felt is glued down so I had to rake that with a claw on a hammer, and then some I sanded down, even after setting up an extraction system I'm convinced there is cement in the air from the sanding, so yeah beware of that.

I have two doggos still, it's just two I have had to put down this year so it's rough but yeah keeping busy and doing stuff helps.

Mites mainly I'm guessing. But it's felt and then the wood around the room with the grips in them. It's slog work. I use a hooked stanley blade for the the carpet, then a straight blade for the felt, some of the felt is glued down so I had to rake that with a claw on a hammer, and then some I sanded down, even after setting up an extraction system I'm convinced there is cement in the air from the sanding, so yeah beware of that.

I have two doggos still, it's just two I have had to put down this year so it's rough but yeah keeping busy and doing stuff helps.
Yes, I removed a linoleum floor and I think it’s been about a year that I now am certain the remaining cement is out the house. I used everything except for chemicals because I wanted to bond directly to the existing concrete and some of the chemicals would inhibit a solid bond especially since thinners did nothing. I actually have a bottle of paint stripper that comes in a glass bottle I was tempted to try.

I guess it’s kind of hard to remember that our animals play a vital part in our life for a large part of our life. I mean it’s 10-20 years of say a constant “hello I’m happy to see you” daily that just goes away at the blink of an eye.

Obviously with 50,000 deaths and cases alarmingly on the rise again in the UK the situation is worse here but even so those figures are sad to see over 15,000 lives lost. I wonder after his backing of the 5G theory and constantly trivialising the whole threat and trashing those who took the situation serious whether a certain person who most will know who i'm on about will be man enough to admit he got it 100% wrong!

Obviously with 50,000 deaths and cases alarmingly on the rise again in the UK the situation is worse here but even so those figures are sad to see over 15,000 lives lost. I wonder after his backing of the 5G theory and constantly trivialising the whole threat and trashing those who took the situation serious whether a certain person who most will know who i'm on about will be man enough to admit he got it 100% wrong!

There is closer to 40 k lives lost here, don't let our bullshit "official" numbers hood wink you. Areas where gov. hospitals had rats literally lapping up blood in puddles and patients punching each other over oxygen most def' did not record numbers properly.

Just for interest's sake , the virus arrived in SA on 1 March 2020 : 6 months, 1 week and 5 days ago ,On 5 March Zweli Mkhize, announced the first confirmed case The fatality rate is: 2.38% . 172 days since L/D started. [5 months and 19 days]
wikipedia

These conspiracy theories are getting out of hand.....

118771222_105738197935152_4438188771526368968_n.jpg

Back