Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Had a visit tonight from a great friend and it changed my whole year, a present that I do not have enough words to say thank you for!
View attachment 212654
The “Ice Queen” now lives under my roof! There are no words to describe the feeling, thank you again @antonherbst , can’t wait to get a build going and I will pamper her and enjoy the company for years to come.

Only a pleasure to PIF to a great friend and person in our community.

What is currently happening in Europe is so tragic. All the job losses, the deaths etc. I can’t wait for this year to finish.

Sky news video link below.

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6160192965001

SPECIAL REPORT: Inside China’s COVID Cold War with the West

Phil Ritchie|29/05/2020|32min

Western allies have condemned China for using the smokescreen of the COVID-19 pandemic to impose a new security law in Hong Kong which violates its international commitments and threatens the "bastion of freedom". The dire warnings came from the United Kingdom, the United States, Australia and Canada as tensions between the embattled Chinese Communist Party and the west reached rock bottom. China's Foreign Minister Wang Yi says American politicians are taking China-US relations “hostage” and "pushing our two countries to the brink of a new Cold War" – and placing world stability “in jeopardy”. “It’s time for the US to give up this wishful thinking of changing China or stopping 1.4 billion people’s historic march toward modernisation,” Mr Wang warned. The joint statement from four of the Five Eyes allies said: “China’s decision to impose the new national security law on Hong Kong lies in direct conflict with its international obligations under the principles of the legally-binding, UN-registered Sino-British Joint Declaration”. “The proposed law would undermine the One Country, Two Systems framework. It also raises the prospect of prosecution in Hong Kong for political crimes, and undermines existing commitments to protect the rights of Hong Kong people. “The world’s focus on a global pandemic requires enhanced trust in governments and international cooperation. Beijing’s unprecedented move risks having the opposite effect.” China Foreign Ministry Spokesman Zhao Lijian warned his country “will take necessary counter-measures” against interference from external forces – an aggressive tactic China has wielded throughout the pandemic to suppress rising anti-China sentiment and hide its early failures. The most egregious of these was China’s twin billion-dollar trade blows in May on Australian barley and abattoirs after its ambassador issued a threat in response to the Morrison government’s call for an inquiry into the origin of the virus. As US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo put it – “the Chinese Communist Party chose to threaten Australia with economic retribution for the simple act of asking for an independent inquiry into the origins of the virus”. China initially perceived the inquiry Australia pushed, which passed the World Health Assembly unanimously, as a witch-hunt created by Washington but eventually bowed to international pressure provided its World Health Organisation “puppet” leads the review.

Last edited:
President Cyril Ramaphosa will brief the nation next week on South Africa’s lockdown strategy around the coronavirus pandemic.

Minister in the presidency Jackson Mthembu said on Thursday (5 November) that the briefing will be based on a cabinet meeting and suggestions provided by the National Coronavirus Command Council which are to be held later this week.

Mthembu added that the cabinet was concerned that South Africans have grown increasingly indifferent in their response to the pandemic and are no longer following lockdown regulations.
https://businesstech.co.za/news/gov...id-19-no-longer-exists/?utm_source=newsletter

And to top our Friday

South Africa has run out of taxpayers and capital, which is why the government is now eyeing savings to get more money.
The Treasury has already confirmed plans to change rules around financial emigration and the ability to withdraw one’s retirement funds.
One of these plans is to have a three-year lock-in period for withdrawing retirement funds, which restricts a rapid flight of capital.

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/busi...n-out-of-taxpayers.html?utm_source=newsletter

And in other news...
Dimension Data taken to court over alleged racism
Andile Ngcaba is taking his former employer, Dimension Data, to court over allegations that the company paid him less than his white colleagues.
'' Ngcaba is claiming over R440 million in damages .
“His complaint is that he was not the highest-paid person at Dimension Data MEA. This complaint is without merit,” Dimension Data said.

“In his 12-year tenure at Dimension Data MEA, he received (directly and indirectly) in excess of R500 million [3 472 222 p/m]. This is significantly more than the amounts received by any other executives of Dimension Data MEA over that period.”
https://mybroadband.co.za/news/busi...ver-alleged-racism.html?utm_source=newsletter

I know most of us is into ''kaalvoet, shorts en t hemp''
But when we dress up , we do .
HERE IS SOME POINTERS what NOT to wear
[things to avoid / pass to the garden dude's direction.]

Embroidery on Clothing - you are not a cowboy , country singer or matador , if it's the POLO logo it is fine , nothing extra.
Chain Wallets- unless you are the biker / outlaw type , it may deter tsotsi's but does nothing for style.

Man bun -a traditional haircut in Medieval Japan – most commonly used by Samurai .The man bun has garnered a reputation of belonging to pretentious, overly-sensitive men.
Skinny jeans -Throw away and pick something that matches your body type.
Track suits -Unless you are going for a run or looking to get some exercise in, forgo it entirely.
Sagging pants - [Something I detest] -Prisoners were not given belts, resulting in sagging trousers and a habit carried on by these men well after their release.
Worn-Out Belts - Leather belts get worn out after a while thanks to the constant pressure inflicted by the buckle. It's important to keep up with a fresh new belt because if not, people will notice .
Popped collars -You know it if you've seen Scarface. Popped collars were staples of the 1980s… but not anymore , so keep those collars beneath the jacket.

Adding, elasticated jeans. Denim jeans is not tights or what some people now call yoga pants.

Back