Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I officially resigned yesterday , I can't cope with this one /two day a week work - going to get my provident fund money and do my own thing .
I am tired of hearing how bad it is ''there outside'' I have been outside since March and just had enough .
All the best to you @ARYANTO ,wishing you every success.

I officially resigned yesterday , I can't cope with this one /two day a week work - going to get my provident fund money and do my own thing .
I am tired of hearing how bad it is ''there outside'' I have been outside since March and just had enough .

Good luck @ARYANTO , you can do it.

P.S.
If you hit a snag, just open a consulting firm,
or start something like "Jabberwocky Project".:)

Innovative ? Aryanto negotiated a deal with management to work as an independent contractor [details to be finalized over the weekend]
At a slightly higher rate than my current salary - thus so avoiding short time and possible retrenchment w/o package early 2021 - Seeing that I am already busy in the letting/re letting market , I will focus more and more on that aspect .The money that I will receive from my provident will be partially be invested .I know it's a BOLD move but want the money out of the fund, before it get annexed like in Zim [as you know there is already talks about prov/pension funds ...]

Good luck @ARYANTO hope everything works out great for you.
Not easy to do your own thing its more work and harder but that is where you make it or break it keep strong and go to the max bud.

Good luck my friend!

Wishing you the best with whichever road you take @ARYANTO!

Good Luck Vibes_1.jpg

Indeed we should, but what should be happening will be more difficult to achieve. People don't do as they are asked to do. The UK as an example were asked to wear masks, they shouted civil liberty and the cases got worse. People were asked, protect the elderly and that never happened. I practice social distancing and three times now I have had to ask people to give me my space.

A big part of the problem is us and the fact that common sense is not so common anymore. There is no app for that.

Can't they just shut this thing down to the benefit if the public?
https://businesstech.co.za/news/med...cences-for-smartphones-tablets-and-computers/

“One of the recommendations that we made was that the definition of a television set as it stands in the legislation needs to be changed (and) expanded to take into account how the media has converged, changed and made room for content to be consumed through other devices,” she said.

What they also need to realize is that the TV License in it's original form was to pay for, or at least subsidize, the creation of and licensing of content, as well as the support required for their infrastructure to send out that signal. The majority of the income was derived from advertising. They have dismally failed to create any new content worth watching in the last 25 years in my opinion, and half the stuff they do broadcast are just reruns of content that most of us saw in our younger years anyway. Nobody is interested in watching ads or infomercial channels, and you are already flooded with more than you can handle in print and online services anyway.

They have no claim to the rights of any other media that we consume online, and we do not receive it by relying on their infrastructure either. We already pay for the service that delivers that 'signal'. They should just face facts and kill it off while they can, instead of trying to find another way to waste money like they have done so many times with SAA. If they can compete with any other content creator, they should be able to charge for the service they provide, as people would happily pay for something they rate as worth subscribing to.

I have subsidized them long enough while being a Multichoice subscriber and yet not tuning in to a single one of the 'SABC' channels. It would be better to take this bright idea and shove ... uhm, hide it where the sun don't shine.

Alan Jones reporting on South African farmers. Not the best quality video unfortunately.

Maybe one day they'll consider me for immigration as well ,for now I don't meet any of the criteria he mentions.
Maybe just the hard worker part!

ETPKZwSUMAAkPeH.jpg

Back