Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Silver And I hear you and in future I won't post anything, anywhere, as it seems that there's a tremendous amount of BS circulating.
I'll take it up with our Security too.

EDIT: I'm deleting that post from both threads

No problem @Hooked
Nothing against you, your intentions were and always are good

I just think that before sharing something, try check the original source. Not directed at you but to all of us.
If you can’t find the source but you still feel it’s important to share, then state that.

I have a family WhatsApp group. Usually not that busy. It’s crazy in the past few weeks my cousins have shared every “false” story including that one where the guy is facing criminal charges (about the screening). There have been about 5 such stories that have been shared in the past 2 weeks or so.

I don’t know why some members of our family feel the urge to share such stuff so quickly. On one or two occasions I have read the entire story (some of them are long) and asked a question. The family member who shared it couldn’t answer. When I checked again it turns out they didn’t even read it properly.

So my feeling on this is if you aren’t going to read something and add value by “screening” info for your family, then don’t just pass on stuff without even checking.

Anyway, it wastes time and sometimes heightens the stress level. And it’s unnecessary.

I think in times like these one needs to be careful with information, not just the physical virus issues...

09:30- Day 12
Had a braai last night and a couple of gin and sprites - nice , gave my last 6 beers to the girls in the cottage , still have 2.5 bottles gin left over for myself and then there is still the red wine collection...
MY ''baby'' vaper is getting along quite well - showed him a few tips and tricks and filled up his tank , he can't wait to get his own gear , can relate .
Otherwise -all quiet on the north eastern front - Cases update from last night: 1686 confirmed cases and 12 deaths.

@Silver, these Whatsapps are getting ridiculous:
"This evening between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m., a satellite using a laser will be used to measure the body temperature of the population in order to determine the current infection rate with Covid-19 within South Africa.

Please stand naked in the garden or at your front door and hold your ID card up with your right hand. Remember your mask!
Thank you for your co-operation."

:facepalm:

"This evening between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m., a satellite using a laser will be used to measure the body temperature of the population in order to determine the current infection rate with Covid-19 within South Africa.

Please stand naked in the garden or at your front door and hold your ID card up with your right hand. Remember your mask!

Wait, was that fake?

MY Broadband :
ICASA has issued regulations which state that network operators must send subscribers regular SMS messages about the COVID-19 pandemic.

Specifically, the regulations state that operators must send at least two public announcements per day regarding the prevention and management of COVID-19.

They must also send notifications of all announcements by the Minister of Health or the Presidency.

These SMS messages must be free of charge to subscribers.

that's not as funny as the people that complied! Thought I was seeing things when I was closing my room windows last night...this after watching a horror last night!

@ARYANTO has created major fomo with these zoo biscuits :) I haven't had these biscuits in years. Today I was ordering from the Checkers Sixty app for absolute essentials, as the order can only be delivered to a family member's house not too far from us because our address is not covered by Checkers. My wife asked me after seeing the order list, "why do we have zoo biscuits as essentials?" o_O
That used to my favorite too. The last text I bought a pack the individuals that didn't want, didn't leave me even one.

Some bananas were reaching the end of their lifespan, so banana bread for a snack and treat, gluten free. Also did some spinach and bacon breakfast muffins, but they were gone before I could get a picture.:)
9E121E45-9F47-4D9A-A6D8-AAE772911648.jpeg

Maybe you shouldn't delete the posts (it's good to know what is out there).

Too late - already deleted. If it is indeed fake news I don't want to get into trouble with the law for spreading it. I'll stick to peanut butter instead.

Some bananas were reaching the end of their lifespan, so banana bread for a snack and treat, gluten free. Also did some spinach and bacon breakfast muffins, but they were gone before I could get a picture.:)
View attachment 193637

I'm vaping Banana Bread at the moment and it's really good - Asylum OCD by Nailed It Liquids (previously called Sickboy) @Sickboy77

My brother and I (he moved to Yzer a week before lockdown!) went to get our annual flu shots today and I was impressed with how the GP is managing the situation. We had to wait outside and her assistant (a paramedic) came to us to give the injection. No payment was made at the time; instead they'll email the bill and we can EFT. Only those who need to consult the doctor are allowed in and then only two people at a time.

20200407_Graeme Flu Shot.jpg

The pharmacy, on the other hand, is a different kettle of fish. On the first day of lockdown they also allowed only 2 people in at a time, but not since then. Apparently all the old Tannies complained about having to stand outside. :facepalm: The pharmacy is so small you can't swing a cat in there, so it's more like social suffocating than social distancing. If you weren't sick before you went in, you probably will be afterwards.

And more news ...

Our local Spar is getting perspex screens to put up in front of the cashiers.

I went shopping today and it was interesting to see that many more shoppers are now wearing masks or scarves wrapped around their faces. At the beginning I was the only one. The guy weighing the fruit & veg is also masked up, but with the mask below his nostrils. That helps. Maybe he was feeling suffocated. I definitely can not wear the mask for a long time. It's awful - feels as if I can't breathe. So when I do my shopping I walk slower than usual, otherwise I get all hot and bothered to the extent that my glasses even mist up!

Got a bottle right here too :D

Take a pic of the juice with the biscuits and tag Mr. Hardwick's - he'll love that! Title it something like THESE are getting me through Lockdown.

EDIT:
Ohhh didn't see your pic - but don't tag Mr. Hardwick's because that's not his brand lol

Back