Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
09:30- Day 12
Had a braai last night and a couple of gin and sprites - nice , gave my last 6 beers to the girls in the cottage , still have 2.5 bottles gin left over for myself and then there is still the red wine collection...
MY ''baby'' vaper is getting along quite well - showed him a few tips and tricks and filled up his tank , he can't wait to get his own gear , can relate .
Otherwise -all quiet on the north eastern front - Cases update from last night: 1686 confirmed cases and 12 deaths.

It's a great feeling when a new vaper takes to it so well. I also know a new vaper who is absolutely loving it, but she would like to try another flavour which she can't do at the moment due to lockdown.

Day 12,

I drove around town at lunchtime and I was shocked by the number of cars on the streets. There was more of a Sunday morning vibe than a “I am Legend” atmosphere :facepalm:
upload_2020-4-7_17-17-49.jpeg
P.S in case someone didn’t watch the movie, it’s quite awesome!

Thought my town trips were done for the remainder of the Lockdown, but alas. Need plenty of sugar. Tomorrow's mission lemonade syrup and still deciding on on what to do with the Guavas. Maybe some fruit roll or can it to eat with some ice cream later :confundio1:
IMG-20200407-WA0021.jpeg
IMG-20200407-WA0023.jpeg

Well I've released one thing from this lock down, I don't like non icy juice anymore. Ran out of ws23 last week and none of my old recipes taste right.

Here's something to do if you're up with the birds on the 8th.

Largest super full moon of 2020 visible in SA
https://www.getaway.co.za/travel-news/largest-super-full-moon-of-2020-visible-in-sa/
7 April 2020

"The largest super full moon of 2020, also known as a pink moon in parts of the northern hemisphere, will be visible in South Africa on 8 April at 4:35 am.

When a full moon is on its closest approach to Earth, it is called a super full moon. When the Moon’s orbit is closest to Earth, it sits on the point of perigee. The best time to enjoy a super full moon, or any other full moon, is just after moonrise, when the Moon is close to the horizon. Just before moonset is also a good time..."

Day 13 : Up early again and got some cool pics.Thank you for the post above @Hooked
20200408043853.JPG 20200408043910.JPG

Great pics @MrGSmokeFree
I went outside and could not believe how bright the moon is!!!

DAY 13 08:23
Nearly missed the Pikit up lorry , my dustbin contained more Coke bottles and Zoo cookie wrappers than anything else ...:D
Otherwise all quiet , local wildlife haven't emerged yet so its peaceful .Nothing planned and are contemplating crawling back into bed .
LAST NIGHTS STATS :1749 and 13 fatalities.
13:00 -Woke up for the second time today - still quiet , saw SAPS pulling a plumber's van over ,10 secs later they let him go .

Last edited:
Here's something to do if you're up with the birds on the 8th.

Largest super full moon of 2020 visible in SA
https://www.getaway.co.za/travel-news/largest-super-full-moon-of-2020-visible-in-sa/
7 April 2020

"The largest super full moon of 2020, also known as a pink moon in parts of the northern hemisphere, will be visible in South Africa on 8 April at 4:35 am.

When a full moon is on its closest approach to Earth, it is called a super full moon. When the Moon’s orbit is closest to Earth, it sits on the point of perigee. The best time to enjoy a super full moon, or any other full moon, is just after moonrise, when the Moon is close to the horizon. Just before moonset is also a good time..."

It's all lies. The earth is flat. @MrGSmokeFree faked the photos (look at his other photos in the "picture paints a thousand words" thread. They are all smoke and mirror pics. He conspired with his friend @Hooked to trick us into believing that the earth is round.

The moon is always the same distance from the earth.

upload_2020-4-8_9-15-18.jpeg

Day 12,

I drove around town at lunchtime and I was shocked by the number of cars on the streets. There was more of a Sunday morning vibe than a “I am Legend” atmosphere :facepalm:
View attachment 193644
P.S in case someone didn’t watch the movie, it’s quite awesome!
This is a huge problem...people not taking it seriously and we only have a few days left....the government wont be able to keep up with people still roaming about.

@MrGSmokeFree @Silver were you guys really outside so early watching the moon so waiting for that global satellite to scan your temps!? o_O

I went outside
Indeed.
At about 515am
Moon was amazing!

I saw the satellite temp monitoring system too!
It took my temp but it was ok at 36.4 degrees C

Good idea - print one out and play:risas3: courtesy EWN
uorcibj4rpysxcicvpt2

I went outside
Indeed.
At about 515am
Moon was amazing!

I saw the satellite temp monitoring system too!
It took my temp but it was ok at 36.4 degrees C
New way of telling time ? is that hours into lockup or ? :number_one:
It's so good to see we still have our funny side intact .

It's all lies. The earth is flat. @MrGSmokeFree faked the photos (look at his other photos in the "picture paints a thousand words" thread. They are all smoke and mirror pics. He conspired with his friend @Hooked to trick us into believing that the earth is round.

The moon is always the same distance from the earth.

View attachment 193680
Believe it or not quite a few people actually do fall for it and believe the world is round, well fool them if they just keep going in a boat in one direction until they fall off the edge!:monoloco:

the-black-horizon-ii-2.jpeg

First batch of lemonade syrup is underway. Going to have very strong hand and forearm muscles after all this lemon squeezing :pesas:
IMG_20200408_151740.jpg

Believe it or not quite a few people actually do fall for it and believe the world is round, well fool them if they just keep going in a boat in one direction until they fall off the edge!:monoloco:

View attachment 193688

So the earth is like a cool infinity pool? maybe thats where they got the idea from :-D so where does all the water that falls off the edge go?.... on the "Flat Earth" not on the infinity pool:THINKINGTROLL:

So the earth is like a cool infinity pool? maybe thats where they got the idea from :-D so where does all the water that falls off the edge go?.... on the "Flat Earth" not on the infinity pool:THINKINGTROLL:
It does not fall over the edge, it curls around to the other side which is the world Game of Thrones was made in. Sure everybody knows that!

Regards

Back