Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
07th-jan-732x1024.jpg

An ‘African passport’ is expected to roll out in 2021 – what it means for South Africa
''The Free movement of persons in Africa is expected to deliver several key benefits for all participating countries, including South Africa, such as:

• Boosting intra-Africa trade, commerce and tourism;
  • Facilitating labour mobility, intra-Africa knowledge and skills transfer;
  • Promoting pan-African identity, social integration and tourism;
  • Improving trans-border infrastructure and shared development;
  • Fostering a comprehensive approach to border management;
  • Promoting rule of law, human rights, and public health.''
  • https://businesstech.co.za/news/lif...means-for-south-africa/?utm_source=newsletter

An ‘African passport’ is expected to roll out in 2021 – what it means for South Africa
''The Free movement of persons in Africa is expected to deliver several key benefits for all participating countries, including South Africa, such as:

• Boosting intra-Africa trade, commerce and tourism;
    • Facilitating labour mobility, intra-Africa knowledge and skills transfer;
    • Promoting pan-African identity, social integration and tourism;
    • Improving trans-border infrastructure and shared development;
    • Fostering a comprehensive approach to border management;
    • Promoting rule of law, human rights, and public health.''
Hier kom k#k!
We'll end up with an even bigger influx of poorer African countries citizens, and our new passports are going to be a LOT more restricted than they currently are!
It opens up the door for the megalomaniacal vision African leaders certainly share, meaning they're all going to be touting for that "President of Africa for life" position ...
I'll skip the middle points as not worth comment, and jump to the last point of promoting rule of law, human rights and public health ...
Should I laugh or cry ... What law? Our Xenophobia is the polar opposite of the AU's intention statement with respect human rights, and we have a seriously compromised, very limited, and diminishing public health system .... {nuff said}

Hier kom k#k!
We'll end up with an even bigger influx of poorer African countries citizens, and our new passports are going to be a LOT more restricted than they currently are!
It opens up the door for the megalomaniacal vision African leaders certainly share, meaning they're all going to be touting for that "President of Africa for life" position ...
I'll skip the middle points as not worth comment, and jump to the last point of promoting rule of law, human rights and public health ...
Should I laugh or cry ... What law? Our Xenophobia is the polar opposite of the AU's intention statement with respect human rights, and we have a seriously compromised, very limited, and diminishing public health system .... {nuff said}
Their attitude is ''half of Africa is here already , let's get the other half in here too.''

Always good to keep an eye on what's currently happening in China. After all the Covid 19 pandemic started there and look where we are now worldwide
what happens in China ends up affecting us all. This is from a few days ago

Last edited:
UK extends SA travel ban, shuts borders to 11 more African countries and closes resident ‘loophole’
https://www.businessinsider.co.za/t...countries-and-closes-resident-loophole-2021-1
6 Jan. 2021

• South African travellers are still banned from entering the UK following an extension which will be reviewed on 23 January.
  • Several countries in Southern Africa have also been added to the ban amid a growing second wave of Covid-19 infections.
  • Returning British and Irish nationals, who could previously avoid self-isolation through a “Test to Release” scheme, will be forced to quarantine for ten days.
"... People who have travelled from or through Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Eswatini, Zambia, Malawi, Lesotho, Mozambique, Angola, Seychelles, or Mauritius since the start of 2021 will be barred from entering the UK."

You’ll lose access to WhatsApp after 8 Feb, unless you agree to Facebook data sharing
https://www.businessinsider.co.za/t...share-personal-data-facebook-elon-musk-2021-1
7 Jan. 2021

"... In an announcement sent out to users on Wednesday, WhatsApp said users will have to agree to let Facebook and its subsidiaries collect WhatsApp data, including user phone numbers, contacts' phone numbers, location, and more.

If users do not agree by 8 February, they will lose access, WhatsApp has confirmed...

The move prompted calls for users to delete their WhatsApp accounts and switch to smaller encrypted messaging apps such Signal and Telegram..."

[My comment: Has anyone received the announcement mentioned above? I haven't.]

You’ll lose access to WhatsApp after 8 Feb, unless you agree to Facebook data sharing
https://www.businessinsider.co.za/t...share-personal-data-facebook-elon-musk-2021-1
7 Jan. 2021

"... In an announcement sent out to users on Wednesday, WhatsApp said users will have to agree to let Facebook and its subsidiaries collect WhatsApp data, including user phone numbers, contacts' phone numbers, location, and more.

If users do not agree by 8 February, they will lose access, WhatsApp has confirmed...

The move prompted calls for users to delete their WhatsApp accounts and switch to smaller encrypted messaging apps such Signal and Telegram..."

[My comment: Has anyone received the announcement mentioned above? I haven't.]

Not received a message.

But doesn't the fb app already collect that info?

Edit: Yes it does.

Screenshot_20210108-123817_Google Play Store.jpg

John Dillermand..

A kids show released in Dennemark about a man with a rather large and talented member.

Here's the intro

Wtf 2021?

Let me raise your hackles ...

''According to a June 2020 document seen by Bloomberg, the ANC proposes paying a R500 monthly grant to those aged 19 to 59 who aren’t normally eligible for other aid would cost the state R197.8 billion a year.
Between 50% and 60% of the money could be recouped by levying extra taxes on those with jobs, it said.''
Government to look at basic income grant for South Africa
https://businesstech.co.za/news/fin...south-africa-ramaphosa/?utm_source=newsletter

Back