Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Day 24,
Had a very restful day, barely left the bedroom. I think I finished all the YouTube videos on Scientology and made my mind that it’s not for me. Sorry Katy Holmes:wait:

The timing of this virus is so unfortunate. There's a restaurant here called Kaijaiki - @Andre knows the place - and once a week, during winter, they have a Soup & Sherry evening - and home-made bread. I doubt that it will take place this year.

@ARYANTO Coke and vodka? Never heard of that combo. Interesting.
How to Make a Vodka Coke Cocktail
Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 oz. vodka
  • 3 oz. Coke
  • Lime wedge
Get the Mexican Coke. It’s extra delicious. It’s said to be made with pure cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup.

It’s not any healthier but I think it has a more pure taste.

Also, the bottle is super cute.
Vodka and Coke are tasty together. But it is really easy to jazz up this simple cocktail idea even more.

[https://www.cupcakesandcutlery.com/stupid-easy-vodka-and-coke-cocktail-idea/]

By just adding one other flavor component, you can make all kinds of variations to the recipe.

How to Make a Vodka Coke Cocktail
Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 oz. vodka
  • 3 oz. Coke
  • Lime wedge
Get the Mexican Coke. It’s extra delicious. It’s said to be made with pure cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup.

It’s not any healthier but I think it has a more pure taste.

Also, the bottle is super cute.
Vodka and Coke are tasty together. But it is really easy to jazz up this simple cocktail idea even more.

[https://www.cupcakesandcutlery.com/stupid-easy-vodka-and-coke-cocktail-idea/]

By just adding one other flavor component, you can make all kinds of variations to the recipe.

@ARYANTO I'll try it one day as a massive sugar-high treat!

Best part is the Parson's Nose, what do you think?

C'mon everyone - what's the best part of the chicken for you?

This reminded me of my late grannies elder brother.

He used to call that part of the chicken the Pastors nose !!!

Attempted to catch the lightning.

Well I was outside at the time and the lightning decided to arrive.

First time trying that, as I've only really started using the phone for pics since lockdown started.
I'm sure I will get better at it over time.

PSX_20200426_184441.jpg

Last edited:
Attempted to catch the lightning.

Well I was outside at the time and the lightning decided to arrive.

First time trying that, as I've only really started using the phone for pics since lockdown started.
I'm sure I will get better at it over time.

View attachment 195027

The lightning in Jhb used to frighten, yet fascinate me. It's seldom that we get it down here.

2020-04-26 21.00.33.jpg
I am SO glad my wife loves to bake! Man this cake is lekker:headbang:

The lightning in Jhb used to frighten, yet fascinate me. It's seldom that we get it down here.

Our previous home when I first moved to JHB was a complex still being built. In an area still being built. So dozens of cranes. Those late night lightning storms used to be insane, hitting cranes all the time. We eventually used to have to wake up to keep the dogs calm though the storm.

Ok. I watched it completely.
They have a few good points then they have skipped more good points.
Their issue is the hospital's is getting empty, there's less infection etc.
I would have an issue too if my work got less.
In my opinion they going about this thing wrong. The issue they have the most trouble with is , and they're not saying this outright...this whole phenomenon is being managed wrong.
If they're workload is getting less then I think they should go help out at another hospital where they're needed.
So I'm still not totally sold on what they're suggesting.

Then you've missed the most important point:
On the one side you have many people with the various life threatening conditions sitting at home afraid (and many of them will die alone), on the other side you have half-empty hospitals that could help them.

Back