Maggie Follett

Vaper Rising

VaperRising
LV

Awards
I'm with you all the way here! My Chrome spell checker isn't working with this new editor but now at least I can cut and paste from Word so I type my message in word run the spell check and then paste it into the forums! I still don't know how I passed matric English all those years ago!

Oh and welcome aboard!

Hi. I'm not sure if I'm the right place. I'm a Capetonian newbie (happy ex-puffer and three-week vaper) and journalist, who decided to take up vaping, partly so as to write a well-researched, unbiased article that informed the South African public about the practice, as there's so much bullsh*t in the media. I was concerned that the (higher) powers-that-be would squash the article, but I'm chuffed to say that the Cape Times has just told me they love it, and will publish the piece as is! I just need to add a comprehensive list of Cape Town outlets and online stores, plus a list of reputable online suppliers throughout SA. I have quite a few names, but I'm sure there are several out there. Can anyone help? This is urgent, but more importantly, I'm desperately looking for two or three 350 kb (minimum) photographs. I need one shot of a range of vaping gear (if possible, from e-cigs right up to mods), maybe with various juices, and another good one of someone/people vaping. They don't pay much for pics, but obviously I'll credit the sourece/photographer. Everyone is welcome to join my unbiased Facebook group VAPE ESCAPE MZANSI. And that's it from me. Looking forward to sharing with you. Best, Maggie

To all the new members a WARM

Welcome.jpeg

I'm sure members will sort you out quickly with awesome info as requested and required photos @maggie follett

Hi. I'm not sure if I'm the right place. I'm a Capetonian newbie (happy ex-puffer and three-week vaper) and journalist, who decided to take up vaping, partly so as to write a well-researched, unbiased article that informed the South African public about the practice, as there's so much bullsh*t in the media. I was concerned that the (higher) powers-that-be would squash the article, but I'm chuffed to say that the Cape Times has just told me they love it, and will publish the piece as is! I just need to add a comprehensive list of Cape Town outlets and online stores, plus a list of reputable online suppliers throughout SA. I have quite a few names, but I'm sure there are several out there. Can anyone help? This is urgent, but more importantly, I'm desperately looking for two or three 350 kb (minimum) photographs. I need one shot of a range of vaping gear (if possible, from e-cigs right up to mods), maybe with various juices, and another good one of someone/people vaping. They don't pay much for pics, but obviously I'll credit the sourece/photographer. Everyone is welcome to join my unbiased Facebook group VAPE ESCAPE MZANSI. And that's it from me. Looking forward to sharing with you. Best, Maggie
Most welcome to the forum. Here is a lot of pictures of a recent Vape Meet in Johannesburg: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/media/users/gizmo.1/.
Methinks their are in the public domain. If you want higher resolution, just PM @Gizmo.
There is a list on Cape outlets here: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/vape-outlets-in-rsa.2749/
Shout if you need more help.

Welcome @maggie follett

This is fantastic news!!! I'm sure a couple of forumites will help you out with the photos.

We do have a list of Vendors, just looking for it now. (New @Andre would come to the rescue :giggle:)

Hope you enjoy the forum and jour own vaping jurney

Thanks! It's a pity the piece is going into a regional paper, but at least the online link can be shared all over.

I've called the article "STEAMING INTO VAPELAND - The Burning Issue".

I see I'm already getting responses. Great stuff. I need to get my supplier list onto the end of the piece before tomorrow. I have a day or two to get pics. xxx

P.S. How do I add the funky 'smoke-free' gedoente at the end?

Thanks! It's a pity the piece is going into a regional paper, but at least the online link can be shared all over.

I've called the article "STEAMING INTO VAPELAND - The Burning Issue".

I see I'm already getting responses. Great stuff. I need to get my supplier list onto the end of the piece before tomorrow. I have a day or two to get pics. xxx

P.S. How do I add the funky 'smoke-free' gedoente at the end?

The funky "smoke-free"gedoente (hahahaha thats so funny) you just need to clik on someones and it will take you to a page were you can create your own. Then just copy and paste the link into your signature link on your personal profile.

Welcome @maggie follett good to see you here on the forum, this place is amazing!!! if you thought there was a big vaping community on facebook, you will be filled with amazement of all the discussions going on here!!! the pic i sent you on facebook was from @TylerD 's collection that he had :)

I see one or two Gizmo's collection of the JHB Vape Meet that look like fun. The difficulty lies in selecting a good shot of someone vaping, but not cloud-chasing, as the public won't like that. Get my reasoning?

Thanks so much, folks.

BTW, any Vape Meets in the Cape?

I see one or two Gizmo's collection of the JHB Vape Meet that look like fun. The difficulty lies in selecting a good shot of someone vaping, but not cloud-chasing, as the public won't like that. Get my reasoning?

Thanks so much, folks.

BTW, any Vape Meets in the Cape?
Oh yes, check out this thread: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/ca...apoli-shop-4-westport-square-sandown-rd.2219/.

Some pictures here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.839341789428888.1073741845.201486789881061&type=1

Last edited:

Did anyone take pics?
The funky "smoke-free"gedoente (hahahaha thats so funny) you just need to clik on someones and it will take you to a page were you can create your own. Then just copy and paste the link into your signature link on your personal profile.

Am I in the right zone here? I have a list of Cape suppliers (some of whom I know and have dealt with; others whom I will hopefully meet soon), but does anyone know how many physical retail outlets we have? I only know of BSquare and VapeMob. Where else can you actually walk in and buy gear and juice in Slaapstad?

Did anyone take pics?
Yes, that is the facebook album link I provided, but also clouds you do not like, understandably. @Pappi was the photographer.
There are the Twisp kiosks in the various malls of course. Here and there you will get vape stuff as a sideline in some shops, but we do not have that on record.

Thanks for the votes, peeps! Cool. I feel welcome. I'm new to forums (though an old Facebook tart), so I need to repeat my question here. Apart from BSquare and Vapemob, what other walk-in suppliers are there in CT?

Also, the pics I send to Cape Times MUST be 350kb minimum, otherwise they won't publish them.

Clouds of affection,

Mags

P.S. I guess I'd better change my FB pic again. I'm definitely no longer in my late 20s, when the pic was taken. I put it up a few days ago, during a discussion with someone.

Yes, that is the facebook album link I provided, but also clouds you do not like, understandably. @Pappi was the photographer.
There are the Twisp kiosks in the various malls of course. Here and there you will get vape stuff as a sideline in some shops, but we do not have that on record.

Ja, I know. Apparently the kiosks are 'illegal'. Tobacconists also have some stock. So, here's only BSquare in Voortrekker Road and VapeMob in Wynberg where you can walk in and buy supplies then?

I for one would certainly object to any pictures with me in them being published in the media, for professional reasons. I will not provide my consent for the pics of me from the vape meet being used. It is quite simply, not good for my line of business.

I for one would certainly object to any pictures with me in them being published in the media, for professional reasons. I will not provide my consent for the pics of me from the vape meet being used. It is quite simply, not good for my line of business.

Fair enough for you :) I dont mind :p But then again its exellent for me in my line of business haha :p

I think @maggie follett can have a look at pics, post them here and ask the photographers / persons in the photos permission before going ahead.

I have all the original photos from both Vape meets in full size so I can send them in any size should @maggie follett wish to use any of them

Should we start a new thread for her and move all relating posts?

Yup I think that's a great idea Stroods :)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

OK, folks, due to space, I simply can't add all the assuredly excellent national suppliers. The article is for a Cape regional paper, so please respect that, as well as the fact that my pro-vaping argument runs to over 1,750 words, whereas I was given a limit of 1,500. If any Cape supplier wishes to amend info or add their names to the list below, please do so now, as this copy must be filed tonight.

It reads thus:

"Walk-in (and online) Cape Town outlets include BSquare Vaping (LiQua brand), VapeMOB, Lekka Vapors and Vape Africa. Various local tobacconists stock DiGiCig and DiGiLiQ (also available online). Other Cape retailers supply by appointment and/or online, such as Valley Vapour, Vape Store, Vapour Mountain, Cape Vaping Supplies, Just B Juices and VapeX Customs, and SubOhm Vapor (premium ‘artisanal’ e-juice) is coming our way soon. A plethora of other reliable suppliers exists countrywide … but before you commit to (or denounce) the notion of vaping, do your own research!

An excellent forum, sharing tips, personal experiences and detailed supplier info is www.ecigssa.co.za

P.S. For an eloquent argument in support of vaping, see: http://digicig.co.za/arguing-e-cigarettes-qa-seen-www-clivebates-com/"

ENDS//

Back