Major pitstop

I clean them out, put them in a bowl with hot water, a few drops of sunlight and add some hand sanitizer in there too and let it stand for half an hour (you can overnight too). Just watch out for resin tanks and driptips, dont use sanitizer on them, they will stain white. Rinse it all off with hot water again to make sure you get all the soap and sanitizer out and stack them out still hot to air dry.

Anyone got advice on removing stubborn old vape juice residues out of tanks? Got about 12 Zeus tanks with flavour that's been sitting in them for about a year

Remove (and replace) all the o-rings. Sunlight Dishwashing liquid in an Ultrasonic with hot water.

And a cotton bud while they are still wet for the stubborn stains, corners etc. Especially around the posts, inside the chimney and inside the drip tip

Ok, laugh if you want, but denture cleaner tablets also work a treat. You get a little box and a tablet, put parts inside with said tablet and leave for a while. Definitely breaks down any junk. I take the o rings off. Brush with soft tooth brush, you can get disposable electric ones for about R70

medias

Last edited:
Ok, laugh if you want, but denture cleaner tablets also work a treat. You get a little box and a tablet, put parts inside with said tablet and leave for a while. Definitely breaks down any junk. I take the o rings off. Brush with soft tooth brush, you can get disposable electric ones for about R70

medias

Be careful of using denture tabs etc... it does horrible things to aluminium. Stainless steel is OK but it tooks me ages to restore a REO I made the mistake of bathing with denture tabs!

Hi Rob, on average, are you vaping on one device for 24 hours before it goes into the pit stop pool? It fascinates me. On average I am going on about 50ml of E-Liquid before a rewick and do it when I feel the flavour is dropping or changing a bit. But being at home most of the time, for me it's not a problem. If I go out for a day I take two devices just incase.

Hi Rob, on average, are you vaping on one device for 24 hours before it goes into the pit stop pool? It fascinates me. On average I am going on about 50ml of E-Liquid before a rewick and do it when I feel the flavour is dropping or changing a bit. But being at home most of the time, for me it's not a problem. If I go out for a day I take two devices just incase.

@Stew I tend to have two Dvarw's operational every day... I do around 3 to 4 refills per Dvarw (18ml to 24ml) before they go into the Pit Stop section. Having vaped one liquid on the same tank for a long time now I am very tuned into any flavour changes and at the first sign of a drop in flavour I fill a new tank!

When I travel it's normally pretty busy so having so many Dvarw's is awesome because I just fill a new one or two each day and off I go... when I get a break it's a major pitstop. The only issue is I haven't travelled for a while now and I just stare longingly at my suitcase every day!

Next month we are off for a week up the North Coast so looking forward to that!

Thanks Rob. Fascinating to see it all. LOL. I would go mad doing a batch like that.

Wicked up while watching The Devil Vaper live show... should be ok for a week or two now...

20210224_212935.jpg

This one was just a minor pit stop, I was pif'd some Coil master comp wire from @DarthBranMuffin . Looked for .5 and got .48. !0 wraps.

The flavour changed to being just that little bit crisper than my twisted, but the ramp up and cool down is much quicker. Smaller coil at 2.5 mm ID as opposed to the 3 MM I usually run. Really good wire to work with, holds it's shape very well.IMG_20210225_084322.jpg

@Stranger, I thought I would mention I have gotten into a habit of releasing the fire button but still carry on drawing air for a little while after releasing the fire button. It does seem to cool the coil down a bit doing it that way.

I hear you @Stew , but I try to build to perfection. Not that I would ever achieve it but I want to come close.

For me that is a quick ramp up, consistent power and a quick cool down. Bear in mind this is just for the ADV. The session gear is completely different. There I want instant power, instant heat, a short draw and lots of flavour. The beauty of mechs is that you can build for just that. I have a huge tri core clapton in my Blotto at the mo, instant power on the M VV II. Huge clouds and massive flavour with a very short 2 sec draw, but I can't vape that all day. The ADV needs to provide that nic fix that the stinkies used to do.

Same with juices, I diy or one shot for different setups. Passionade in the Tauren solo on the Furyan is divine but it chews juice like a Dragon eats knights. Banana custard in the Loop is also like eating a Michelin star desert but you have to have that coil and power just right to achieve that.

If I have learned one thing in my time on this forum, .............. it is OK to fail. I don't cry anymore if I have to chuck a coil and some cotton. ;(

Last edited:
Major PitStop for the Dvarw's! Heading up the North Coast next week for a break and some family and friends bonding time! Baby Choo ain't gonna be happy but I may come back a few times to check on her.

Coil and O-Ring inspection!
Dvarw PitStop 1.jpg

Tools, coils and Mavaton ready!
Dvarw PitStop 3.jpg

A few get new coils! And this one got new O-Rings!
Dvarw PitStop 4.jpg Dvarw PitStop 5.jpg

The casualties!
Dvarw PitStop 6.jpg

Lub up the O-Rings with PG.
Dvarw PitStop 7.jpg

All done! Bazinga!
Dvarw PitStop 8.jpg

Some Stratum Submariner maintenance before a week away on holiday! Battery tube, positive post and 510 pin polish! Good to go with my favourite mod!
Stratum Submariner Maint 1.jpg Stratum Submariner Maint 2.jpg

Anyone got advice on removing stubborn old vape juice residues out of tanks? Got about 12 Zeus tanks with flavour that's been sitting in them for about a year
Please give me a shout if you ever want to offload a Zeus Single...

Only did a tiny pit stop tonight, this week's rotation :
Ether with Panama
Pioneer with Arabian Nights
Siren v2 with Apple Crumble Milkshake
IMG_20210310_224353_648.jpg

Back