MMA & Boxing thread

The women's bantamweight title is seemingly the belt nobody wants. Holly beats Ronda, Miesha beats Holly, Amanda beats Miesha, anybody see Amanda keeping the belt for longer than one fight? Things were a lot simpler when Ronda was just arm-barring everybody in round 1. :p

What do you guys think?
Diaz vs McGregor?
Rumble vs Teixeira? Story vs Cowboy?
Excited for this one!

No controversy in my mind , he won that fight , do doubt !

he dropped Diaz 3 times , took his leg apart and landed a shitload of very clean punches.......

Diaz is on tough MF.

anybody see Amanda keeping the belt for longer than one fight?

Well, she kept it long enough to matter. Ronda wanted her belt and got a belting instead. Props to her for staying on her feet, even though she was never in the fight. Amanda clearly hits like a train. Neither Miesha nor Ronda, who both have solid chins, could stand up to her. Amanda just lit them both up. Jeez, check what is happening to Ronda's face in this shot:

amandaronda.jpg

Rather Ronda than me.

Cody Garbrandt vs Dominic Cruz - I really like Cody, he's dynamic and has some serious knock out power but I really expected Dom's foot movement and odd style to get the better of him. Man was I wrong and I'm happy that Cody took the fight to Dominic, rounds 1,3 & 4 I gave to Cody. Round 2 saw a bit of action from Dominic and round 5 I sooner forget, Cody seemed to know he'd done enough to win the fight and was basically riding the round out trying to avoid a knock out from Cruz.

As for Ronda Rousey, she cant box but she sure has some great dance moves that are kicking off! Learn how to move like Rousey HERE

Well, she kept it long enough to matter. Ronda wanted her belt and got a belting instead. Props to her for staying on her feet, even though she was never in the fight. Amanda clearly hits like a train. Neither Miesha nor Ronda, who both have solid chins, could stand up to her. Amanda just lit them both up. Jeez, check what is happening to Ronda's face in this shot:

View attachment 80656

Rather Ronda than me.
That's true - Amanda is the real deal - but we've also seen her get TKO'd a couple of times in UFC and strike force, and a decision loss too. It looked like Cat Zingano, who beat Nunes, was going to be next in line, but then she lost to Pena... the entire division is wide open imo, except that a couple of threats are now moving to their new featherweight division. Gotta love it - such a dynamic sport

Cody Garbrandt vs Dominic Cruz - I really like Cody, he's dynamic and has some serious knock out power but I really expected Dom's foot movement and odd style to get the better of him. Man was I wrong and I'm happy that Cody took the fight to Dominic, rounds 1,3 & 4 I gave to Cody. Round 2 saw a bit of action from Dominic and round 5 I sooner forget, Cody seemed to know he'd done enough to win the fight and was basically riding the round out trying to avoid a knock out from Cruz.

As for Ronda Rousey, she cant box but she sure has some great dance moves that are kicking off! Learn how to move like Rousey HERE
Fully agree. Cody was amazing - if I were a betting man, I'd have lost a lot of money on that fight!
Dillashaw has to be next, and there's gripes in that one with Dillashaw previously part of Cody's team (seen to have "dumped" the team that made him, to go and train with Duane Ludwig). But the fight I'd be most interested in seeing, if Cody holds the belt, is a rematch with Thomas Almeida!

View attachment 80656

Rather Ronda than me.
Think I might need to rename Rowdy Ronda the Reo :confused:

Thoughts on Mcgregor vs Mayweather?
Bisping vs GSP for the 185 belt? :confused:

Thoughts on Mcgregor vs Mayweather?
Bisping vs GSP for the 185 belt? :confused:

If McGregor doesn't knock Floyd out in the first few rounds then he's going to lose, FM is a marathon runner when it comes to boxing. He plays the long endurance game and beats opponents with his huge gas tank. Connor has 4 maybe 5 rounds to win, every round after that swings the game in Mayweathers favour.

My heart wants Bisping to win but I remember how dominant GSP was when he was a champ. But then again Bisping has the heart of a warrior and a solid chin, I don't see him going down without giving it his all.
Guts, power, courage says Bisping but speed, technique and ground game say the winner is GSP...

If McGregor doesn't knock Floyd out in the first few rounds then he's going to lose, FM is a marathon runner when it comes to boxing. He plays the long endurance game and beats opponents with his huge gas tank. Connor has 4 maybe 5 rounds to win, every round after that swings the game in Mayweathers favour.

My heart wants Bisping to win but I remember how dominant GSP was when he was a champ. But then again Bisping has the heart of a warrior and a solid chin, I don't see him going down without giving it his all.
Guts, power, courage says Bisping but speed, technique and ground game say the winner is GSP...
Fully agree with your thoughts on McGregor/Mayweather. One things for sure, I'll be routing for Conor to knock him out!

Bisping/GSP - with monsters like Romero, Jacare, Weidman & Rockhold in the same division, although an interesting matchup, I'm finding it hard to take this fight seriously as a title fight. It's confusing to me. What happens if GSP wins? No chance he will defend the belt against said monsters. He'd get mauled. Maybe Anderson for the belt, and then they both retire, before it gets taken by the legitimate top guy at 185? Who knows.

Fully agree with your thoughts on McGregor/Mayweather. One things for sure, I'll be routing for Conor to knock him out!

Bisping/GSP - with monsters like Romero, Jacare, Weidman & Rockhold in the same division, although an interesting matchup, I'm finding it hard to take this fight seriously as a title fight. It's confusing to me. What happens if GSP wins? No chance he will defend the belt against said monsters. He'd get mauled. Maybe Anderson for the belt, and then they both retire, before it gets taken by the legitimate top guy at 185? Who knows.

I'm also rooting for McGregor to knock Mayweather off his high horse, I been waiting a long time to see that woman beater get what he deserves...

The Bisping/GSP thing threw me by surprise as I truly didn't think GSP would come back at 185. I expected him to rejoin at 170 where he reigned but I suppose GSP is looking for a big pay day. So while I don't think it's the most interesting match up I do think that Bisping is only in it to get paid. Bisping has said he isn't running away from Joel (lets be honest here Romero is a beast - I know I'd be running for the hills) and he said he will face Joel 6 weeks after defeating GSP.

Do you think we will see McGregor/Mayweather happen in June or do you think Floyd is just blowing smoke and creating hype? I'm tired of hearing TMT and their "A-Side" comments, just fight and let the gloves decide who the real "A-Side" is.
IMO, Mayweather better be as good as he thinks he is because McGregor is going to hit him like he's never been hit before.

I'm also rooting for McGregor to knock Mayweather off his high horse, I been waiting a long time to see that woman beater get what he deserves...

The Bisping/GSP thing threw me by surprise as I truly didn't think GSP would come back at 185. I expected him to rejoin at 170 where he reigned but I suppose GSP is looking for a big pay day. So while I don't think it's the most interesting match up I do think that Bisping is only in it to get paid. Bisping has said he isn't running away from Joel (lets be honest here Romero is a beast - I know I'd be running for the hills) and he said he will face Joel 6 weeks after defeating GSP.

Do you think we will see McGregor/Mayweather happen in June or do you think Floyd is just blowing smoke and creating hype? I'm tired of hearing TMT and their "A-Side" comments, just fight and let the gloves decide who the real "A-Side" is.
IMO, Mayweather better be as good as he thinks he is because McGregor is going to hit him like he's never been hit before.
Bisping in it for the money, and GSP for the record books.
I doubt we'll see Mayweather fight in June. I'm questioning if we'll see the fight at all tbh. I hope we do, but it's a very risky fight for Mayweather and he's dangled carrots and then wriggled out of fights before. For Conor it's sort of a win-win. But honestly, I think Conor could knock him out in a boxing ring if he caught him even once.

Agree with @Greyz comment regarding Connor Mcgregor vs. Floyd Mayweather fight, if it does happen. Regarding the Bisping vs.GSP, I really can't see Bisping walk away with a win.

Mcgregor ftw.Way I see it Connor has nothing to lose,and Floyd has everything to lose.This is where it could get interesting,Floyd is gonna do his whole technical thing trying to score points,and Connor will have one thing on his mind,and thats what hes best at,landing those heavy hands.Little bit of a nostalgic feeling,thinking back to our own Soldierboy vs Jeremy Smith 1st fight,Soldierboy being very technical and balanced and Jeremy wanted to brawl,thats where it got interesting.So lets hope this fight happens,would like to see Floyd meet those Irish hands...

Sent from my Nokia 3310

I also think Mayweather is scared but he's now officially announced he's coming out of retirement to fight Conor. He can't back down after that and Conor is ready he is just waiting for the right numbers and he will sign.
I fully agree that all Conor needs is 1 good punch and he will have FM running scared. Floyd hasnt knocked anyone out since 1999 IIRC - Conor has won the majority of his fights via TKO.

I can see the puritans screaming but MMA uses 4 ounce gloves and boxing 8 or 10 ounce gloves blah blah blah. All that means to me is that it might take a few blows before Conor knocks him out. But in the end Conor is going to knock him out. Floyd knows it and his whole team knows it, thats why he only agreed to a boxing match. In the cage he wouldn't last 60 seconds...

I really hope @johan that your wrong I need Bisping to beat GSP so that we can see Bisping vs Romero. There's so much tension and fueding between those two that I want to see them settle it in the cage.

So what happened with these fights guys?
Loved reading the comments beforehand and didnt see the fights - but am curious

@johan , @Greyz, @KB_314

So what happened with these fights guys?
Loved reading the comments beforehand and didnt see the fights - but am curious

@johan , @Greyz, @KB_314

Bisping vs GSP doesn't have a date set yet AFAIK and the mad Irishman can't wait to earn some of the money that Mayweather generates.
Lots of real good boxers have tried and failed to hit Mayweather,it will be very interesting to see if CM can straighten him out!

Back