Mod charging - but not connected to charger

Hooked

Vapin' up a Storm
LV

Awards
Vapor Storm Charging.jpg

Vapor Storm starts charging as soon as I insert a battery - but it's not connected to a charger!
I tried another battery, but the same thing happens, so problem is with the mod, not the battery.

I've always wanted a self-charging mod, but this is really weird.

How on earth can this be happening? I'm too scared to use the mod, as clearly something is not quite right.

View attachment 204248

Vapor Storm starts charging as soon as I insert a battery - but it's not connected to a charger!
I tried another battery, but the same thing happens, so problem is with the mod, not the battery.

How on earth can this be happening? I'm too scared to use the mod, as clearly something is not quite right.
Please present this to the top scientific minds of our country. You just solved the load shedding problem!

View attachment 204248

Skynet has become self aware

@Hooked maybe it’s a new wireless charging technology

or there could be static electricity on a nearby blanket or the carpet

;)

View attachment 204248

@Silver Took it outside on the deck (wooden) and the same thing happens.

Have you tried reflashing the firmware?
Failing that, you have a fancy 510 stand to build your RTA's on.

Mods never really go off... they just go into sleep mode. That is why it’s advisable to remove the batteries from mods that aren’t in use.

So are you saying that when one switches the mod off (i.e. the usual 5 clicks) it's not off??? Find that difficult to believe.

So are you saying that when one switches the mod off (i.e. the usual 5 clicks) it's not off??? Find that difficult to believe.
In his defense, he's quite right.
If you press your light switch in the house 5x during an Eskom blackout, do the lights come back on? :)
There must be a small "keep alive" current to the IC thats looking for the 5 clicks on the fire button.

Any luck with reflash of the firmware?

I had exactly the same thing happen with a previous mod of mine, a Desire Rage. It wasn't actually charging - like leaving the batteries in and then putting them in another mod would show them drained or the same.
In that case it was a problem in some inner component of the circuitry, a bunch of juice had gunked it up. Opening it all up and cleaning it helped, but mod was dead soon thereafter.

Back