More News

I also have a virtual card but I've never been able to figure out how to use it!
I use my virtual card often and love using it! I use it very specifically for online purchases. Very easy and secure as well. Just not sure how to use it for filling up though.

I use my virtual card often and love using it! I use it very specifically for online purchases. Very easy and secure as well. Just not sure how to use it for filling up though.

@ivc_mixer How do you do that? When I want to pay online, my virtual card does not appear in my list of bank accounts.

@ivc_mixer How do you do that? When I want to pay online, my virtual card does not appear in my list of bank accounts.
You can only access it on your FNB Cellphone banking app. Go into your cheque or credit account, go to details, card and there you can create a new virtual card. The nice thing about them is the CVV number changes every hour.

Slow-cookers were definitely not designed with load-shedding in mind. I want to cook up some marrow-bones for soup. Ideally they should cook for 12 hours - but we never have 12 continuous hours of power!

Slow-cookers were definitely not designed with load-shedding in mind. I want to cook up some marrow-bones for soup. Ideally they should cook for 12 hours - but we never have 12 continuous hours of power!
You're so right, Slow Cookers were designed with first world in mind, and this weather certainly lends itself to stews, soups and other yummy wintery meals served from a slow cooker ... I guess the closest we're going to get to a similar? solution is to go back some 50+ years, to cast iron Pots and Stoves :rolleyes: ... mind you, there's an idea ... a cast iron / copper / aluminium replacement pot for a slow cooker would retain heat for considerably longer ... maybe @blujeenz could help :wondering:

You're so right, Slow Cookers were designed with first world in mind, and this weather certainly lends itself to stews, soups and other yummy wintery meals served from a slow cooker ... I guess the closest we're going to get to a similar? solution is to go back some 50+ years, to cast iron Pots and Stoves :rolleyes: ... mind you, there's an idea ... a cast iron / copper / aluminium replacement pot for a slow cooker would retain heat for considerably longer ... maybe @blujeenz could help :wondering:
images (10).jpeg

I'm curious about other ecigssa members load shed windows ... today so far we have had;
A carry over from yesterdays 22H00 to 01H00 (1Hour), and ... still to come;
06H00 to 09H00 (3Hours)
14H00 to 17H00 (3Hours)
22H00 to 01H00 (2Hours in todays window)
I realise my arithmetic skills have been somewhat compromised since the advent of calculators, however I calculate 9 Hours of shed per 24 Hour cycle vs. Eishkoms stated maximum Stage Four Load Shedding of 6 Hours over a 24 Hour period, split into three, two hour windows :rolleyes:

Us in Ethekwini are lucky (I use that word loosely) as we aren’t having load shedding because of the floods and all the damage that caused.

But they also say it’s coming at some stage and it could start here at anytime so…

Today in 1862 is where the RABBIT HOLE started.... so for all the serial vapers, Happy Rabbit Hole Day!!!

1656917127198.png

must this go under giggles or ''read and weep'' ?

If they're runnign on electricity, then bad luck for them. Not because of loadshedding, but because of the transnet overhead cable thefts. Diesel engines are being used more and more, because the electricity is being disrupted by the thefts.

Us in Ethekwini are lucky (I use that word loosely) as we aren’t having load shedding because of the floods and all the damage that caused.

But they also say it’s coming at some stage and it could start here at anytime so…

Your good luck just ended. I just read the article. Sorry man.

Your good luck just ended. I just read the article. Sorry man.
I saw that. It was bound to happen at some stage (pun not intended)

KZN is still so badly damaged from the floods and business is buggered. Hopefully we can survive load shedding as well.

Back