More News

And this is why there is going to a generation of people with no manners!

We eat at the table mat nights and my kids are very well drilled in the “traditional, old” ways of good table etiquette.

It was drilled into me and it is now being drilled into them!

Fuel and motor experts have called the bluff on so-called fuel-saving tablets and other related products promising to dramatically reduce fuel consumption and help consumers save money at the pump.
I think the SA Population should have paid more attention during their Science lessons at school ... particularly so when the first law of thermodynamics was discussed ... there ain't no free rides in life!

Interesting too that Sasol is mentioned ... I'm old enough to remember that South Africa established Sasol by implementing a surcharge on all petrol sold, to which said establishment was supposed to remove our reliance on crude oil, and provide a cheaper more sustainable alternative. This was a follow on to what Union Spirits, did post war / during the Great Depression, (using our sugar cane to provide Methanol) ... which incidentally was reintroduced as an additive in the early 90's!
The saga went further and ALL fuels sold in SA had a proportion of Sasol blended in, to guarantee the sales of the product, (admittedly this was long before Sasol honed their products to in fact be superior to equivalent Crude Oil products), so;
Now that we have Sasol One and Two, bought and paid for by South Africans, along with State owned Methanol producing companies that we keep mum about ... where's our cheap fuel?

Last edited:
It’s estimated that the supermoon [13/7] will reach peak illumination when full at 20:37 SAST, and will remain visible throughout the night.
This isn’t just a Supermoon, remember: It’s a Super Buck Moon! That additional word in the middle can be attributed to the time of year. In July, the deer of North America begin growing their new antlers. Farmers, woodsmen, and other nature types have been using this term for over 100 years.

Nathi Mthethwa is something of a curious character: Just months after his proposals to erect a R22 million flagpole were shot down in flames, the Sports, Art and Culture Minister has returned with a plan to plough R30 million into a National Philharmonic Orchestra (NPO).

CEO of the Cape Town Philharmonic Orchestra (CPO), Louis Heyneman, says that the project will be an ‘unnecessary duplication’ – as there are already many training programmes in place to develop young musicians.

NATHI MTHETHWA’S LATEST ‘HARE-BRAINED SCHEME’ RILES THE DA​

Indeed, Mthethwa’s desire to pump money into the arts at this stage will be criticised by many artists, who failed to receive support from his department during the crippling COVID-19 lockdowns. The DA have also labelled his plans for a new orchestra as ‘hare-brained’.

The proposals state that the orchestra, which would consist of 254 artists in total, will travel to Indonesia and Algeria as part of their first international engagements. Their first gig is meant to be in two weeks, with a performance slated for Johannesburg.

Nathi Mthethwa is something of a curious character: Just months after his proposals to erect a R22 million flagpole were shot down in flames, the Sports, Art and Culture Minister has returned with a plan to plough R30 million into a National Philharmonic Orchestra (NPO).

CEO of the Cape Town Philharmonic Orchestra (CPO), Louis Heyneman, says that the project will be an ‘unnecessary duplication’ – as there are already many training programmes in place to develop young musicians.

NATHI MTHETHWA’S LATEST ‘HARE-BRAINED SCHEME’ RILES THE DA​

Indeed, Mthethwa’s desire to pump money into the arts at this stage will be criticised by many artists, who failed to receive support from his department during the crippling COVID-19 lockdowns. The DA have also labelled his plans for a new orchestra as ‘hare-brained’.

The proposals state that the orchestra, which would consist of 254 artists in total, will travel to Indonesia and Algeria as part of their first international engagements. Their first gig is meant to be in two weeks, with a performance slated for Johannesburg.
I simply cannot understand this shit

It’s estimated that the supermoon [13/7] will reach peak illumination when full at 20:37 SAST, and will remain visible throughout the night.
This isn’t just a Supermoon, remember: It’s a Super Buck Moon! That additional word in the middle can be attributed to the time of year. In July, the deer of North America begin growing their new antlers. Farmers, woodsmen, and other nature types have been using this term for over 100 years.
1657731406979.png
18.57 , my side of the mountain

Back