More News

According to virtual private network provider Nordpass, these were five common passwords in 2021 and how long it takes to crack them:

• 123456: Less than one second to crack, with 103 million uses counted in a study
  • 123456789: Less than one second to crack, with 46 million uses counted in a study
  • 12345: Less than one second to crack, with 32 million uses counted in a study
  • qwerty: Less than one second to crack, 22 million uses counted in a study
  • password: Less than one second to crack, with 22 million uses counted in a study

Eskom’s costly Medupi disaster — damage report after generator explodes​

Eskom’s grid will have to run for another two years and four months without one of the big coal-powered generation units at its Medupi Power Plant that suffered a devastating explosion in August 2021.
Medupi Unit 4 first achieved commercial operation in November 2017 and is one of the utility’s biggest units by generating capacity.
The 720 MW unit was wrecked during a short-term outage shortly before 23:00 on 8 August 2021.
The incident was caused by operator errors when plant workers attempted to identify the source of a hydrogen leak
An investigation found the workers had failed to purge the generator of hydrogen before it mixed with oxygen, resulting in a massive blast.
The power utility now only estimates a return to service for the unit by 31 August 2024 — three years after it blew up
For reference, it took Eskom more than seven years to bring the first unit at Medupi online from the start of the plant’s construction in July 2008. It was also more than six years after work on that unit’s boiler began.
While the revised repair time is slower than initially anticipated, Eskom said it had made notable progress.

o_Oo_O
It has been reported that the Department of Sports, Arts, and Culture will spend R22-million on a 100-meter flag.
According to the department, the flag will become a national landmark and a tourist attraction site that will serve to display the country’s brand image.
R17-million is allocated for the installation of the monumental flag.
JACARANDA FM

o_Oo_O
It has been reported that the Department of Sports, Arts, and Culture will spend R22-million on a 100-meter flag.
According to the department, the flag will become a national landmark and a tourist attraction site that will serve to display the country’s brand image.
R17-million is allocated for the installation of the monumental flag.
JACARANDA FM

What a waste of money!!!!!!!!!!!

GENEVA - The Rock, the biggest white diamond ever auctioned, sold for a hammer price of 18.6 million Swiss francs ($18.8 million) on Wednesday, far short of the record for such a jewel.
The 228.31-carat stone, larger than a golf ball, was sold in Geneva by Christie's auction house.
There had been high hopes that The Rock would smash the world record for a white diamond, which stands at at $33.7 million, fetched in the Swiss city in 2017 for a 163.41-carat gem.
But the bidding, which started at 14 million francs, came to a halt after two minutes at 18.6 million, though the price will increase once taxes and the buyer's premium are added on.
The pre-sale estimate had been 19-30 million Swiss francs.
The Rock, a perfectly symmetrical pear-shaped diamond, was in the hands of an unnamed owner from North America. It was bought by a telephone bidder following the action at the Hotel des Bergues.
Max Fawcett, head of the jewels department at Christie's auction house in Geneva, said there were only a handful of diamonds of similar size and quality to The Rock.
The large diamond was extracted from a mine in South Africa in the early 2000s and has been shown in Dubai, Taipei and New York ahead of the sale in Geneva.
1652429709902.png
ewn.co.za

FYI
''
Eskom has announced that it will implement Stage 2 load-shedding from 17:00 to 22:00 on Sunday, 15 May 2022.

The power utility said it would up the level of power cuts to Stage 3 at the same times on Monday and Tuesday.

“Due to a continued loss of generating capacity, Stage 2 load-shedding will be implemented from 17:00 — 22:00 tonight, and Stage 3 will be implemented on Monday and Tuesday evening,” it said.

After that, load-shedding will be reduced to Stage 2 for the remainder of the week.''

FYI
''
Eskom has announced that it will implement Stage 2 load-shedding from 17:00 to 22:00 on Sunday, 15 May 2022.

The power utility said it would up the level of power cuts to Stage 3 at the same times on Monday and Tuesday.

“Due to a continued loss of generating capacity, Stage 2 load-shedding will be implemented from 17:00 — 22:00 tonight, and Stage 3 will be implemented on Monday and Tuesday evening,” it said.

After that, load-shedding will be reduced to Stage 2 for the remainder of the week.''
No surprise there...

And then this:

1652722273922.png

I could not find this article on my usual English sites, but basically they're predicting a 0.5% increase on inflation.

Unless you have received and signed for a formal summons, there is no need to respond to those curtesy letters or SMS's. It is futile to try and do so in any case.
At present I have two "fines" for transgressions allegedly committed in a place I would not even enter with an armoured car surrounded by the military. All I can guess is that some citizen painted my vehicle's registration number on a piece of cardboard, stuck it in his rear window and got to work trying to get top score on my licence.

Need I mention, I am really exited for the implementation of R2. A department unable to tell the difference between a clapped out Taz on a photo and a Mazda Double cab as per the registration documentation is sure to make a huge success of such a process.

Regards
Now your telling me. Something. Thanks

Back