Native Wicks

@Kaizer I must admit, I was actually looking to get cotton bacon instead but that was sold out and this was in stock so I thought why not try it out after reading about it here. I havent tried either before, I've been using Japanese cotton till this point. Still keen to try out the bacon - Ive read some pretty rad reviews on the stuff

It's almost been a month now and I'm fully converted.
I've sorted out my wicking on the RM2 and the Odin and this stuff works a charm!

It's almost been a month now and I'm fully converted.
I've sorted out my wicking on the RM2 and the Odin and this stuff works a charm!

any tips?

I'm happy with Native, just not any more that Rayon. If anything, I think I may prefer Rayon.
So I figure I could be doing something wrong.

I pack it in snug in the coil, as suggested, and I keep the tails short. It works, but I am by no means blown away as others seem.

I have played with all of them... personally find Koh Gen Doh and NAtive wicks pretty good and like you @r0gue z0mbie I have to say I prefer Rayon... not sure what juices you prefer but I think Rayon does better with Menthol JUices than the others... just that much more crisper.

@r0gue z0mbie I used to pack it as tight as I possible can, juice it, squeeze it, repeat.
I am currently not packing it nearly as tight as others have suggested.

Change the amount you use a bit, I found that when I didn't roll it that tight, it worked great for me! The Odin seems to hold liters of juice in the wick. That's just my 2c

I have played with all of them... personally find Koh Gen Doh and NAtive wicks pretty good and like you @r0gue z0mbie I have to say I prefer Rayon... not sure what juices you prefer but I think Rayon does better with Menthol JUices than the others... just that much more crisper.

I've tried with mostly custards, a bit of mint and tabaccos.

And I just cant say for sure, but i think I'm still leaning to Rayon for that little bit more flavour.

@r0gue z0mbie I used to pack it as tight as I possible can, juice it, squeeze it, repeat.
I am currently not packing it nearly as tight as others have suggested.

Change the amount you use a bit, I found that when I didn't roll it that tight, it worked great for me! The Odin seems to hold liters of juice in the wick. That's just my 2c

Thank you. I'll try a little less. I'm also using on the Odin.

Strangely, in a Magma I use during the day, low watts (10-12w) and over 1,2ohm I still prefer Jap organic. I like Native and Rayon for higher watts (20w plus).

I'm also finding a flavour drop off, and have stopped using NW in my Reo's completely. But here's the funny thing. I don't get this on one puck of Native Wicks, but do on another. This has got me seriously questioning the consistency. I seem to almost always fall back to KGD or Rayon, and I am starting to think these specific products might just be a little bit of marketing hype. Yes, they may clean well, but flavour is still muted, even after cleaning.
I think, going forward, for the time being, I'm going to stick to Rayon and KGD.

I've been testing jap cotton and rayon over the last week, and although they are good, I am back on native again. Also not packing quite as tight, about the same as rayon.

Longevity is what really sets this apart for me.

Message sent via tapatalk

I use Native wick on my low builds and rayon in my tanks as i feel they work the best in those environments! Both are great though!

Haven't tried NW and/or KGD yet, but very much doubt that it will replace my preferred Ekowool as wicking material.

I seem to favour the Cotton Bacon over NW. Been using it on dessert flavours in a Cyclone. Gives me a smoother, rounder flavour (dont know if that makes sense). The NW drops some flavour imo.

To me, KGD and Rayon gives me a harsh crispyness in flavour that I dont particulary like in dessert flavours.

I've been using the native wicks for a while now and I"m back on the Jap cotton. Better flavor for me.

hey guys, its steve here from CCI, im absolutely shocked that people know who i am in SA but i really appreciate it. i hope all that have tried native wicks like it! i had to google the security question to get in here! but i just wanted to show some appreciation!

hey guys, its steve here from CCI, im absolutely shocked that people know who i am in SA but i really appreciate it. i hope all that have tried native wicks like it! i had to google the security question to get in here! but i just wanted to show some appreciation!

A very warm welcome Steve!

We have a very active vaping community here and if there is something new and exciting we are all over it like a rash! :)

Thanks, im never really on forums hahaha but was just doing to see how native where doing these days, i still use it religiously. damn i should have got some of the SA guys i work with to get me some juice i havent tried before they came to London last week

Few weeks in with NW, love the ease of use and convenience of it, but I've now gone back to Rayon for flavour. Still carry around a piece, just in case :)

well last night i descided that my SubTAnk RBA bases did need a drill out for the thicker jooses .Took the bases out left the Native Wick in , drilled and ground the channels out , then dumped the whole base in the Ultrasonic cleaner , Came out spotless and dried the first one and added joose and took a toot , blew the top of my head off !! next time rinse the 80% alcahol off the wick properly , yah native holds onto what ever liquid you give it .

I guys I am using native wicks in my subtank mini RBA and occ heads. I find that the flavour is muted by the wicks. Am I missing something?

Last edited:
Back