Native Wicks

I got some Native wick at the Vapeking juice launch

Sadly, work has been too hectic for me to try it properly

But i will give it the run down

So far, i have tried organic cotton, rayon, japanese cotton and ekowool

I find the best for my tobaccoes is organic cotton. It gives me a deeper, richer and more earthy flavour. By the way, I observed the same as @Yiannaki on this point.

The best for the lighter fruity and menthol juices is Rayon. Very crisp and brings out the menthol nicely for me.

Am curious to see where Native wicks fits in

@Silver I actually loved Rayon for tobacco.

Interesting @r0gue z0mbie
I think its a very subtle personal taste thing

I tried Sunshine Cired Tobacco and Blackbird on Rayon for a few days and then back to organic cotton for a few days. Both of these taste deeper and richer on organic cotton for me. The Rayon was a crisper vape but made them a little sour. And not as rich. I did enjoy the vape on Rayon but preferred the organic cotton taste. Rayon was more durable though.

Maybe the taste i get on Rayon for tobacco is a taste you prefer and with me its the opposite. Such a subjective thing.

When it comes to wicks, I think internet research and others opinions are not nearly as good as trying it yourself.

@Silver oh yes for sure, wick is totally a personal thing. You really need to find your own way with it.

Indeed

And I dont think one wicking material is necessarily the best for all juices

Problem is that it can get very complex and even just the slightest difference in thickness of the wick versus the coil ID can change things as well. So I suppose one needs to use a wick material for a while and do several rewickings before one can reach a final verdict

So when you look at this picture....don't you just want to cover him/her in juice :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wicky a-so-fluffy-10.jpg

This is Wicky (an unofficial MvC mascot) :p

I only use NW now. My choices will bep;

1. Native Wicks
2. Jap cotton
3. Rayon
4. Bamboo yarn (still have that in my dripper - amazing stuff imo)

To me seems it was just a hype machine, I'm firmly back on KGD. I gave native wicks a fair shot but it seems consistent that after a few days of usage ON THE SAME JUICE the flavor degrades big time. You can't dry burn it, while it doesn't perish like KGD, it still gets a nice char to it which makes it useless.

It sucks in tank systems, really annoying to wick. Even when you wet it a bit before coiling, I've had mixed results on high power builds. My 22g 0.3 dual coil troll v1.5 works fine on my IPV3 @ 165w while my mutation X v3 20g 0.16 build struggles big time to wick(tried super tight on coil and normal tension), yet when I put in KGD it works amazingly well and it's a dream to wick.

The flavor degradation was noted on my veritas, found myself thinking wtf is my juice spoilt? Or maybe my coil is just bad. But turns out neither was the problem. Put KGD back in and bob Naidoos your uncle its back to awesome :giggle:

Of course everyone will have different results and taste will varey but this was just my experience. To me R130-R165 for this little wick, that seems to last the same (if not shorter) then KGD it's far too expensive. Specially since you can get a WHOLE BAG(80 sheets) of KGD for R220-00.

@VandaL, what is KGD?
Koh Gen do :)

DSC00416_1024x1024.jpg

HAHA, thanks guys seems I need to brush up my Italian. Where can I buy a bag? I see most vendors only sell a few pads at a time.

Last edited:
@VandaL, thanks for great review on the NW. It really helped with making a decision on whether to get some or not.
Would also like to know please where I can get a back of KGD at that price. Thanks!

I have been a KGD fan for a while now. Just got myself a puk of the native wicks. Haven't had a chance to try it yet but really excited.

@VandaL, thanks for great review on the NW. It really helped with making a decision on whether to get some or not.
Would also like to know please where I can get a back of KGD at that price. Thanks!
Here you go bud,
http://www.japanmania-shop.com/heal...ton-80-sheets-2-set/#cc-m-product-10056841191

Got two bags last year August, gave a CRAP load away to mates and still have enough left in the first bag to make 100 wicks. Native wicks is decent but for the price and the amount you receive it's not worth it IN MY OPINION. I have 3.5 tubs left of Native wicks so maybe will give it another go soon :)

Ok this stuff is amazing. Flavour is good and I dry burnt it to change flavour and no burnt taste. It's a must have for every vapor. Will do a more detailed comparison after using it a bit longer with different juices.

I got my Native Wicks today. Love how easy it is to make wicks with it, from the way its packaged to how easy it is to work with, I was able to re-wick without the aid of tweezers. It does have a slight after-taste for the first few hits though.

Back