Native Wicks

Replaced the Rayon in my eGrip with Native last night.

Lovely stuff - white as white can be, soft as soft can be, long fibers making wicking a breeze and no smell at all. Wicks like a dream, pushed the little eGrip to its limit of 20W - still effortless wicking. I have used all the cottons out there, from organic to sterilized to Japanese. They all gave me a horrible industrial taste. Do not know what they did to the Native, but it has no taste at all and is as neutral a medium as one can hope for.

BUT, like all cottons for me, it mutes the flavour of my juice. Kept the same juice in the eGrip and the flavour was discernibly better with the Rayon. Rayon does tend to bring out the sweeter notes, which Native does not, but the flavour with the Rayon is around 20 % better for me.

Bottom line - shall keep to Rayon for the time being. For the cotton lovers however, Native is a huge step forward and a must have.

Going on two full days with the same wick here, and I must say. This is a record for me.

I have it packed in tight, unlike regular cotton, and this has been working for me. So far not one dry hit yet, and this is why I will probably be using this stuff for the foreseeable future. No loss of flavour, and it can be rinsed and reused again if the need arises.

Going on two full days with the same wick here, and I must say. This is a record for me.

I have it packed in tight, unlike regular cotton, and this has been working for me. So far not one dry hit yet, and this is why I will probably be using this stuff for the foreseeable future. No loss of flavour, and it can be rinsed and reused again if the need arises.

Here my thoughts on the stuff so far also:

If i compare it to rayon i think rayon gives off better flavour in tanks and higher builds (0.5 and higher)
Native really comes alive in a dripper running 0.4 and lower! it seems to hold more liquid and flavour for a longer period.

What is important also is you have to wick it different to rayon and use less from my observations. I think i still need more time but i definitely think its a lot better than Japanese cotton by far!

Here my thoughts on the stuff so far also:

If i compare it to rayon i think rayon gives off better flavour in tanks and higher builds (0.5 and higher)
Native really comes alive in a dripper running 0.4 and lower! it seems to hold more liquid and flavour for a longer period.

What is important also is you have to wick it different to rayon and use less from my observations. I think i still need more time but i definitely think its a lot better than Japanese cotton by far!
how does it vape on a reo bro?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Rinsed... not dry burnt! :confused::D

hahaha, I had a flavour that I wanted to kill very fast, rinsing was the quickest way. But once it's wet, you will really battle to burn this stuff in normal use. I have tried to get a dry hit on purpose. And failed so far.

Got some today from vape king, just rewicked the Odin and the Rm2.

Flavour wise it's quite good, first few puffs on the rm2 I got that distinct cotton taste I remember from using organic cotton I got from dischem. Didn't get anything like that in the Odin though so might be that the rm2 wasn't properly wicked the first time. I seriously have to stop buying different wicking material as I have loads of everything at the moment...

I'll still give it a week or so but so far it's good but not worth the premium you pay for it, I don't feel it's the revelation that I felt the first time I used kgd. I've been using fruit/menthol kinda juices so will try some of the cinnamon roll once the Reo bottle is empty.

In my opinion...

Got some today from vape king, just rewicked the Odin and the Rm2.

Flavour wise it's quite good, first few puffs on the rm2 I got that distinct cotton taste I remember from using organic cotton I got from dischem. Didn't get anything like that in the Odin though so might be that the rm2 wasn't properly wicked the first time. I seriously have to stop buying different wicking material as I have loads of everything at the moment...

I'll still give it a week or so but so far it's good but not worth the premium you pay for it, I don't feel it's the revelation that I felt the first time I used kgd. I've been using fruit/menthol kinda juices so will try some of the cinnamon roll once the Reo bottle is empty.

In my opinion...
I've found that packing the coil very tight seems to work the best for me.

@Alex thanks I'll try that. This stuff is very difficult to get rolled up if dry, so I wet it a bit and then rolled it.

Btw, can confirm, dry hit is possible...

@Alex thanks I'll try that. This stuff is very difficult to get rolled up if dry, so I wet it a bit and then rolled it.

Btw, can confirm, dry hit is possible...

Soak it in juice then compress it before insertion:confused:

Just purchased some... @Alex seems like you have been getting great results, maybe you could upload a wicking tutorial

Just purchased some... @Alex seems like you have been getting great results, maybe you could upload a wicking tutorial

1. Cut some wick
  2. Juice it up a little
  3. Roll the coil end between thumb and index finger, squeeze it hard.... nope, even harder.
  4. Attempt to thread the needle, you will fail a few times, repeat step 3 as needed
  5. Finally success
  6. Have a vape, there should be very little if any rattle-snaking going on.
  7. Congratulations.
  8. :D

I'm enjoying the Native.

Taste wise, it's difficult for me to say. I don't know, I get great flavour from this, Japanese Organic and Rayon. Sometimes I feel Rayon is best, but so far Native is consistently great, so...

I'll pop some Into the Wild in Odin later, which I am very familiar with, and make a call.

But, I let the Native get burnt, stuck it under a tap, and rinsed the black marks off :0

So one durability alone I will be using Native.

I'm still a bit double minded if it's worth while or not...guess I'll just wait for more feedback to make up my mind. It obviously has its pros but if mutes the flavor then that's a con for me. Just my own thoughts ;)
Would love to know if ITW is any better with the Native @r0gue z0mbie

I'm still a bit double minded if it's worth while or not...guess I'll just wait for more feedback to make up my mind. It obviously has its pros but if mutes the flavor then that's a con for me. Just my own thoughts ;)
Would love to know if ITW is any better with the Native @r0gue z0mbie

I'm just finishing a tank of DIY, and then I'll rewick and give it a go :)

Out of all the wicking materials I have here; this is how I rate them.

5. Rayon
4. Rayon/Cotton hybrid v2.0
3. Cotton/Rayon hybrid v1.0 (Barber Shop)
2. Japanese Cotton
1. Pima Cotton (native wicks) ... best for me

PS. Forgot to mention, these are all used by me on a nuppin, and the odin dripper on a Reo, and my experience is based solely on these devices.

Last edited:
Back