Need help with battery safety - Sigelei 150w

WHITELABEL

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi Guys,

Please can someone just double check me here.

VImBuV.jpg
\

So I'm using 2x married Sumsung 2500 mAh INR18650-25R with a continuous rating of 20A. So according to steam engine I can run my sigelei at the full 150w safely as long as I build above 0.375 ohms?

Amp limit should be 40
Hey man, please explain how that works? I always assumed the amp draw on two batteries would be the same as on one. Erring on the side of caution if you will, but would like to know how it works

My understanding is that if it's a series mod the amp limit stays the same, if the mod is in parallel then the amp limit doubles?

Hey man, please explain how that works? I always assumed the amp draw on two batteries would be the same as on one. Erring on the side of caution if you will, but would like to know how it works

Check here http://www.ecigssa.co.za/what-batteries-are-recommended.t9768/page-2#post-198464

Ohm Johan describes it best there

Edit:
  • Series connection increase potential (Voltage), but current (Amps) the same as for 1 battery.
  • Parallel connection increase current (Amps), but potential (Voltage) the same as for 1 battery.

i always thought that on a mod like the sig150 u fire whatever u want and let the safety features do its thing

snap. i was running 0.2 build for like a week on my sig

I would also presume that an electronic mod would not fire beyond its capabilities

VTC4's and 2500MAH efests

isnt the point of the reg mods to only fire within its capabilities? else we might as well hit it hard with mechs

I would also presume that an electronic mod would not fire beyond its capabilities

The sigelei only limits your ohms on your build. I think .15 ohm or something like that.

The VTC4's do 30A continuous though right? I've also read that you should marry the batteries and make sure they both the same brand.

Lol was talking about this in the morning. I rate a 0.10ohm build will not do a true 150w on the device it's tweaked down

Yeah, didn't know that. I have the 100w and I think it's .15 ohm. Not sure. But yeah, that and battery drain is the only limitation afaik. It cuts off if the battery reaches certain volts.

From what I understand, the batteries are running in series, which means the voltage output is doubled, but amp limit and mAh are the same. So no, .1 resistance @150 watts would pull roughly 39-40 amps.

You would be pushing roughly 3.9 volts @ .1 ohms to achieve 150 watts, so 3.9v/.1ohms=39 amps

Samsung 25Rs are rated at 20 amp continuous. Even the Sonys are supposedly 30 amp continuous. I don't think there is an 18650 battery with a high enough amp rating to run 150 watts on a .1 ohm build.

Soure REDDIT, seemed like the best answer. From what I understand the 25Rs handle burst amprage up to 50-60amps which is around 5s of draw while continuous is around 20a.

I believe there is a German reviewer who tested a whole bunch of devices and at super high wattages on 25R batteries the IPV3 gave a true power rating of 151w on a 0.2ohm coil @ 165w. The sig 150 was not there but I'm guessing it will also be around 140w or so when displaying 150w.

yeh i meant vtc4's and efests but two of each, rotate them in a pair. sorry i wasnt clear

Soure REDDIT, seemed like the best answer. From what I understand the 25Rs handle burst amprage up to 50-60amps which is around 5s of draw while continuous is around 20a.

I believe there is a German reviewer who tested a whole bunch of devices and at super high wattages on 25R batteries the IPV3 gave a true power rating of 151w on a 0.2ohm coil @ 165w. The sig 150 was not there but I'm guessing it will also be around 140w or so when displaying 150w.
So it doesn't really matter what batteries I use? The device will just fire lower if the batteries are not powerful enough?

as far as i know, and will cut off if you get to a point where its not safe to use

So it doesn't really matter what batteries I use? The device will just fire lower if the batteries are not powerful enough?
25R's seem to power all the high power regulated devices no problem, If the batteries are unable to deliver the power then the device will display "check battery." That's the beauty of a regualted mod, it removes 90% of the guess work. If the chip on the device gets too hot it will not fire. The Yihi SX chips seem very safe, I have not heard of anyone venting batteries in a yihi powered device (although I have not looked). Don't worry bud, if you have LG HE4,Sony VTC 3/4/5, Samsung 25R they will all power your high wattage device no problem

well i dont know about firing lower. think it will fire to what you set it at. depending on how accurate the device is. heard the sig150 starts going a bit off (not much) at lower ohms and higher watts

hehe cool man but read up more about it. if u like .2 builds u might be cutting yourself short as from what i know its all good.

Back