Need help with Dvarw DL

TheSubieVaper

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
hi guys, I recently bought into the hype with the dvarw, it arrived yesterday
my first build in is a nano alien reading 0.4 ohms , firing at about 40 watts or so

The first tank of juice was producing decent flavor, using the exocet method wicking.
The juice I was using was Majestic vapor Ju-long (mints with lemon) a juice that I vaped a lot on my cheapie single coil Rta's like the wasp nano and Ehpro kelpie rta, and ive always been blown away by this juice

long story short, I have rewicked it about 5 or 6 times now trying out juices that I know well, to see what kind of flavor the dvarw can produce... its been very underwhelming, it comes nowhere near my Reload Rta , it tastes completely muted , I dont get that sweetness on my tongue after I exhale, all I get is the Menthol tones of my liquids.

With the exocet method I saw someone posted in the forum that the wicks outside the chimney shouldn't be too thick or too long , I tried that , no difference in flavor. My coil is in line with the chimney wicking holes, the cotton goes straight through, Im going to attach some pics of my build/wicking maybe an angel on here can spot something I did wrong

thanks in advance guys

Attachments

• IMG_4478.JPG
    IMG_4478.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4479.JPG
    IMG_4479.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4482.JPG
    IMG_4482.JPG
    202.9 KB · Views: 80
my first build in is a nano alien reading 0.4 ohms , firing at about 40 watts or so

The first tank of juice was producing decent flavor, using the exocet method wicking.
The juice I was using was Majestic vapor Ju-long (mints with lemon) a juice that I vaped a lot on my cheapie single coil Rta's like the wasp nano and Ehpro kelpie rta, and ive always been blown away by this juice

long story short, I have rewicked it about 5 or 6 times now trying out juices that I know well, to see what kind of flavor the dvarw can produce... its been very underwhelming, it comes nowhere near my Reload Rta , it tastes completely muted , I dont get that sweetness on my tongue after I exhale, all I get is the Menthol tones of my liquids.

With the exocet method I saw someone posted in the forum that the wicks outside the chimney shouldn't be too thick or too long , I tried that , no difference in flavor. My coil is in line with the chimney wicking holes, the cotton goes straight through, Im going to attach some pics of my build/wicking maybe an angel on here can spot something I did wrong

thanks in advance guys

thanks in advance guys

Here is what works for me on the OG Dvarw DL:

- Crafted Coils Micro Tri-Core Aliens (with half of a wrap removed) - around 0.2ohm
- Coil placed as low as you can
- No cotton outside juice holes (I cut the cotton tails quite a bit longer and instead of sticking it through the juice holes, I just push them down into atty to block the juice holes. As soon as the cotton absorbs the juice it will expand and performs the role of blocking the holes to prevent leaking. Don't be shy - rather too much than too little cotton).

The above has worked well for me and my vaping style. I got great flavour out of the Dvarw (and I had 3 at one stage - it was my preferred juice testing atty)

Hope you come right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much to everyone who tried to help , after posting this thread I have re-wicked re coiled and tinkered with this tank about a total of 20 times , and I just can’t get it right

appreciate all the effort everyone went through to try and help

but unfortunately it’s going to hit the classifieds now
If anyone wants to call dibs , feel free to PM me

Back