Nets (naturally Extracted Tobaccos)

What i thought. i will get back to that leafonly place.
All we need is a farmer, who'll send us a bunch of leaves.

rooibos, ja, i think it could be quite nice, especially if it is creamy on the exhale like some of HHV - like Dragon's Fire and Sludge. i dunno how to do that; 50-50 but it's always more "creamy", good vapour than anything i've mixed.
Did you get natural, i mean..you using teabags? i think they use something to make it draw quickly, same as normal tea. Last time i looked, last couple years, the old plain rooibos for boiling was not there anymore. i used to love it, now i don't like the smell.

Was a bit of rooibos I got straight from the factory when I visited Nuwoudsville, sun dried, not sure what they put in comercial teabags.

Found a local supplier that is willing to sell organic leaves frome Zim... minimum order 50kg at R7000 a pop... not willing to sell smaller batches, back to the drawing board.
I have some Rooibos tea extracting now, anyone else do this before?

And this is what happens after I borrowed him my Breaking Bad box sets...

I have a question regarding the NETs which maybe you guys can answer for me.

Surely all of these tobaccos such as boxer, maple ETC., have most of the base chemicals that produce the 5000 known chemicals in tobacco smoke at the point when tobacco is combust? We know that a lot of those chemicals are only released, or produced at the point when the tobacco is burnt - with burning being nothing other than rapid oxidation, and the catalyst which produces the chemical compounds.

Since a lot of chemicals are added to natural tobacco to increase absorption rate in the lungs, flavour, ability to burn (and so on) are these chemicals not likely to leech into the PG during the steeping process? Would these base compounds then not be released upon heating during vaporisation?

Basically, what I am trying to work out, is how safe is it to do NET with commercial grade tobacco, considering the manufacturer of the tobacco has added chemicals to it in order to make it burn better.

Richards Bay boys trying to cook their own Blackbird.... :-D:-D:-D:-D
Call me when you have something vapeable.... would love to see how this turns out.

Oh if I could clone blackbird!!! I dont think any of my DIY nets will ever get close to it... it is a very special juice close to my heart and far from my wallet.

Surely all of these tobaccos such as boxer, maple ETC., have most of the base chemicals that produce the 5000 known chemicals in tobacco smoke at the point when tobacco is combust? We know that a lot of those chemicals are only released, or produced at the point when the tobacco is burnt - with burning being nothing other than rapid oxidation, and the catalyst which produces the chemical compounds.

Since a lot of chemicals are added to natural tobacco to increase absorption rate in the lungs, flavour, ability to burn (and so on) are these chemicals not likely to leech into the PG during the steeping process? Would these base compounds then not be released upon heating during vaporisation?

Basically, what I am trying to work out, is how safe is it to do NET with commercial grade tobacco, considering the manufacturer of the tobacco has added chemicals to it in order to make it burn better.

Hence the search for organic leaves. I don't think using flavoured tobacco is a good idea either.

Hence the search for organic leaves. I don't think using flavoured tobacco is a good idea either.

Alright, as I suspected then - unless you can confirm the provenance of the tobacco as being 100% natural and untreated then there's a chance that what you are vaping could be quite harmful. As with most things related to vaping (at least at this stage) there are a lot of unknowns and it is best to avoid taking unnecessary risks when there is little to no information available and only common sense and logic.

@devdev

I think the two pipe tobacco, and cigarette tobacco cant be put in the same category here.

I know they add all kinda weird stuff to cigarette tobacco to make it burn easy and so.

But i think pipe tobacco is just the raw leaf flavored with what ever, i might be wrong.

So what you buy when you get organic leafs, is leafs that was not sprayed with insecticides. You get the raw unflavored leaf. And the people can tell you whatever do you really trust them for sending you a un-everything leaf?

If i cant plant the myself to know exactly what goes were, i will trust the bigger pipe tobacco company's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobacco_pipe

Tobaccos for smoking in pipes are often carefully treated and blended to achieve flavour nuances not available in other tobacco products. Many of these are blends using staple ingredients of variously cured Burley and Virginia tobaccos which are enhanced by spice tobaccos, among them many Oriental or Balkan varietals, Latakia (a fire-cured spice tobacco of Syrian origin), Perique (uniquely grown in St. James Parish, Louisiana) which is also an old method of fermentation, or blends of Virginia and Burley tobaccos of African, Indian, or South American origins. Traditionally, many U.S. blends are made of American Burley with sweeteners and flavorings added to create an "aromatic" flavor, whereas "English" blends are based on natural Virginia tobaccos enhanced with Oriental and other natural tobaccos. There is a growing tendency towards "natural" tobaccos which derive their aromas from artful blending with selected spice tobaccos only and careful, often historically-based, curing processes.

They do add more than just the "aromatics" flavouring - at least that was the impression i got when i spent so much time trying to find out what all is in Boxer.

However, i'm telling myself that compared to what i smoked for more than 40 years, how bad can it be?

Anyway, please tell more about your NET mix. My Boxer is not bad, but it's not good either. The flavour is ok, pretty much like Boxer itself, a bit harsh maybe but not really much flavour. i used 10% flavouring.

The biggest problem is that is it sort of "thin", like watery, not enough vapour. (If you try HHV, you'll know what i mean - their 50:50 PG:VG produces better, "creamier" vapour than anything else i've tried. i can't figure it out, i suppose their VG is different - oh and their extract/flavouring is done with VG only, no PG, maybe i should try that. And i just read tonight, someone saying how their 100% VG juice is thinner than others'.

That leafonly place i was looking at...i think the main reason why i didn't order anything is that the only organic they have is Virginia and i think that's not what i like, i want something more aromatic, more like strong pipe tobacco, more flavour. And the rest, their non-organic, there is so much, all in cigar terms, that i don't know what to get.

i could be satisfied just using HHV only but it's a bit too expensive. Even if i was still smoking, i would just start rolling my own with Boxer and so on, it's cheaper, and especially after what i found out about cigarette tobacco, what they put in cigarettes - much worse than i'd thought.

They do add more than just the "aromatics" flavouring - at least that was the impression i got when i spent so much time trying to find out what all is in Boxer.

However, i'm telling myself that compared to what i smoked for more than 40 years, how bad can it be?

Anyway, please tell more about your NET mix. My Boxer is not bad, but it's not good either. The flavour is ok, pretty much like Boxer itself, a bit harsh maybe but not really much flavour. i used 10% flavouring.

The biggest problem is that is it sort of "thin", like watery, not enough vapour. (If you try HHV, you'll know what i mean - their 50:50 PG:VG produces better, "creamier" vapour than anything else i've tried. i can't figure it out, i suppose their VG is different - oh and their extract/flavouring is done with VG only, no PG, maybe i should try that. And i just read tonight, someone saying how their 100% VG juice is thinner than others'.

That leafonly place i was looking at...i think the main reason why i didn't order anything is that the only organic they have is Virginia and i think that's not what i like, i want something more aromatic, more like strong pipe tobacco, more flavour. And the rest, their non-organic, there is so much, all in cigar terms, that i don't know what to get.

i could be satisfied just using HHV only but it's a bit too expensive. Even if i was still smoking, i would just start rolling my own with Boxer and so on, it's cheaper, and especially after what i found out about cigarette tobacco, what they put in cigarettes - much worse than i'd thought.

Hi @Cat

1st batch: The first smell you get after a week or so in the VG is that raw tobacco smell, after about three weeks you start to get the sweet smells from the Rum & Maple and that get stronger with time.

My second batch is two days old now, i took some of my mix Rum & Maple, Boxer , Black &White and left it overnight in some PG. The next day i took a stick blender and just swished it around, It really brought out that distinctive Rum & Maple smell, so i hope that will cary over to the VG. I have about 70ml concentrate of my first batch left so the second batch will be soaking for a wile still.

Mixing: I take the concentrate and just mix like %15 with 50/50 PG/VG, the vapor is very good and it is not very thin, it looks the same as all the other juice i have. I think i started straining the NET to fast the first time, i will have to up the concentrate to about %18 or so

well its been just over 2 months since the vanilla bean pods went into the pg, not a massively strong smelling vanilla, so will just leave it sitting for some more time

well its been just over 2 months since the vanilla bean pods went into the pg, not a massively strong smelling vanilla, so will just leave it sitting for some more time

@ET try sticking a stick blender in there. Swich it a bit

I'm into the the 2nd week on my first NET ( Whole packet of R&M in 300ml 6mg 50/50). This stuff's coming along nicely. Can't resist fingertip tasting everything now and then. Quite yummy, the sweet is starting to peak through the tobacco and juice is getting a nice stain to it. So tempting...

ah, so you are doing it directly, not making flavouring. ..hmm...but what if it's too strong?

Have anybody tried some cinnamon sticks in VG?

I think that will go very nice with my NET

I found 2 in Cape Town, must be a greater range in Jhb. One was organic and the other stated no additives/chemicals. I do know that this is a hell of a lot better than stinkies.

Well here goes nothing

Some lightly crushed cinnamon sticks in PG

20140926_152928.jpg

Just siphoned a few drops of my cinnamon diy and add that to a small sample of my NET this is exactly what this NET shorts. The sweet spicy taste with the tobacco really works. Can't wait for the cinnamon to infuse properly in the PG

i'm pretty sure HHV uses some cinnamon in some of their NET blends. And i found out that Coumarin - as in mountbaker Coumarin Pipe - is a type of cinnamon flavour, natural - some plant.

HHV uses VG for extracts, remember - the Purity range - which means all the NETs, so you can get 100% VG.

Alex, did you have to. Gross. i only saw one once, i think, when i lived in NW Jhb. Like big cockroaches but much worse. The horror.

Hi.

I just filtered my cinnamon extract, but i read cinnamon is a tank cracker. Some say just so and other say not the extract but the cinnamon oil. I need some help with this please, is it save to vape in a plastic tank or must i get a glass tank?

Got about 40ml of very dark liquid

Back