Gizmo

Catalyst
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
Hey there guys.

I think its about time that ECIGSSA gets a new lick of paint.

All you need to do to checkout the new look is go to your preferences --> Style ---> ECIGSSA New

scrnli_1_11_2024_10-41-56 AM.png

It also has a light switch to switch between the dark and the light variant of the new theme.

Please can we have a poll if you prefer this new look or the older style.

Hey there guys.

I think its about time that ECIGSSA gets a new lick of paint.

All you need to do to checkout the new look is go to your preferences --> Style ---> ECIGSSA New

View attachment 282162

It also has a light switch to switch between the dark and the light variant of the new theme.

Please can we have a poll if you prefer this new look or the older style.
On my cell I don't see the brightness radio buttons

On my computer using Google Chrome I can't even find the option to try it out.

Looking good. I like it. The text is a bit dark though. I'm using dark mode.
What I would like to see is the top banner scrolling with the page.

To be honest here, I can't really see much of a difference and I've not been active on this forum like I used to.

However I have noticed that the fonts are much more clearer and crisp. On average overall, it does look less cluttered and much cleaner looking.

When you last changed the forum look it became the only forum/social media where I needed to alter the size of my font when posting which didn't help much as everyone else's posts were the default far too tiny size which wasn't pleasant on the eye, so pleased this has been addressed but as @Old_Goat pointed out the text for me is not bright enough in dark mode especially as the background is more of a Slate Blue rather than Black, would be much better if there was more of a contrast!

After only 5 mins found I have swapped back, as mentioned I prefer the bigger font size in threads but that's it, with everything else right down to the bigger Ecigssa logo I much prefer how the forum already looks!

@Gizmo - looking good , nice upgrade ! The ''Esigssa logo'' can be a bit bigger on the top banner ?

Last edited:
It's a six of the one, half-dozen of the other for me. If you were to change the layout a bit as well, then it may be something interesting to work on. Switched to the new look and may stay here simply because I am too lazy to switch back (hey, at least I am honest) and it's really same/same for me.

That being said, I appreciate the effort you put into this in an attempt to keep things more modern, etc., thank you.

Having said the above, I can’t ever switch to a black theme as it’s harsh on my old eyes now. Black has become my nemesis as I can’t see properly in the dark and I struggle walking at night from work.

:campeon: @Gizmo!

The new look is fabulous!!!!!!! It's brighter and spacious. No more sardines crammed in a can.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The more I switch over to it the more I don't like it. First opinion that I don't like ot reinforced many times.

No idea what style I have on now because it supposed to be old style Dark but appears completely different.

This all seams a bit risky considering last time the look of the forum was changed 50% of the regular posters within weeks (most immediately) simply stopped coming on the forum after coming on daily (many for years), they all cited the reason being they didn't like the forums new look, those that stayed have now got used to it and it's being changed again!

Dark theme has been reverted. The new look is completely optional.

Excellent that it's optional! My text now on the old dark mode is very dull sure it was brighter before?

Whoohoo! I just jumped 3 levels in the space of a minute! New forum mistake or late notifications I wonder?

1706002544229.png

I'm unable to switch back to dark mode. Can anybody assist?
I view the website on my phone.
When I select "change style", nothing happens

Back