New to vaping

Dwarfy

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Howzit guys,

My name is Nico and haven't officially started vaping yet.

I've been smoking Hookah for a while and I'm looking at something more mobile, hence me sailing into the vaping waters.

I'll be posting a couple of questions here and there in order to make an informed decision on my first buy.

Thanks in advance for all the help. :p

@Andre thanks mate, actually just finished reading the thread.

Really impressed with the little subox mini, I'm either considering the subox mini or the iJust 2.
Read good things about both devices.

I'm just not confident about the liquids, now I'm pretty sure that it's just going to spark a debate if I were to ask which liquid's the best. :rofl:

@Andre thanks mate, actually just finished reading the thread.

Really impressed with the little subox mini, I'm either considering the subox mini or the iJust 2.
Read good things about both devices.

I'm just not confident about the liquids, now I'm pretty sure that it's just going to spark a debate if I were to ask which liquid's the best. :rofl:
Welcome @Dwarfy - All liquids are the best. ;)

Like wine, the best liquid is the one that you are currently vaping ;)

Welcome @Dwarfy, I love the avatar :D

Feel free to throw any questions out here, the only silly question is the one you don't ask.

The Subox Mini is (in my opinion) the best way to get stuck in, especially coming from hookah. It's simple, easy to use and will grow with you as you can start with factory coils and then start building your own when you're ready.

Have a look at the vendor section, we have a lot of really good juice makers right here in SA, read a few reviews and don't be afraid to try some, even if you think you won't like it.

Hi and welcome to the forum @Dwarfy

I can attest to the subox mini- it really is an awesome device.

Good luck in choosing your first device and let us know if you have any questions.

Are you planning to the hookah altogether?

@baksteen8168 hahaha thanks bru, I'm sure they are.

@Jan can't argue there

@BumbleBee, thanks mate noticed you guys are pretty set on adding your avatar immediately
I'll definitely be trying some, but will probably stick to the low level nicotine ones

@Riaz thanks for the warm welcome, like I said, I only heard good things of the subox mini.

Any ideas where the best place would be to source it?

No, will still be hitting a few bowls, hookahs have beaten the ages

So before I bite the bullet and checkout, My cart consists of:
Kanger Subox Mini full kit (black edition)
Samsung INR18650-25R
Fogg's - At first flight
Fogg's - The Deli express
Kangertech Subox skin

Any objections?

@baksteen8168 hahaha thanks bru, I'm sure they are.

@Jan can't argue there

@BumbleBee, thanks mate noticed you guys are pretty set on adding your avatar immediately
I'll definitely be trying some, but will probably stick to the low level nicotine ones

@Riaz thanks for the warm welcome, like I said, I only heard good things of the subox mini.

Any ideas where the best place would be to source it?

No, will still be hitting a few bowls, hookahs have beaten the ages

Hi Nico, my 5 cents. I have both the subox and the ijust. I also have a few other devices (joyetech evic vt, eleaf istick, EGO one) which I will compare.

1. Subox - Nice device, comes with a RBA coil head which allows you to rebuild your own coils. Nice looking device, loads of power 50W. The tank is really good. Has pass trough so you can vape while it is charging. Downside, requires a battery (please be aware of this specifically if you are new to vaping) another R150 - R200. Cost you about R1150 - R1400 with the battery and depending on where you buy it. For the price I would expect it to have temperature control. Also rebuilding is not for everyone. Takes a lot of time, patience, education and skill.
2. Joyetech EVIC VT, rock solid device, loads of power 60W. Has temperature control, built in huge battery 5000 mAH. Will last around 2 days. So far the nicest device I have used in box format. Also has pass through so you can charge and vape it at the same time. Downside, battery is built into the device. Prices around R1300 - R1500.
3. iJust 2, no mess, no fuss, huge clouds, excellent flavour. Battery will last a full day of heavy vaping (2600 mAH). Downside is the battery is not adjustable (WATTS) and it uses a lot of juice compared to the other 2 devices. You can change the coils from 0.3 (88W) to 0.5 (35W) ohm. Personally the device I use the most often.
4. EGO One, I upgraded to the EGO One from a twisp clearo. (even a entry level product like twisp is an excellent place to start, unfortunately within a month you will want more). At the time I though it was excellent although mine never worked with anything lower than the 1.0 ohm coil. The 0.5 coil supplied with it always tasted burnt. That being said it is a nice device, works well. The battery is really small, but it has pass through so you can charge and vape when it gets flat. It does come in bigger versions with bigger batteries.
5. Eleaf istick 40W TC. Beautiful small device with temperature control. Allows you to stick virtually atomizer on it and vape away. Downside, battery is a bit small 2600 mAH and its built in

Hope this helps. Vaping is like a whole other world, too many choices, too many decisions, so little time. :)

@John Thompson thanks mate, very informative post.

I'm actually a bit of a cloud chaser, nothing hectic though, would you rather suggest the iJust2 then?

Samsung INR18650-25R
Fogg's - At first flight
Kangertech Subox skin

Any objections?

I would get 2 batteries! One in the device and one charged or charging. ;-)

I have a lot of mods and I must say the Subox is a great device!

Dwarfy welcome to the ride 8--). Enjoy your stay here with us & ask questions - read & learn. Advice will flow here often throwing your head into chaos but at the end of the day follow your instincts and rather spend a few more bucks if you can to rather buy quality.

@Deckie rhyme much. Lol

Thanks bro, I'm a firm believer in spending once, will definitely try and make an informed decision.

Howzit guys,

I've been smoking Hookah for a while and I'm looking at something more mobile, hence me sailing into the vaping waters.

I'll be posting a couple of questions here and there in order to make an informed decision on my first buy.

Welcome to the forum @Dwarfy
Glad to see you doing research before you buy.

The other guys have given you excellent advice on the gear. I cant add much. Just that it takes a bit of time to get to know what vaping style you prefer and its not easy to get one device to suit all preferences. So be prepared for a bit of trial and error.

On the juice front, i think that is a challenging part to the journey and can be costly. My advice is try sample as many juices as you can. You can try buy sample sizes and go try before you buy at some retailers. Also meet up at a vape meet where you will be able to try out a few juices from other vapers.

Id say the secret to long term vaping success is to try find a few juices that you absolutely love. It makes all the difference. You could get lucky and find a few relatively soon or it could take a while.

Check out this post I wrote recently which I think will help you
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/new-to-vaping-what-juice-brand-is-the-best.t13164/#post-246212

It also contains links to a few other posts which are useful

All the best and let us know how it goes!

@John Thompson thanks mate, very informative post.

I'm actually a bit of a cloud chaser, nothing hectic though, would you rather suggest the iJust2 then?
If you're after clouds then consider a RDA, also grab some wire, 26g Kanthal is a good place to start. You'll also need some wick, I believe you're shopping at Sir Vape, try their Cotton Bacon. Maybe drop @Sir Vape a PM (start a conversation) and ask him for advice on which RDA is good for clouds.

This suggestion assumes that you're good at fiddling with fiddly things :)

I would also say get 2 batteries.

Also consider one 0mg juice and one 6mg. Reason being this - My brother is quitting hubbly. I gave him some of my 6mg juice and he really struggled with it. Got him some 0mg and he rarely picks up the hubbly (only when his juice is finished in fact)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge while sitting in a blissful vaping cloud.

@baksteen8168 is right, in fact I'd say 3mg would be strong enough for a hubbly smoker

Howzit guys,

welcome@Nico,ask away!

Cool will have a chat with ol' Sir Vape.

Yeah have added the 0mg juice to the cart, not after the nicotine, the high level nicotine hookah tobacco gave me such a head rush, so trying to avoid that.

Howzit guys,

Have you seen the istick 100w? It's new and looks sweet and only$29.00

Samsung INR18650-25R
Fogg's - At first flight
Kangertech Subox skin

Any objections?
There is so much great gear for a new vaper to choose, but what you've put in your cart is a fine choice.

Yeah, I've got a good feeling about my current decision, I think it'll be decent enough to start with.

Just awaiting Sir Vape's response about stock then I'll go ahead.

Thanks for all the advice thus far, much appreciated.

Welcome! I was non smoker, but loved to play with hookah, buying E-cig for friend's birthday and saw the mods started my road into this. I enjoy driving and vape when the traffic is still. You gona love it!

Welcome to the forum @Dwarfy
Always a pleasure to have a new addition to our every growing vaping family.
There is an abundance of information on the forum and as @Andre has directed to you there are some threads that may already have the answers you are looking for.
Please feel free to ask as we are all more than happy to assist where we can.
Good luck with your journey into vaping

Back