News from Dr F.

EISH.

Not sure what to make of it. So he is pushing for all juice packaging to be striped and no interesting names. Because that is what the world needs, more boring.

I agree with Dr F. We as adults do not need kiddie names and pictures on the juice boxes. That is to attract children to vape.

I guess I'm just old and cranky these days... all this political correctness just irritates me... :-@

I agree with Dr F. We as adults do not need kiddie names and pictures on the juice boxes. That is to attract children to vape.
I agree 100% with you. Make your juice, put a Nice decent logo on it and sorted. I don't see why it needs to be Cartoons\Comics and all that stuff.

There is a strong element of Darwinism in the vaping industry. After all, when you're trying to convince government that you're not marketing to children, what better way to prove your point than to design bottles with Bugs Bunny on them?

That said, though, I have to wonder whether this packaging really is attractive to kids? I started smoking in high school and a big part of the appeal was that it was an 'adult' thing to do. Same with drinking. I was doing it because it wasn't aimed at kids.

It's kinda like Disney movies. Parents drag their kids off to see them and the truth is that the parents probably enjoy the movie more than the kids do. If the kids are in their early teens, they'd probably prefer to see ultra-violent movies loaded with titties, guns, exploding corpses and beer. At the age of 14 or 15, the sort of age when kids might start vaping, are they still turned on by images of Bugs Bunny and Spongebob Squarepants?? I doubt that. By that age, they are kinda Disneyed out and looking for more adult imaging to relate to. I think a label of a headless zombie would probably be more attractive to mid-high school kids than Spongebob. Cartoon figures might appeal more to 5 and 6 year olds. But that's not really who the vaping industry is targeting, is it?

I have seen very few alcoholic drinks with cartoon images, but plenty of underage drinkers. People need to start owning up to responsibility.

Some of our local guys have started going this way too. Sad.

Back