Nic salt .....yoh!

Nah, was referring to my case as not being nic salts.

@Adephi As far as I know, Twisp doesn't use nic salts in their juice. But remember that the Twisp devices are designed specifically to cope with high nic strength

I'm not surprised it hit you like a freight train. Nic Salts are made for very tight MTL systems and Pods at low wattages.

I'm not a fan of Nic Salts one bit! Not only do they taste kak but they deliver a nic hit of note! Kinda opposite of what us vapers are trying to do. Nic Salts do have a place... and that's getting people off stinkies.

@Rob Fisher Funny thing is that when I started vaping I alternated between zero nic and 3mg, but my nic strength seems to be increasing - quite the opposite of most peeps, it seems. The story of my life.

Interesting and unusual that it's only 3mg - there aren't many nic salts around which are not high nic. And if it's only 3mg then yes, it could be sub-ohmed. As far as I know, it's not the nic salts per se that can not be sub-ohmed - it's the strength of the nic. The same applies to freebase high nic, doesn't it? I often vape freebase at 12mg - 18mg nic, but then I vape it in the Nautilus at 8W - 10W.

I don't see the point of a brand using nic salts for low nic. One of my coffees had 3mg nic salts: Milkshake Liquids/Secret Menu - Wake Up Wake Up. What would be interesting is if I could get the same juice but in freebase nic, to compare the difference!
They use salts because the throat hit is smoother/not present. You get different types of nic salts. If you take a look at Nude Nicotine, one of the suppliers of nicotine, you'll see they have 3 different types of nic salts. If I remember correctly, one is very smooth, one has a throat hit and the other one is in between the 2.

I'm not surprised it hit you like a freight train. Nic Salts are made for very tight MTL systems and Pods at low wattages.

I'm not a fan of Nic Salts one bit! Not only do they taste kak but they deliver a nic hit of note! Kinda opposite of what us vapers are trying to do. Nic Salts do have a place... and that's getting people off stinkies.

@Rob Fisher Funny thing is that when I started vaping I alternated between zero nic and 3mg, but my nic strength seems to be increasing - quite the opposite of most peeps, it seems. The story of my life. :aaaaa:

@Rob Fisher Funny thing is that when I started vaping I alternated between zero nic and 3mg, but my nic strength seems to be increasing - quite the opposite of most peeps, it seems.

Not any longer. Wayne is getting a lot of emails and messages from people saying that they tried nic salts, can't go back to freebase because it isn't satisfying anymore, and they are now on much higher nic than previously. skiddlz went back to smoking after experimenting with nic salts, and some others are too.

I think it's an unfortunate development. I get that they want a nic that smokers can transition to easily. But the industry is under severe scrutiny at the moment due to the fears that harm reduction will be used as a pretext to induce addiction among never-smokers. Vaping will not get away from the reality that it is an industry, and that an industry's primary goal is to make money. Public health is not going to sit by idly while vaping converts a billion never-smokers into lifelong customers under the pretext of harm reduction. Never-smokers don't have any harms to reduce.

On the other hand, there is a legit need to have high-nic devices to encourage smokers to switch. So it's a really difficult issue to balance. And nobody, not even the regulators, seems to have an answer at the moment. Scott Gottlieb has asked the vaping industry to engage with him and formulate a strategy to ensure that smokers are given every incentive to switch - but that never-smokers aren't induced into becoming nicotine addicts. The industry hasn't given him any response because there is no answer. No industry turns away customers. I don't know how they are going to proceed from here.

I think ultimately it comes down to people making their own choices. I worked hard to wean myself incrementally down to 2mg nic, with the result that I can now go without nic for 5-6 hours no problem. I would rather stick needles in my eyes than try 50mg salts. I don't care how popular or "in" salts become, I'm not touching that with a barge pole. Being enslaved to nic, such that I can't even go one hour without it, is a situation I'm not going to revisit.

Not any longer. Wayne is getting a lot of emails and messages from people saying that they tried nic salts, can't go back to freebase because it isn't satisfying anymore, and they are now on much higher nic than previously. skiddlz went back to smoking after experimenting with nic salts, and some others are too.

I think it's an unfortunate development. I get that they want a nic that smokers can transition to easily. But the industry is under severe scrutiny at the moment due to the fears that harm reduction will be used as a pretext to induce addiction among never-smokers. Vaping will not get away from the reality that it is an industry, and that an industry's primary goal is to make money. Public health is not going to sit by idly while vaping converts a billion never-smokers into lifelong customers under the pretext of harm reduction. Never-smokers don't have any harms to reduce.

On the other hand, there is a legit need to have high-nic devices to encourage smokers to switch. So it's a really difficult issue to balance. And nobody, not even the regulators, seems to have an answer at the moment. Scott Gottlieb has asked the vaping industry to engage with him and formulate a strategy to ensure that smokers are given every incentive to switch - but that never-smokers aren't induced into becoming nicotine addicts. The industry hasn't given him any response because there is no answer. No industry turns away customers. I don't know how they are going to proceed from here.

I think ultimately it comes down to people making their own choices. I worked hard to wean myself incrementally down to 2mg nic, with the result that I can now go without nic for 5-6 hours no problem. I would rather stick needles in my eyes than try 50mg salts. I don't care how popular or "in" salts become, I'm not touching that with a barge pole. Being enslaved to nic, such that I can't even go one hour without it, is a situation I'm not going to revisit.

100% agree @RichJB! What you said!

Stuck a new coil into a Nautilus 2, and put it onto an old Evod Mega battery I had lying in the drawer, and it actually works. OK, clearly this is the type of setup, I think this can work, but it still seems very strong, I think the 50mg is a bit much maybe. The evod runs at 3.7v, and I think with the 1.8 coil around 7watt.

Attachments

• 2018-07-31 11.14.50.jpg
    2018-07-31 11.14.50.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 2018-07-30 17.20.34.jpg
    2018-07-30 17.20.34.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 19

@Rob Fisher Funny thing is that when I started vaping I alternated between zero nic and 3mg, but my nic strength seems to be increasing - quite the opposite of most peeps, it seems. The story of my life. :aaaaa:

Nic salts gets u 10 times more addicted than freebase. U may not feel it in ur throat, but ur body will keep craving it as its such high nic, 20 to 60mg is insane. U will have a hard time coming of this. We suppose to go down in nic strenght, not up. And juice makers knows this, and that you will keep coming back for more and more. Thats why u dont see much freebase nic juices for mtl or pod devices. Its a money making scheme and most people falling for it. So sad.

At least a bit of good coming from this thread! Rolled a coil, it came out at about 1ohm, and can already taste/feel a distinct difference in the Savour using my regular mix (which is a mix of Liqua Traditional Tobacco, Liqua Menthol, and plain VG, probably 1/3 of each.)

Tried rolling with 28 wire, far too thin for my thick fingers, used a thicker wire and it is working, this might just be the future :-D

@Hooked You're not alone. I moved from 18mg to 3mg and now I'm at 6mg, 35mg salts and 50mg salts. I kind of vape any strength besides 0mg now.

As for salts, I'd rather do 15mg normal nic than salts but these days it's impossible to find high strength juices while salts are much more accessible and widely available. Although 15 or 18mg juices is significantly less nic content than a 50mg salt juice, the throat hit from the 15mg juice satisfies you. I started with 35mg salts but it feels weak in the pod device that is why I now moved to 50mg salt. When the throat hit is minimal, its easy for me to vape more of it and as @RichJB pointed it, it's probably going to be more addictive. At the moment, I can do 4+ hours or even a 7 hours without vaping at all.

What I hate about nic salts..... is that it is the new 'have to have' for MTL.

Back in my day MTL was referring to the draw. A good MTL juice, a kayfun at 11w was something you savoured.

I, personally, have no time for Nic salts in rebuildables. The only place for it is in under powered prefilled devices. Having people pop in heavy nic juice in their own tanks is asking for a slew of nic overdose cases, potentially turning people away from vaping. 1 Ohm builds where the play ground for 18mg Nic. The only reason 3mg has become the new norm is sub-ohm vaping and the increased vapour production.

Get people of stinkies, and then introduce them to lower nic.

Freebase is free...nic salts make for salty nic users. now get me my Tark's reserve Port Royal and my Kayfun, you young wipper-snappers!

Nothing beats a good old MTL setup with a good 12-18mg free base tobacco juice. I'm with @RichJB the industry is converting never-smokers slowly but surely and caring less for harm reduction....I'm sensing a snake in the grass much like Big pharma had been touting that cannabis is 'bad' for you to sell more drugs....

I personally know 3 0mg vapers who transitioned to 3mg cause as we all know the Nic increases the flavor.

In the end they are all in it to make money period....

@Hooked You're not alone. I moved from 18mg to 3mg and now I'm at 6mg, 35mg salts and 50mg salts. I kind of vape any strength besides 0mg now.

As for salts, I'd rather do 15mg normal nic than salts but these days it's impossible to find high strength juices while salts are much more accessible and widely available. Although 15 or 18mg juices is significantly less nic content than a 50mg salt juice, the throat hit from the 15mg juice satisfies you. I started with 35mg salts but it feels weak in the pod device that is why I now moved to 50mg salt. When the throat hit is minimal, its easy for me to vape more of it and as @RichJB pointed it, it's probably going to be more addictive. At the moment, I can do 4+ hours or even a 7 hours without vaping at all.

@daniel craig I'm glad I'm not alone in the jungle! I've never tried 50mg nic salts; 35mg is the highest I've gone. You say tht you can go for 4 - 7 hours without vaping at all - and that I can't do. I chain-vape because I'm lucky to be at home all day. If I were still working it would be different. But when I chain-vape it's only 3mg. When I need more nic I vape high nic in between the 3mg.

@daniel craig I'm glad I'm not alone in the jungle! I've never tried 50mg nic salts; 35mg is the highest I've gone. You say tht you can go for 4 - 7 hours without vaping at all - and that I can't do. I chain-vape because I'm lucky to be at home all day. If I were still working it would be different. But when I chain-vape it's only 3mg. When I need more nic I vape high nic in between the 3mg.
The only time I can go for long without needing to vape is when I'm out or busy. If I have it with me, I'll use it normally but if I forget it or don't carry it with me then I don't really start getting major withdrawals. At home I use my vape all the time and I don't think I ever go more than 30 minutes without at least taking a drag or 2. I also tend to chain vape when I use 3mg that is why I always need to have a high strength setup as well. I use the 3mg setups for flavor chasing and the high strength setups to get my fix.

At the moment I am using a 35mg Salt juice but it does seem weak but that's probably because its smooth. A 15mg juice give me a better throat hit and I think I'm searching for a similar throat hit which is why I moved up to 50mg. Also, with 50mg I can take 3-5 puffs and I'm good.

I call BS on @daniel craig going 3-7 hours without a nic hit if he's vaping 50mg nic salts :p maybe you only just started on it but give it time....

I call BS on @daniel craig going 3-7 hours without a nic hit if he's vaping 50mg nic salts maybe you only just started on it but give it time....
I can do 3+ hours without vaping all day everyday. I started 50mg salts only like 3 days ago though.

Do salts get you 'more' addicted? I figured they'll just lessen the Craving much faster and since more nic will be in the blood stream, you'll be able to do without it for longer?

For example, with 3mg I'll take much more drags to get my nic fix and even after satisfying the Craving, you still start to feel for it again much faster compared to if I use 15mg in a MTL RTA.

Back