Nic salt .....yoh!

I might be wrong so tagging Kobus aka @Irfaan Ebrahim but nic salts if vaped at higher wattages and sub ohm actually creates a carcinogenic effect #nodrama btw
This is true @Daniel
I've put this through a test and realised that our bodies don't metabolise nic salts correctly.. I've been with the flu for 3 months.. The moment I stopped salts my flu went.. 5 or 6 other ppl including juice makers have testified too..

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Do salts get you 'more' addicted? I figured they'll just lessen the Craving much faster and since more nic will be in the blood stream, you'll be able to do without it for longer?

For example, with 3mg I'll take much more drags to get my nic fix and even after satisfying the Craving, you still start to feel for it again much faster compared to if I use 15mg in a MTL RTA.

That is the theory, yes. The problem for me is that smoking/vaping was/is as much about the mechanical routine and oral fixation as about the chemical addiction. I don't vape when I need to get nic, I vape when it's available. Not chain-vaping, but regularly. So if I had a 50mg device, I'd only vape it slightly less than my 2mg device. I would very, very quickly re-acclimatise myself to sky-high nic intake.

This is why I followed my approach of low nic but vaping more often. I work from home so I can vape any time, I'm not restricted to smoke breaks. However, my rule is that I only vape in my study. If I'm in the kitchen or watching TV, I don't vape. So a movie or rugby match on TV means I don't vape for two hours. If I go out, I leave the vape behind. No vaping in the car either. With these frequent lengthy breaks, and low nic when I am vaping regularly in my study, I've kept a lid on my nic intake without having to consciously vape less often when the vape is available and to hand.

That is the theory, yes. The problem for me is that smoking/vaping was/is as much about the mechanical routine and oral fixation as about the chemical addiction. I don't vape when I need to get nic, I vape when it's available. Not chain-vaping, but regularly. So if I had a 50mg device, I'd only vape it slightly less than my 2mg device. I would very, very quickly re-acclimatise myself to sky-high nic intake.

This is why I followed my approach of low nic but vaping more often. I work from home so I can vape any time, I'm not restricted to smoke breaks. However, my rule is that I only vape in my study. If I'm in the kitchen or watching TV, I don't vape. So a movie or rugby match on TV means I don't vape for two hours. If I go out, I leave the vape behind. No vaping in the car either. With these frequent lengthy breaks, and low nic when I am vaping regularly in my study, I've kept a lid on my nic intake without having to consciously vape less often when the vape is available and to hand.
I remember there was a lawsuit recently were vapers were suing JUUL for getting them addicted to nic. 1 statement said that a guy was a casual 1 or 2 cigarettes a day or so smoker and is now hooked after using the JUUL (59mg salt nicotine pod). From this statement I think that salt nic will make you more dependable on nicotine and due to such a high concentration, I would assume it'll be quite difficult to cut down.

I use such high strength purely for the throat hit it offers and not so much for that amount of nicotine. An 18mg/15mg freebase nicotine juice is perfect for me but it's also much harder to find compared to a 50mg or 35mg salt juice. I think salts are still too new in the market. I will probably finish up my bottle of salt nic juice and maybe try finding an alternative high strength freebase juice. I think salts will do more harm than good.

I am ashamed to admit that I almost got caught up in the latest pod hype. I regularly watch my several "trusted" TouTube reviewers. Over the past few months they have been doing tons of reviews on the latest pods. They are all really pushing them. Some stress the fact that they are for people trying to quit stinkies, but they also promote them to experienced vapers by stressing their ease of use and portability.

The hype almost caught me. I was at the research phase. I had nearly decided on a pod (for its claimed benefits) then a new "better" one would be released.

Thanks to this thread ( @CyberJoe ) the decision has been made. I will never buy a pod system or try salts.

I am truly proud of the fact that I am 100% stinky free for almost four years, after being a heavy Camel smoker for 35 years. I have been at 3mg for over two years, and am now mixing half my juices at 2.5mg. I am perfectly content at these levels, and will continue to reduce them.

Why on earth would I now jeopardise my personal achievement (and health) by trying out high nic devices ? @RichJB hit the nail on its head when he said that he "... would rather stick needles in my eyes than try 50mg salts". In my case I would rather masturbate with a cheese grater than try 50mg nic salts.

I am proud of the fact that I have been able to avoid (or at least reduce) my susceptibility to hype. In this case I came soooo close.

(These are just my personal views. No digs at salt users are intended. They seem to be very useful to smokers who are trying to quit)

Nic salts gets u 10 times more addicted than freebase. U may not feel it in ur throat, but ur body will keep craving it as its such high nic, 20 to 60mg is insane. U will have a hard time coming of this. We suppose to go down in nic strenght, not up. And juice makers knows this, and that you will keep coming back for more and more. Thats why u dont see much freebase nic juices for mtl or pod devices. Its a money making scheme and most people falling for it. So sad.

I agree with what @bjorncoetsee said above. Nic salts helped me get off the stinkies, but I did notice the addiction setting in, so I stopped and went back to freebase. I'll stick to freebase from now on.

I am ashamed to admit that I almost got caught up in the latest pod hype. I regularly watch my several "trusted" TouTube reviewers. Over the past few months they have been doing tons of reviews on the latest pods. They are all really pushing them. Some stress the fact that they are for people trying to quit stinkies, but they also promote them to experienced vapers by stressing their ease of use and portability.

The hype almost caught me. I was at the research phase. I had nearly decided on a pod (for its claimed benefits) then a new "better" one would be released.

Thanks to this thread ( @CyberJoe ) the decision has been made. I will never buy a pod system or try salts.

I am truly proud of the fact that I am 100% stinky free for almost four years, after being a heavy Camel smoker for 35 years. I have been at 3mg for over two years, and am now mixing half my juices at 2.5mg. I am perfectly content at these levels, and will continue to reduce them.

Why on earth would I now jeopardise my personal achievement (and health) by trying out high nic devices ? @RichJB hit the nail on its head when he said that he "... would rather stick needles in my eyes than try 50mg salts". In my case I would rather masturbate with a cheese grater than try 50mg nic salts.

I am proud of the fact that I have been able to avoid (or at least reduce) my susceptibility to hype. In this case I came soooo close.

(These are just my personal views. No digs at salt users are intended. They seem to be very useful to smokers who are trying to quit)

I absolutely agree that if a vaper is - and has been - satisfied with vaping 3mg, then going on to high nic in ANY form would be taking 100 steps backwards. To me high nic, again in any form, is only for those who are switching from stinkies to vaping, as well as those who really do want/need high nic. If you're not in this category - don't go there!

@Carnival what strength nic are you vaping with freebase?

Mostly 6mg at the moment. I tried 9mg in the Vapbucco juice line but that was so heavy for me I could hardly vape it, lol. I'd like to try higher freebase nic in non-tobacco juices though, so will see.

In my journey to kick the stinkies, i tried 18mg freebase in a twisp (MTL) didn't work, then 25mg nic salt in same twisp also didn't work. I then realised, i don't feel "full" no matter how much i vaped. So i got a pulse 80w with the pulse 22mm on top, and did 6mg freebase around 30 - 40w, and i just didn't want a stinkie anymore.

Point is, there is a line between volume and strength. Even 100mg nic, with puny little clouds wont be as effective as 3mg freebase with a storm cloud assaulting your lungs. I reckon it has to do with the volume of nic absorbed by the lungs in a single drag. Larger volume, more nic once off.

That may have been your experience, @Roodt, but I think most people find the opposite. Smokers tend to battle with 3mg in a mod&tank as a transition device, most are far more comfortable with a cigalike/Twisp/pod with high nic delivery. If it was all about the volume, vapers wouldn't be transitioning to salts either because it would be reducing their nic intake which would be less satisfying, not more.

I use the MixLife podcast as a litmus test. Regular hosts Atom, Kopel and ConcreteRiver were all guys who used to sport dual cell mods and drippers, chucking big clouds. Over time, they have all switched to pods. What is causing this? Is chucking smaller clouds and taking in less nic a source of great satisfaction for them? I can't see it. I think they switched because a single drag from a pod gives them the head rush that the first drag of a cigarette gave them, and which they are no longer getting from a single drag of a dripper with 3mg juice.

That may have been your experience, @Roodt, but I think most people find the opposite. Smokers tend to battle with 3mg in a mod&tank as a transition device, most are far more comfortable with a cigalike/Twisp/pod with high nic delivery. If it was all about the volume, vapers wouldn't be transitioning to salts either because it would be reducing their nic intake which would be less satisfying, not more.

I use the MixLife podcast as a litmus test. Regular hosts Atom, Kopel and ConcreteRiver were all guys who used to sport dual cell mods and drippers, chucking big clouds. Over time, they have all switched to pods. What is causing this? Is chucking smaller clouds and taking in less nic a source of great satisfaction for them? I can't see it. I think they switched because a single drag from a pod gives them the head rush that the first drag of a cigarette gave them, and which they are no longer getting from a single drag of a dripper with 3mg juice.

I can't fault what you are saying, and i do agree. I guess the journey is different for each and every vaper. Personally, i do like a good MTL and find it very satisfying, but i do also like 6mg freebase at 35w on a 0.3 ohm build.

I guess it's a case of to each his own, as long as your smoking.

Used vaping to get away from stinkies, time to use vaping to get away from (high nic) vaping:-D

Can anyone enlighten me? Why do vapers now use the term freebase when referring to good old liquid nic ? I understand the technical reason but why relate vaping to drugs, particularly cocaine ?

Every dictionary definition of freebase goes along these lines.....a concentrated form of cocaine for smoking, prepared by extracting, or freeing, the alkaloid, or base, from a salt of the drug....

I have asked a few people at work what the term freebase means to them. Without exception, they answered cocaine or drugs.

Does vaping need to add to its PR issues ?

hh.jpg

Blame Wayne, he was the one who used freebase to explain the difference between our nic and salts. Even then people were saying dude, did you really have to use freebase, or draw that analogy? But I guess if it helps people to understand...

i vape a pico so im not a pen user(used to be) tried a friends twisp too its too strong, maybe at quarter strength it might be a cool sneaky vape

Mostly 6mg at the moment. I tried 9mg in the Vapbucco juice line but that was so heavy for me I could hardly vape it, lol. I'd like to try higher freebase nic in non-tobacco juices though, so will see.

Vape King's house-brand "Vape King" has freebase in high nic - options to choose strength. Cheap too - only R80/35ml. They're not complex juices, but nice for that price.

I started with a Pico and a 6 mg Menthol juice and didn’t look back. Was a between 20 and 60 a day Marlboro light junky. Have had a drag or two on salt ice devices but decided I would put myself in hospital with that.

I now mix at 2 mg for own use, and will do 3 mg for commercial juices, but anything higher and I am higher that a kite on a windy day after just a few drags. Also able to go longer between vapes now. If I get busy I forget, but I still vape a lot in the evening and while driving. In the latter case it actually keeps me focused as I am still driving by feel some days, and it does pep me up untill I get home without falling asleep behind the wheel.

Wil stick to my normal nicotine thank you, the salts I will give a wide bearth.

Any reason not to mix nic salt and normal liquid? Since I had the liquid lying staring me down on the desk, I ventured back and added a few drops to the tank (which is about 60/40 VG/PG), and it does add a bit of a kick!

Any reason not to mix nic salt and normal liquid? Since I had the liquid lying staring me down on the desk, I ventured back and added a few drops to the tank (which is about 60/40 VG/PG), and it does add a bit of a kick!

Issue is nic salts should not be sub ohmed at high wattages as it is said to have a carcinogenic effect hence all the warnings with nic salts. So if used in conjunction with freebase still be midfull vaping at high wattages.....

Issue is nic salts should not be sub ohmed at high wattages as it is said to have a carcinogenic effect hence all the warnings with nic salts. So if used in conjunction with freebase still be midfull vaping at high wattages.....

OK, running at 12watt so I presume it is ok.

Back