Nic salts taste

Vaping1jzgte

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi All

I'm new here. I just made my first batch of nic salt juice for my rta, 15mg/ml.
Test batch is very fresh, hours old. I had a sample taste. I have one serious
issue with the salts though. I'm a ex drug addict and I get meth/tik taste from
it, it really puts me off, I guess it could be because of its "crystalline" form.
My question is will this taste mello out with time by steeping or not?

Regards
Bwaaaaa..Sutututu!!!

Last edited:
Hi All

I'm new here. I just made my first batch of nic salt juice for my rta, 15mg/ml.
Test batch is very fresh, hours old. I had a sample taste. I have one serious
issue with the salts though. I'm a ex drug addict and I get meth/tik taste from
it, it really puts me off, I guess it could be because of its "crystalline" form.
My questionis will this taste mello out with time by steeping or not?

Regards
Bwaaaaa..Sutututu!!!

@Andre I'm sure you could answer this question?

Yes, i cannot stand it - I get a very chemical taste from it. From commercial as well as DIY juices made with nic salt. The taste does not go away for me.

Yes, i cannot stand it - I get a very chemical taste from it. From commercial as well as DIY juices made with nic salt. The taste does not go away for me.

Ag f*k man. Thanks Andre

@Andre Have you tried it MTL? Is it the same?
I only do MTL. Tried the Gusto with pods, tried DIY nic salts - all the juices have a cleaning product taste to me. They add Benzoic acid to make it a salt of nicotine. Maybe that is what is imparting the chemical taste for some.

For my "pod" needs I am now happy with the Joyetech Ego AIO Eco. For the Eco I double my nicotine (it has a very low constant power output) and make sure the juice is not above 40PG/60VG.

I have to agree... pod systems (and NicSalts) pretty much suck... the new version of the Aspire Breeze with 0.6Ω coils is a breath of fresh air and you can put normal juice in it... it's certainly no RTA but as small ninja systems go it is way ahead of the pack!
Breeze 004.JPG

That's strange, I am very happy with nic salts, I just took a puff from the aspire gusto that @Rob Fisher gave me(thanks again) and I don't find any chemical taste.
But possibly my taste buds are not that sensitive because of all Indian food I eat full of chillies and hot spices. :GODZILLA:

Attachments

• IMG_20180323_101454.jpg
    IMG_20180323_101454.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 26
Taste is very subjective and our palates are different

I did try nic salts a few times on other devices (not my own) and for me i just dont like the smoothness.
Nic salts seem to deliver the cumulative nic loading without the throat hit (or at least a low throat hit)
For me i prefer the strong punch I get from my 18mg normal nic vapes

Couldnt detect a chemical taste from what i recall but @Andre has a similar sort of palate to me (most of the time) so his comment of it being a bit chemically is informative for me. I also only tried nic salts a few times at a shop and on one or two devices from other folk so havent tested it properly.

Update : I made another test 10ml batch last week. 60vg/40pg 20mg/ml TFA tobacco. Just had a puff and I'm loving it.
Chemical taste not coming through the flavouring and it satisfies my nic needs. Now to go full tilt and leave the cigarettes completely.

Update : I made another test 10ml batch last week. 60vg/40pg 20mg/ml TFA tobacco. Just had a puff and I'm loving it.
Chemical taste not coming through the flavouring and it satisfies my nic needs. Now to go full tilt and leave the cigarettes completely.

Wishing you all the best @Vaping1jzgte
Go for it!

Back