Noob Question's

For a simple no nonsense system I would recommend the Smoktech SID with a Nautilus.

You will need 2 x 18650 batteries (One in the tube and one charging or spare).
An Intellicharger II

I would give you links to the Vape King web site but it's down at the moment.

Here are the links...

SID http://www.vapeking.co.za/smoktech-sid-mod-sid.html
Nautilus - Bummer! No one has them in stock anywhere!
Aerotank as 2nd choice to the Nautilus http://www.vapeking.co.za/kangertech-aerotank-aero.html
Batteries http://www.vapeking.co.za/aw-18650-37v-2000mah-button-top-imr-aw18650.html
Charger http://www.vapeking.co.za/nitecore-i2-intellicharger-nitecorei2.html

Apologies for the Extreme late reply.

As @Stroodlepuff said in the first posts, i started with the twist and a iClear 16, its a good starter vape but after 2 weeks i felt like i want more, so i set out and bought the iClear 30B, that was a great improvement over the 16 as it has a looser draw and holds almost double the juice, but even as a noob vaper back then i still wanted more, luckily @Matthee and @Tom had a comp where i won the IGO-L dripper, my life changed in an instant and now the clearomizers are sitting in a drawer forgotten about. I recently upgraded to a Nemesis, i did however build 1Ohm coils on the twist and it fired just fine, but it takes a while to heat up. The Nemi fires them much better.

So if you are willing to climb the ladder of vape gear, go for the twist and ill say a pro tank 2 mini is the better bet, it produces better flavour and vapour than the iclear 16 and 30B in my opinion.

Its a awesome experiance learning the diffirences in gear and how they affect your vape!

If you want to dive into the deep end i Highly recommend a Mech mod and a Kayfun lite clone! IMO best combo for a adv, altho im a ADV Dripper..

I hope this helps.

I don't own one either but from the reviews I have read the wheel is a bit finicky and does not have auto scroll.

Where about are you based? If you get a chance give it a try at a store like VapeKing and see if it is for you.

Hi all, i have a question... I have seen a couple of comments about coils and "dry-burning" them... what does this entail? sorry i am very new to all of this... and some of this technical talk and terms really confuses the bejitz out of me *blush* :confused:

Sorry Iron Lady, last time I tried to help you I ended up with a huge fine. No seriously it is actually very simple:

connect to battery, pulse it till red hot,release button, squeeze wraps together, add some cotton as wick and Bob's your uncle. The fundies will give more precice instructions.

No problem Liz.

Dry burning is a process of placing electrical charge to an atomiser when there is no liquid inside the tank. Some juices leave a residue of gunk from the juice on the coil itself, which means it stops heating juice effectively and the vapor production drops right off.

By dry burning you basically cook the gunk off the coil and then it recovers some vapour production. This process if done incorrectly can also kill the coil, so it is best to 'pulse' the on button when dry burning.

thanks for the help guys :) how often should this be done and how long does a coil actually last on average?

hahaha iron lady @johan you really are a funny one :D you give me a good couple of laughs during my day ;)

thanks for the help guys :) how often should this be done and how long does a coil actually last on average?

Usually I can get about a week to ten days out of a coil, but alot depends on the juice you are using. As a general rule the darker coloured juices leave residue on coils, much more than clear liquids. I don't really dry burn that much, unless I am desperate and don't have a spare coil with me.

@CraftyZA uses a coil for a week and then leaves it soaking in vodka, for a while, after which I think he does a quick dry burn and then the coil is good to go again.

awesome, mmm... my vodka... hahaha guess i won't be using that much and it's also for a good cause to keep me away from the stinkies :) another silly question... how do i know when my coil is gonners? or needs to be cleaned or dry burned? @devdev thank you so much for all your amazing help! This is why i absolutely love this site!!! so many awesome people with so much information to share!

Basically its like vaping when the battery is nearly dead. There's little vapour even though the tank is full and it has a fresh battery. Then you know you are looking at a coil that is saying good bye to the world.

Buy the cheapest nastiest vodka you can find and use that for cleaning your kit. Hehehe

Another noob question, are all rba's drippers?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Nope, there are basically two kinds of RBA - Rebuildable Atomiser:

RDA - Rebuildable Dripper Atomiser (Igo, Trident, etc.)
RTA - Rebuildable Tank Atomiser (Kayfun, Aqua, RSST)

A dripper means the RBA does'nt have a tank and you drop a couple of drops of eliquid into the atomiser and then vape that. A tank can be filled and holds a couple of ml usually

Romanof vodka is R79 for a 750ml bottle.
Decant 200ml in jar, then leave coils in there for 7 days. Swirl the jar when you walk past it.

Hey guys, just to let you know we have taken our first steps.... again.... (Let's not relive the njoy fiasco :p). VapeKing was so helpful in getting us our kits. We got the Pro starter kits on Sunday and added 2 iClears so that we could alternate and check which were better.

So far I am already down by 10 stinkies a day (in 2 days), I cannot believe the difference. I am already sleeping better and have more energy, it is soooooooo unbelievable. :D

I must say a HUGE thank you to everyone that was so helpful and patient to this noob :p, all your insights helped us get up and running quickly and I do not feel like we made any mistakes when we took the plunge.

Out next step is to find the flavours that suit us best..... woohooo!!!!!

Another noob question, are all rba's drippers?

No, RBAs (Rebuildables) include drippers (Igo-L, Igo-W, Patriot, etc) and tanks (Kayfun, RSST, Aqua etc.). Sometimes referred to as RDA (Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer) and RTA (Rebuildable Tank Atomizer).

And how will the tanks perform on the mvp?

And how will the tanks perform on the mvp?

The MVP only goes up to 11 W, which will severely restrict the full potential of an RBA. Many forumites use the Kayfun on the SVD (which goes up to 15 W) with coils in the vicinity of 1.2 ohms. So on coils of around 1.5 ohms, I imagine, the MVP should do ok. Good place to start and get some practice in building coils and wicking. However, most of those forumites eventually end up with a mechanical mod.

The MVP only goes up to 11 W, which will severely restrict the full potential of an RBA. Many forumites use the Kayfun on the SVD (which goes up to 15 W) with coils in the vicinity of 1.2 ohms. So on coils of around 1.5 ohms, I imagine, the MVP should do ok. Good place to start and get some practice in building coils and wicking. However, most of those forumites eventually end up with a mechanical mod.

Yea well its definitely going to go in that direction at some stage. Need to do A LOT of reading up first though. Seems like a hell of a lot of effort just to get your vape on though. Or is that why you "need to have" (@Rob Fisher ;)) a few devices on the go at any given time?

Back