Noob Question's

Apologies for jumping into the convo so late but if I may give my 2c:

Dry burning:

There are 2 methods depending on what type of coil you would like to dry burn

1) Evod coil with silica wick and no intention of replacing the wick:
- once you have removed the base from your tank remove the top stem/ chimney from the coil.
- once the chimney has been removed, remove the flavour wicks from the coil (these are the 2 pieces of silica wick sitting on top of the coil) and place them some place safe on a paper towel.
- Remove the coil from the base.
- Give the coil a good rinse under warm water.
- dry off the coil except for the wick, the wick needs to remain wet
- once the coil has been dried off screw it back into the base
- connect the base to your battery
- pulse the battery so that the coil burns and you will start to see some vapor, that is the water starting to vaporize from the wick. If need be add a drop of water to the wick and continue the process till the coil looks silver again.
- once the coil is silver again, dab dry the flavour wicks and place them back on top of the coil.
- replace the stem on top of the coil and flavour wicks
- place the base back into your tank and vape away.
-- The purpose of wetting the wicks with water is to prevent the silica wicks from burning.

2) If you are using an RBA
- Remove the wick from the coil
- place the atty onto your battery (if you had removed it to begin with).
- pulse the battery until the coil is glowing red.
- repeat the step above till the coil is silver in colour.
- let the coil cool off for a few seconds then replace the wick.
- juice up the wick and you can vape away.

Digital Mods (Digimods):
Digimods are fine to run an RBA, it really just depends on what wattage you enjoy vaping at. If you enjoy vaping at or below 11w then the MVP would be the perfect choice.
If you enjoy vaping at 15w or less but more than 11w then a device like the SVD would be your best bet.
If you prefer vaping between 15w and 20w then something like the Sigelei would better suit you.

Mechanical Mods (MechMods):
The only restriction to using a mechmod is the battery that is used in the device. There is no governance on the mechmod except for the coil and battery and this can get quite technical and if not treated properly can be quite dangerous as well. Mechmods are really really beneficial if you are going to start sub ohming and sub ohming is not for everyone. If you find that anything below 20w suits you just fine then there really is no need to rush into a mechmod and would suggest that you take your time and do as much research as possible and seek as much advice as possible from those knowledgeable in the realm of mechmods before venturing into this side of vaping.

My apologies for the long post but I hope that this post covers at the very least some of your concerns and queries regarding dry burning of coils and the difference types of devices.

Urgent help! Why would juice be leaking from the air holes on the aerotank? But if you tighten the ring completely you can't draw air?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hahaha, never mind. In my excitement I never put the coil in lol!

Hahaha, never mind. In my excitement I never put the coil in lol!

No stress, I forgot to screw in my coil when I started out. Couldn't for the life of me understand why the juice was leaking all over the place - had a good chuckle when I realized my error

So who has the segeili 20w? Or what would I be better spending my money on?

Lol, I know that that. Was looking for some opinions on it compared to something else in that price range :)

Difficult to call because none of us have touched the 22 yet... I have no doubt based on my Sigelei Zmax that it's going to be a quality device... but unless you really need the power I can't see why one wouldn't just get one of the cheaper Mods like and SVD or SID... that being said I want and need and am gonna get one! :D

Doesn't it come out quite a bit more after imports etc?

Yes, it does because you have to get the Reomizer as well whilst with the Sigelei you might have a atty already. and yes the shipping does add. Well worth it imho.

Yes, it does because you have to get the Reomizer as well whilst with the Sigelei you might have a atty already. and yes the shipping does add. Well worth it imho.

One day when I'm big maybe.....:p

I just think the display for vital info is really handy and if it vapes as good as the reviews, well why not?

I just think the display for vital info is really handy and if it vapes as good as the reviews, well why not?

Of course, go for it...and let us know how you experience the goodies.

You are asking all the right questions @crack2483

5) A bottom coil and its wick sits at the bottom of the tank and a top coil at the top. Both work and I have devices with both systems. Pros and Cons to each. I find the top coil to have a warmer vape and perhaps slightly better flavour. (but this is device dependent - not all top coil devices are created equal) But the problem is you have to tilt the device every now and then to keep the wick saturated. When the tank is about a third full I find its better to fill up. A bottom coil results in a cooler vape (temperature wise) and on my experience, slightly less flavour, but not by much. Advantage is that no tilting is required, fluid is always over the coil when holding the device normally. The other benefit of bottom coil I have found is that I can vape till the tank is empty. My top coil devices are the Twisp and the JustFog 1453. My bottom coils are the PT2 and PT2Mini. My two favourites are the PT2Mini and the JustFog1453. One is a bottom and the other a top coil. Go figure. So for me its more about the device and how well it performs than the system it uses.

Haa........we should become best mates. I too love both the pt2mini and the Maxi topcoil (1453) for the same reasons. Some juices taste better in one of the 2. It is rare that a particular juice taste really good in both.

The other advantage of the bottom coil pt2 mini is certain juices taste better at either lower or higher wattage without burning. The 1453 seems to work best at or below 3.7v.

So I always have both on hand. I can live with the shortcomings of both.

Okay I have a noob question to put in front of the wise ones :) what's the difference between these batteries...?

My first one from cape vape, the only part that didn't give me issues
qyjegedy.jpg

My twisp
ajy3ypeg.jpg

And my awesome evod compliments of devdev
gybu2yju.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Not sure about the specs of those batteries, but they all look pretty similar to me
All manual 650 mah looking to me.
My twisp manual battery doesnt have a black button, its silver

None look variable voltage, in which case they all operate at a single voltage. This voltage may well differ slightly so one battery may seem stronger than the other. Have you noticed any difference?

Not sure about the specs of those batteries, but they all look pretty similar to me
All manual 650 mah looking to me.
My twisp manual battery doesnt have a black button, its silver

None look variable voltage, in which case they all operate at a single voltage. This voltage may well differ slightly so one battery may seem stronger than the other. Have you noticed any difference?
Morning :) yeah there is a bit of a difference, of the 3 the 1st one has a longer "daily life" at about 1 and a half days before charging is necessary, taste wise I get best taste from evod, then cape vape, then twisp.... maybe it could also just be my imagination haha :D

And nope, you're right, unfortunately none of them are vv. I will hopefully be getting my evod VV this weekend from the clearance sale thread :) looking forward to playing around with that

Great Liz, it may not be your imagination at all. I have heard some people say that the Twisp battery works at a lower voltage and its set up for their coil and juice combination. Not sure if thats true but that may well be what you are noticing.

Back